All member reviews for Pretty Little Liars

Tantalizing mystery plays up glamour, sexiness of teen life.

Parent Written bylaura.smith May 14, 2012

Totally appropriate for kids 12-13 years old. Great show!

I think this show is perfectly fine. I have two kids, 12 and 9 years old. My 12 year old daughter loves this show, plus all her friends are watching it. You can't really avoid this nonsense, but I researched it before she got to watch it, and turns out it's a great, but totally useless show. On the other hand, my 9 year old is not yet asking to watch it, but I think the right age for the show is 12-13 years old.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKrivers12381 December 19, 2011

Love! however...

I absolutely love this show! I'm addicted... however my mom watches this show also, but she feels like it is a little bit inappropriate, but as long as I promise I won't do anything bad I see on t.v. she lets me watch it! I would say this show is for 14 up due to some sexual content, teacher-student relationships, drinking, and stalking which could make little kids scared. haha
Teen, 16 years old Written byjerseyystrongg August 16, 2011

Parents, Get Over It.

This show is totally fine. Parents really need to get over themselves. There are bullying plots from A and then basic teenage problems. That's it. It's quite innocent compared to what else is on TV.
Teen, 17 years old Written byakalillyt July 12, 2011

Valuable Examples

I honestly think that Pll demonstrates how the leader of cliques sometimes makes the 'group members' feel less of themselves and it also shows how important friendship and trust is
Teen, 13 years old Written bySWITCHED@BIRTH<3 July 6, 2011

Love of my life

I love it and I won't miss it EVER
Teen, 13 years old Written bymnewby97 February 2, 2011

aimed for the 12-18 age range

it shows girls taking things into their own hands and being strong and independant when the police aren't willing to listen
Teen, 14 years old Written byDamon Lover January 9, 2011
OMD I love this show! If you've read the books, then you'll know this shows nowhere near as bad as them. But there is some sexual innuendo.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011
OMG I LOOOOVE THIS SHOW but it MIGHT not be great for some kids
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTwilighterGurl13 December 9, 2010

Amazing Show!

This show is just amazing, but it's a little inapropriate for children under the age of 13.Some episodes include sexual contacts and cursing.Some of the material might be a little bit frightening for children under the age of 11.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolakitty12 September 1, 2010

Ehhhh

I think this show has a good plot line but there are some themes that I can tell are probably a little much for 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatherineLovesJake August 8, 2010

10+

love it! its slightly different from the books, but in a good way.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAshleeey3 July 20, 2010

Great show!

LOVE IT! it's a great show for 13 years or older :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byILoveReadingBooks July 12, 2010
It gives is stuff kids at this age can really relate to!
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2016

Really good, if you are mature

I love it but you have to be a mature person to watch it, some scenes of kissing but nothing further than that, small amount of swearing,bullying and violence as well as lesbian relationships and alcohol use. You need to understand these topics before watching. Good role models and some positive messages. 10/10
Teen, 15 years old Written byfx.s13 February 3, 2016

Pretty Little Liars

It does have some inaprporiate
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2016

Awesome and not what is seems

When I first saw a trailer for this on tv it looked like something for adults that was about lies and sex.i decided to try it though and live a little. When I watched it,I realized this series is great,entertaining and didn't include any sex,just kissing. The teen do mischievous and bad things though,I didn't find a problem with this because I know not to do any of it. If someone doesn't understand that this behavior isn't acceptable in real life they should watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written byrayray.xoxo January 26, 2016

best show everrr

pretty little liars would have to be one of my favorite shows ever. it's a mix of mystery, horror, suspence, and romance, which at times could get just a little inappropriate. I honestly miss binge watching this show on Netflix so much oml. it does have some inappropriate scenes/language, but overall I think the characters are pretty good rolemodels
Teen, 16 years old Written byLiv_S January 25, 2016

WhAt pArents need to know

I think that this series explains the meaning of true friendship, especially when the characters need to confide and trust their friends. There is violence and occasional b*tches and as*ses but for the most part, it's pretty clean.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarbuckslover January 18, 2016

It's a great show, but you should watch it with your parents if your under 12 or 13

I started watching this show when I was 9 (with my mother). She made me close my eyes during some scenes, but overall it was appropirate. The first few seasons are really good and more appropriate, they are mainly about girls getting blackmailed. Eventually it gets darker and seasons 5 and 6 talk about serious problems and start to get scary. In the end, it is a beautiful story and this show does have some good rolemodels! It covers topics like people being mentally insane, transgender, and cruel. It talks about real world problems like alchohaul addictions, shortage of money, divorce, and other problems. Overall, It's not too scary if your about 12 or 13 when you watch it. I definatly reccomend this show because it's a mix of drama, mystery, a little bit of horror, romance, and many other things! It is amazing to see this mistory unravel! This is the best show I have ever seen and you should definatly watch it!
Adult Written byTVshowmaniac January 18, 2016

Its a good show

It is a good show I definitely reccommend it! It is filled with surprises and acts of bravery. But I am apalled that the website said: under the sex rating that there were same-sex relationships. So what, the show explores this important issue and I don't understand why it needs to be noted like that. Overall the show is one of the best!