All member reviews for Pretty Little Liars

Tantalizing mystery plays up glamour, sexiness of teen life.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypb598147 August 26, 2015

Pretty Little Liars

Adult Written byDesiree12345 April 4, 2015

Love this show!!

I'm an 18 year old and I absolutely love this show. I grew up in a Christian household with very hands on parents. So to watch this show that shows how people who don't necessarily have hands on parents or people who can't really see the signs of trouble really opened my eyes. This show hits on topics such as bullying("A" is a huge bully), lying and is consequences, sexuality, school, and a whole array of other topics. This show is not too inappropriate that a parent would have to censor this program from their television. It does have a few kissing scenes and a few action and suspense scenes, but this show is much more drama than action. The entirety of the show is purely mystery and is a big puzzle. So, if you have kids that like mysteries and puzzles this is a great show. Otherwise they might get too bored to really watch.
Adult Written bygracie02 December 29, 2014

This show is definitely not the best show for children under the age of 10. However I think for kids 11-13 it really just depends on how easily the child gets influenced by tv shows, and also how mature he/he is.

This show has bullying, murder (showing the bodies, not the actual murder happening), bad language, inappropriate relationships with the main characters teacher, homosexuality, intimate relationships, and some other things. So if you dont want your child watching this kind of stuff or your child cant handle it I aould not recommend it. However if your child id between the ages 11-13 and they are mature and you are ope with stuff like mentioned earlier then I would say it is fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysumayyah October 10, 2014

Not for 12 or 13 year old

I think that if you are 12 or 13 you should NOT watch this show I'm 15 and I sometimes think that some parts are to bad for me so I'm telling you to NOT let your 12 or 13 year old kid watch this show there are so many more shows she or he can watch..
Teen, 14 years old Written byCurmagicwithin June 7, 2014

My favorite show! But parents take caution

I love Pretty Little Liars! It's a very mysterious show but very interesting, I started watching PLL when I was 13 and quickly got hooked. The only thing that I would say is a little too much in PLL is the kissing scenes, there is a lot of kissing between the couples. But otherwise that that it is amazing show and great for early teens!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAria Fitz June 5, 2014

BEST SHOW EVER

Ive read lots of these reviews about Pretty Little Liars (PLL) and most reviews are focusing on the bad things they do... Yes it has references to drugs but the people are caught doing it and get punished, it teaches kids not to do drugs. Ive also read the girls are bad role models but that isn't true.. There are girls having trouble with their sexuality which can relate to a lot of people and their is also girls going through issues with their families too... There is a girl who is having trouble loosing weight too but in the end she does it and she makes people feel more confident abut what they look like. The show talks lots about bullying too which is really good. The show is my favorite show ever! I started watching the show late but i became addicted instantly! I was 12 when i first watched it and i watched all 4 seasons in a week! It is sort of a murder mystery but there's also great drama with relationships etc. There is some scary scenes but I have a friend who is 10years old and she watched them all with no problem. There is no bad language and nothing rude which is why my friend watches it. Highly recommended but be careful as its really addictive
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

BEST TV SHOW ON ABC FAMILY!

I think this is pretty scary for very young children but parents and preteens that like crime, mystery,and friendship than I would recommend this TVshow for you!
Teen, 14 years old Written byPLL-cupcake September 7, 2013

Great for pre-teens, teens&adults !!

I'm 14&i watch this with my mum, 12 year old sister&9 year old sister. If the child is mature then age 9 is apropriate. It's not as bad as most people on here are saying it is, because kids learn this stuff at school anyway. The drug use is a bit innapropriate but like i said if the kid can handle it then they will be fine, we're all addicted to this show&it's a good way for kid's/teens to see how life is really like&that these things do actually happen in real life so they can be more understanding&aware. Personally i think parents should check the show out first then see for themselves, there is alot of kissing and sex however so it depends if you are comfortable with this or not.
Parent Written bymrsspurlockky July 19, 2013

Great story line, Bad words, poor Moral standards.

It is definitely a teen drama. Very good to watch WITH the teens. Nothing overly explicit. Anyone who has a vice is punished, so there is a good balance of negative actions have negative consequences. There is a bit more language used than necessary, but they hear worse in school. No G-D's, from what I've heard. That is where I draw a line. No nudity. Drug use, but those who use it are caught. Another point I really dislike is a teenagers thinking they are lesbians. It's just a trend young folks think is fun. I wish TV wouldn't play it up so much, especially ABC.
Parent Written byganser February 2, 2013

Not a family show.

This show is rather disturbing. Too many lies, drinking, lies, sexual content, lies,......... Not for even young teens to watch. My teenage granddaughter loves the mystery of the show but I really don't think it's really an appropriate show for young people.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretSilenc3 December 23, 2012

Glamorizes Teen Life, but a Great Show:)

I started watching Pretty Little Liars when I was over my friends house and her telling me how "juicy" it was. So, we watched an episode and I was hooked. It was a teen mystery show- just what the teen-show's lacked. The first impression that I had on the Pretty Little Liar's was that they were snobby, ignorant, rich, and self-centered. But truly, ignorant, snobby, and self-center really wasn't the case. The whole plot (for season one which I have only watched) is about the four girls used-to-be best friend mysteriously disappeared. One year later, they finally found her body. As time goes on, the girls get disturbing texts from supposed "-A". A disturbing message was written on Spencer's mirror with the dead-girls favorite lipstick, and a video was recorded of them trying on clothes (not graphic). Pretty Little Liar's glamorizes a teen's life. Kissing with boyfriends frequently, hooking up with other guys, parties, drinking, etc. However, one of the girls, Aria, falls in love with her 22 year old teacher, Mr. Fritz, there are a frequent scenes of them kissing in season one. If you're looking for an intense, sappy romantic, stereotypical teen life, mystery show, Pretty Little Liar's definitely qualifies. It'll have you on the edge of your seat wanting to watch more.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybuzzybee December 19, 2012

amazing but age questionnable

me being only 14, i watch this shw online after getting my moms permission. there is alot of scary episodes because of the reality. it is very realistic- not like a fanatsy seireis. there is also quite alot of defying rules and naughtyness but at my ages i have seen worse at school, and bisexual-gay is not an issue with my age as we were taught this at school 3 years ago. however i would DEFINATELY RECCOMED perental permission for any one under the age of 13
Adult Written byrealistic December 7, 2012

I love it!!!

my 15 yearold daughter watches the show along with the books, she recomended it to me and i LOVE them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoJimmyProtested November 7, 2012

Great Show For Teens and Up!

Pretty Little Liars is a really addicting show that's not as bad as CSM makes it seem. Aria has a relationship whith her young teacher, but everything they do is clean. Emily is gay but nothing more than innocent pecks on the lips is what happens. Violence wise, there isn't much aside from suspence and some jumpy moments.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzoeb11 October 14, 2012

PLL

I have been a consistent PLL fan, reading all the books and keeping up with the show. My mom has watched maybe 3 to 4 episodes with me, and I told her the plot, but she doesn't approve of some of the things like Maya and Emily, smoking pot, and other things. I think this show is awesome and has teen viewers hooked. Even if you didn't let your child watch this show, she would still hear about it at school the next day..
Teen, 13 years old Written bylyndsey791 September 30, 2012

The best show ever.

This is one of my favorite shows ever. It's a crazy, fast, and yet girly mystery that makes you DYING to watch the next episode. The story has really pretty girls, with awesome style and attitude. It is exciting but not in a too scary way.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 August 11, 2012

Awesome Show Good For Mature 15 year old teen !

i love this show watch it lot on netflix im 23 years old and this show is Awesome but there is lot of sex and Bad language such words S word and b word ! many more this show fine For mature 15 year but would not let kids under That Age watch this Show the outfits are Very skimpy so let said Fine For Mature 15 year but may want talk to them about show after !
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 July 31, 2012

Great show

Pretty good.Really suspensful and it makes you want to just keep watching.Emily gets drunk at a school dance.Hanna gets hit by a car but no blood is shown.Emily is a lesbian.A girls dead body is shown briefly.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretsToBeKept.♥ July 5, 2012

Mixed Feelings

I recently finished reading this series and the found the show online on Netflix, and just new I would need to watch it! I haven't told my parents about it, because I am afraid they would tell me to stop watching. But they treat me like a 5 year old. I know curse words and not to say them I know what S** is and not to do it until marriage, but they just don't understand! SO, my point is if your kids understand what is and isn't OK, then I think this show is just fine for them, if not then I reccomend 16+ ;D
Teen, 13 years old Written byjustwanttohelp June 23, 2012

Know What You Can Handle

I think that Pretty Little Liars is a great show. It's dark and mysterious but still shows some people that could easily be good role models--except that they make absolutely terrible choices. The show has a lot of morbid things, and murder mysteries but there never seems to be any blood (or anything gruesome for that matter). There are a lot of sexual innuendos, and things are really seen from the teenagers perspective. By that I mean that there is underage drinking, lying, drug use, and other "teen" mistakes that are made throughout the show. This could easily be a bad thing, but I would encourage parents to use it as a "What Not To Do" sample, especially since most of the bad choices get the characters into trouble. There is a lot of sex, as previously mentioned, but nothing is really seen on camera The relationship between the teacher and student is a bit iffy, and they don't get many consequences, so that's definitely something to watch out for. This show is definitely not appropriate for everyone, but i think that a lot of the bad parts are over-exaggerated. Anyone over 12 should at least be able to know whether they'll be able to handle the mature themes, but not much younger than that.