All member reviews for Pretty Little Liars

Tantalizing mystery plays up glamour, sexiness of teen life.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballgirl31 March 22, 2011

Amazing show! Great for all kids 12+ (the plot line may disturbe some younger viewers.)"A" is diffidently not a positive role model, but I think Aria, Hannah, Emily, and Spencer are pretty good people and have no negative affect on kids. Also the show supports gay/lesbians and how they are no different from other people. Also there is no sexuallity except for some kissing....I see more in my school hallways! Great show and I suggest you watch it.
Adult Written byBerrybones July 5, 2011

Pretty Little Reservations!

I decided to watch an entire show first so I could decide whether I would let my teen (13) watch it. In the last minute, they showed a teen dead on the ground with a gun next to his body. He had just shot himself in the head. Not entertaining. I think I'll hold off on that decision for a while.
Parent of an infant, 5, 11, 11, and 14 year old Written byThe Random Reviewer January 15, 2011

This show is well....... A bad show. It creeped out my daughters ages 11,11, and 14 i believe that this show has a lot of scary content and people under the age of 16 should not watch at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAli J February 27, 2011

Great for tweens+

Teen, 13 years old Written bylaceynoelle97 February 21, 2011

Perfect for thrill loving teens

I personally love it, but it can be pretty intense at times. It kinda creeps me out . .. . .I've had nightmares that are very similar to the plot line. My mom doesn't like the fact that one of the main characters is lesbian and she doesn't see the necessity for that. Some violence is referenced to, and in one episode one character is chased after by a boy. The whole series is about a murder/disappearance so it's a little intense. The role models aren't very good, but it shows very clearly the consequences of their actions, which is good. I think it's very intense for someone who's not mature or someone who's not into the thriller type. All in all it's kind of eerie, but veryyyyy interesting. I love it
Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2011

Freaky, but good

Pretty Little Liars is one of my favorite show. It is based off of the disapearance then later murder of Allison DeLaurentes. Her 4 best friends, Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hannah, are trying to figure out who killed her and who keeps on sending them strange texts and clues by a mystery person named A. It is a very good series but the relationships are all very strange. Aria dates her teacher, Spencer dates a guy who 'helped' her mother cope with issues, Emily is lesbian. So it is a very weird show. But it is also very good. The role models can be bad because of stealing, drinking and odd relationships, but they can also be good because of the dedication that the 4 best friends are going through to try to figure out who killed Allison. Good show. But I would watch it first before your child does. BYE!- Katherine
Teen, 17 years old Written byceceliabieber February 5, 2011

i love this series but not for younger vewiers it has lez sence and and making out and stuff like that not for children
Teen, 13 years old Written bymnewby97 February 2, 2011

aimed for the 12-18 age range

it shows girls taking things into their own hands and being strong and independant when the police aren't willing to listen
Teen, 13 years old Written byRegularShowLover97 January 20, 2011

Cool Show

love this show soooo much!
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011

OMG I LOOOOVE THIS SHOW but it MIGHT not be great for some kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byprittylittyliar December 27, 2010

<3 <3 <3 <3 LUVVVVVVvv

LOVVEEEEEEE THIS SHOW. IT IS MY LIFEEEE <3 <3 <3 <3
Parent Written byMatka March 28, 2013

Throw your morals in the trash.

This is what you NEVER want your daughters to be like so why would you want them watching this. The role models in this are very negative. Children under 18 are not mature enough to understand that this is brainwashing kids into thinking this stuff is acceptable but it's demoralizing.
Adult Written byJiMiF October 24, 2012

Caution Parents: The PLL Characters Live/Dress Like 20-Somethings, NOT Teens

I enjoy this show as an adult, but I know I would not have been allowed to watch it as a teen. All four girls are sexually active, and the love scenes are racy. The character Hanna was in a rush to lose her virginity, and when the character, Aria, who is in a relationship with her former teacher finally did the deed with him, she was met with approval and cheering from her friends. It depends on the values you're trying to instill, but these girls live a 20-something lifestyle, rather than that of a teen with even their access to big spending. When they show flashbacks of the girl who was murdered (who the show's plot centers on), I'm always surprised and find myself hoping no teens are watching and being negatively influenced. There's almost always alcohol and skimpy clothes in those scenes, and that character was supposed to be a new high schooler! It's such a fun show for grown ups, but I think it could lead teens astray from the values of home, especially if you have a conservative home or want your children to (and want to) preserve their virginity.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMysterious_ballerina January 19, 2012

Really?Really?

This show is horrible. First off there is so much dating, a girl dates her teacher and acts like it's ok, boy friend stealing, lying (lots of lying), it's just a bunch of high class snotty girls who are dealing with a horrible plot line. There is no point in watching it unless its one of the last tv shows on Earth.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKids Representative May 28, 2011

Parents, stop over-reacting.

I understand why many parents have concerns with letting there children watch this show. It does have some scenes that are slightly inappropriate. But some of you parents are making a mountain out of a mole hill. If you think you shouldn't let your child watch this show, because they would behave like the characters do, or you just don't want your child to be exposed to this sort of behavior then fine. But you obviously need to give your child a good dose of reality. There are Bi-sexuals, and Lesbians in the world, and unless your planning to keep you're kids locked up in a box, then they will live around it too. So just because a show shows a lesbian in it doesn't mean you should change the channel. Also this show isn't just bad scene after bad scene. I am not blind, and I can see that there is bad behavior, well that exists in the world too. But all the lying all the characters do just puts them in a worse situation, and even a six year old could see that. As in don't lie. And i know that all you parents are refusing to see this show in any good light. But this show does make kids NOT want to lie. The sexuality in the show is the only thing I think should bring any concern from parents. But if your child is mature enough to handle it, then let them. The show is very popular, and its not because its stupid, kissing garbage. But the story line is very enticing. I think some parents need to give kids credit. We aren't all idiots who fallow everything we see like sheep. We have a brain, and some of us has learned to use them. And to be frank, some kids happen to be a LOT more mature then some adults. Although I bet hardly any of you parents have even bothered to read this, or any other teen reviews on why YOUR teens and kids are watching this show, but if you have, (and you got off your high and mighty horse) please don't be so strict. It isn't going to do you any favors. And that is why I think any mature teen should be aloud to watch this.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2011

Good and bad role models...BUT I LOVE IT! MY ALLLLLL TIME FAVORITE SHOW. Also, teens lie to cops. I'm only 12, but i really think most of the people that watch it don't think its that bad. Very little violence for what the show is centered on.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2011

pretty little liars

i love it because it is cool
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2011

i love this show so much! u have to watch it!
Parent of an infant year old Written byrayafunk March 27, 2011

Love it, show how really different people can get along
Teen, 13 years old Written bycsd313 January 13, 2011

It's a good show, and if your kids are smart, they'll be okay.

It's a great show. Some people think it's inappropriate (which it can be at times), but if your kids know well, they will be fine. :D