All member reviews for Pretty Little Liars

Tantalizing mystery plays up glamour, sexiness of teen life.

Parent Written bylaura.smith May 14, 2012

Totally appropriate for kids 12-13 years old. Great show!

I think this show is perfectly fine. I have two kids, 12 and 9 years old. My 12 year old daughter loves this show, plus all her friends are watching it. You can't really avoid this nonsense, but I researched it before she got to watch it, and turns out it's a great, but totally useless show. On the other hand, my 9 year old is not yet asking to watch it, but I think the right age for the show is 12-13 years old.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjerseyystrongg August 16, 2011

Parents, Get Over It.

This show is totally fine. Parents really need to get over themselves. There are bullying plots from A and then basic teenage problems. That's it. It's quite innocent compared to what else is on TV.
Teen, 17 years old Written byakalillyt July 12, 2011

Valuable Examples

I honestly think that Pll demonstrates how the leader of cliques sometimes makes the 'group members' feel less of themselves and it also shows how important friendship and trust is
Teen, 13 years old Written bySWITCHED@BIRTH<3 July 6, 2011

Love of my life

I love it and I won't miss it EVER
Teen, 13 years old Written bymnewby97 February 2, 2011

aimed for the 12-18 age range

it shows girls taking things into their own hands and being strong and independant when the police aren't willing to listen
Teen, 14 years old Written byDamon Lover January 9, 2011

OMD I love this show! If you've read the books, then you'll know this shows nowhere near as bad as them. But there is some sexual innuendo.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011

OMG I LOOOOVE THIS SHOW but it MIGHT not be great for some kids
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTwilighterGurl13 December 9, 2010

Amazing Show!

This show is just amazing, but it's a little inapropriate for children under the age of 13.Some episodes include sexual contacts and cursing.Some of the material might be a little bit frightening for children under the age of 11.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatherineLovesJake August 8, 2010

10+

love it! its slightly different from the books, but in a good way.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAshleeey3 July 20, 2010

Great show!

LOVE IT! it's a great show for 13 years or older :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byILoveReadingBooks July 12, 2010

It gives is stuff kids at this age can really relate to!
Teen, 13 years old Written by_emmalouise August 17, 2015

Great show for mature tween and teens

I've read some reviews on this site saying that this show is inappropriate for teens under 16. I watch this show and I think that is perfectly fine for teens and Tweens as long as they understand that this is just a show and that if these thing went on in real life (underage drinking, student teacher relationships, murder) there would be serious consequences. Also I've read some reviews saying that it is in appropriate because of a homosexual relationship, I didn't realise that people in this day and age still think homosexuality is wrong!
Adult Written byell August 16, 2015

MUST READ 13 YEAR OLD FAN REVIEW

pretty little liars seems to be a rage at high school for people between 11-15 commonly but i also know my 8 year old cousin enjoys the show although it is to unsuitable for her children in her class are being allowed to watch it although i think that's wrong. The language is not bad but in the later seasons its becomes a big scary and would most likely give young children nightmares. there's some sexual scenes, partying, drinking, death, homosexuality and horror involved. I really enjoy watching it but i feel 6 seasons is to much and it beging to drag on i know alot of my friends got bored and stopped watching. i hope this is helpfull
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2015

the best show ever

for kids under 12 years old it can be quite scary i am 12 and have a 10 year old sister who has seen it a bit but she got quite scared of it but i love pll so much
Teen, 14 years old Written bythePrettyDead August 13, 2015

I love the friendship in this series!

PLL is a mystery thriller, with romance and friendship and a lot of suspense. It talks about 5 teens. Aria Montgomery, the teacher lover. Hanna Marin, the fashion lover, former shoplifter, former bulimic. Spencer Hastings, the school obsessed. Emily Fields, the lesbian swimmer. And Alison DiLaurentis, the queen bee gone missing. Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily are being stalked by someone that goes by the name A. In season 5, A gets more dangerous and murderous. Expect some blood. There is some very mild sexual content. Very interesting but a little too far stretched with six seasons already, and more to come.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvlife01 August 5, 2015

I know it is long but you need to know everything!

So I should start out by saying this show is OKAY for mature tween and teens . I started watching it when I was 12 and I thought it was appropriate. The show features a stalker named "A" that texts the girls creepy texts calling them b*tches and wears a black hood so you never see his face. There is some violence but nothing a mature tween or teen can't handle. The show does feature a girl named Emily coming out and telling her mom she is gay. I think that shows that she was not afraid to be who she is inside and is a positive message although Emily does cuddle with her new girlfriend and kiss her, there is no sexual context between them. Lastly Aria meets a guy named Ezra the a bar/restaurant and they make out in the bathroom in the first episode,no shirts are taken off, no nudity is shown. Ezra is like 23 and she is 16 so yes she is involved with an older guy but it never really points that out. Ezra ends up becoming Aria's teacher in the HS and that is when they figured they should end the relationship but they don't. After that settles they rarely kiss and rarely even cuddle. Their relationship is insist beyond that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTuff_stuff August 4, 2015

Ok for Pre-Teens :)

I really enjoy Pretty Little Liars, now i started watching the show a year ago when I was 12, and I handled it just fine. It depends on the kid of course, and their parents. My mom trusts me to know when a show is too intense or too inappropriate, so I thought I'd give it a try since my friends watch it. The show does have large amounts of suspense and thrilling moments, and some of the couples are a little risqué at times, but nothing an average 12-13 year old can't handle. And the show adds a few nice touches to this modern day such as Emily, one of the girls is a lesbian, and little things like that. Anyways, i don't enjoy how much drinking the teens do, but the plot makes it ok for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma Fox July 27, 2015

Give the show a chance, then make a decision if you want to keep watching

*Minor spoilers* I watch this show every Tuesday and enjoy it, despite some of the negative components that were emphasized in the main review (which was based off of just the first season) The show is now on its sixth season, and the girls have much more character than they did in season one. They have left their snotty, queen bee days behind and are now just trying to make things right for the people "A" has affected. Alison has realized how awful she was to people and has made a huge change in her attitude and wardrobe, and Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily are trying to protect their friends and families, not just themselves. We have discovered that A is not just a high school bully, he is actually psychotic and mental. It's not realistic to real life, so I don't think that kids will have their ideas about high school distorted, and the show doesn't try to suggest that the bad things that the girls have done are okay. There is a bit of drug use, some sex, and swearing at times, nothing explicit. All in all, I think it's entertaining and is okay for mature preteens and teens.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2015

Good

I love the show it is a good mystery that wil keep you hooked, but I would say 12+ because of some scenes . It is kinda scary now in season 6.
Adult Written byashlel July 26, 2015