Check this one out before sharing with fashion-crazed teens.

Adult Written bylifeisminty April 9, 2008
This program is extremely addictive and very entertaining. I suppose commercialism and unprofessionalism by the contestants are the only issues here, but those can be excellent springboards for dialogue with younger viewers (the show does have an avid fanbase with young teens, you know.) However, creativity and hard work are also reinforced as important traits, which I feel is a good message to put across. I think the whole family should watch together.
Adult Written byprojectrunwayfan April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old September 13, 2012

great but lots of ads

This show is an amazing look into the fashion industry, but has some flaws-lots of distracting drama, and most of all, LOTS of consumerism. Every five seconds mentions some company which can help the designers. Over all, very addictive and worth watching.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byaveryt_m April 9, 2008

The social themes make this great

We are all major fans of Project Runway - watching it is a family event. We have our favorites and Dad (never even thought about the world of fashion) is the biggest fan. We always find something to talk about - creativity, mentoring, fashion as art vs. just clothes, technical aspects of making clothes, choices, sexual orientation, competition, and of course we have our favorites! The models are shown as real people who have preferences and concerns too. We talk about the motivation and desire of the designers, the fairness (or not) of the judging, the different aspects of the fashion industry represented in the judging, and how you have to have little sense of personal space to be a model. It's fascinating and these people have real talent.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2010

Perfect for 11+

LOVE IT! Such cool challenges! Swearing but now that it's on Lifetime theres not as much! INSANE Product Placement though; it really gets on my nerves.
Teen, 16 years old Written byladyoftheharp January 29, 2012

Love it.

I love this show. It is such a creative idea and the designers and models do such a great job. I love Heidi Klum and the idea is fantastic.
Adult Written byTrevorsHeartburn September 22, 2015

Was Better With Michael Kors

Zac Posen makes me want to eradicate an entire endangered species using solely a Macy's mannequin hand
Parent Written byninakv September 2, 2015

Good for kids interested in fashion who have an adult to watch/talk with

This is a fun show for kids who like fashion, and who like to watch people make clothes. Mild bad language. Some competitors are good sports and some are bad. Starts lots of conversations about what it means to talk behind other's backs, how to criticize the art and not the artist. Lots of commercial placements, some of them so tenuously related to fashion, it's funny. Tim Gunn is a great role model. Contestants are from all over, all ages and backgrounds, and all different styles of work. I saw that the main review of this calls out the models being undressed: they aren't gratuitously undressed, they're doing a job which requires putting on clothes.
Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2009

THE BEST SHOW EVER! period.

this is the best show ever! my favorite! The swear sometimes, but still! AWSOME!
Adult Written bymodelmom8925 April 9, 2008

Its excellent!

My daughters and family have been in the fashion industry for many years including myself.It's a great show that shows kids how to be creative with everyday materials.It's a brilliant show!
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2014

Love it!!!!

I love this show! It is an awesome show about fashion and I love it. There is some bad words, but there are awesome role models!
Adult Written bymr.TR May 7, 2011

The Show Needs to Keep It's Language and Content Clean and Safe for All Audiences.

On 5/7/2011, Project Runway was shown on a U.S. TV station. In one episode, a woman contestant points her open scissors at the camera, and says something like: "In the next competition, I'm gonna cut his little_____ off." The subject that she is pretending to destroy is an area of another contestant's body. Her language and subject matter, is language that is not appropriate for kids under 17. The censors of this show should not have allowed kind of language on the show. Language like that is only appropriate for: people over 17, or for shows that have a rating of: adult, 17+, or R or not rated/X rated/rated Mature. I like the show, it is a show that is good at showing people in the fashion industry. The show also has fun competitions, but I feel that we need to keep [TV language and TV content appropriate], on TV shows that are rated and designed for all audiences, and TV shows that are rated for kids who are 16 and under.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 May 31, 2010

Ehhhh...

Its good for people who want to one day be in the fashion agency, but the show includes a lot of skimpy outfits, cursing, and I don't think the contestants are good role models. Oh, also there is drinking.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2010

ON for 12+

This is the best show ever!!!! The designers can be a little mean to each other sometimes, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboredgrl November 18, 2009

Great reality show

This show is amazing and addicting to watch. I love the different designs that walk down the runway. There is some minor profanity contestants use, and there is definitely a lot of consumerism (ex. Macy's, bluefly.com, Tresemme, Marie Claire, etc.)
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2011

Fantastic!

Its a great show but with the occasional beep or inapropriatness... parents, you know your kid... do they know curse words?
Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2011

Language!

Great show, but some words like b***h, and f**k.
Teen, 13 years old Written byearthgurl July 5, 2010

Creative show!

Love this! For all you fashion-people/lovers out there! The contestants swear and do mean things to each other. But it's just a competition.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2010

Best for preteens & up

I always watch this and think that it's awesome.
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2010

good

best reality show