All member reviews for Pushing Daisies

Quirky drama mixes murder, fantasy, romance.

Age

Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written bymelia1998 November 19, 2010

if you love mystery with a spice of love check out pushing dasies

Teen, 13 years old Written byChristopher K August 7, 2009

A Language Show for 12+

This show is quirky, humorous, and engaging. But it's hard to keep up with. The fast-paced storyline and humor was a pressing reason that the show didn't make it past two seasons. But if you're willing to buy the DVDs and watch every episode, this is a fabulous series.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatsaremyfriends August 10, 2011

THE VERY BEST

My all time favorite show. I deeply love all the characters. It can be a bit scary at times (how come nobody dies in a normal, non-grusome way?), but the comedy tends to make you forget about it. I <3 Ned!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written by♪♫music♪♫ January 13, 2011

Awesome family show!

L. O. V. E. I. T. S. O. O. V. E. R. Y. M. U. C. H. I adore this show. It's like nothing else on tv. I love the characters and the cast. The writing is brilliant and the sets are so vivid. This isn't a gory murder show it also includes humor and crazy sweet lines used especially by Ned and Chuck. There isn't alot of touching obviously because they can't although Olive does come on to Ned. Emerson is more serious but it shows his light side. The main characters aren't mean and they try to help. It's unrealistic the way Ned can bring people back to life but it's tv!! Chucks aunts are hilarious also. Another amazing reason to watch this show is Kristin Chenoweth singing (must I say anything else?)!!! It's imaginative and fun for young kids and a mystery / relationship story for everyone! I'd say watch it at least once because there's nothing else like it and the show should not have been cancelled!!
Parent of a 3, 9, and 12 year old Written byDa Nerd January 8, 2011

My son who is 12 watches it and the first episode there was a son (about 6) running in daises all happy then in a shocking moment the dog is hit by a truck. The boy (Ned) touches the dog and it goes back to live. Ned has the talent of turning the dead back to life for only one minute or something else dies. Also another part has Ned as an adult stripped down in his underwear and his girlfriend (Chuck) in undergarments. Many uses of people "wanting to touch". Emmerson uses "Hell" and "a--" alot and other characters use "danm". They have bad role models because when they were at a nunnery, the nuns started killing eachother. While they were there, a nun started drinking some type of whiskey hidden in their bible. One person smokes and many people drinking beer and whiskey. Bad role models because people steel and kill eachother.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymymembername October 17, 2010

Fun And Imaginative

I picked up this show hoping for another great light-hearted mystery TV show, like "Monk" (love it) or "Columbo" (LOVE IT). Pushing Daisies is very strange and humorous, not focusing on crime so much as relationships. The characters may be flawed, but show kindheartedness and inner strength. Another reason that I had for deciding to watch this show mainly had to do with the casting of Kristin Chenoweth (Olive). I loved her on Broadway as Galinda/Glinda in "Wicked", and I love her in this show. Olive's random musical outbursts usually end up being one of my highlights of the episode. Although there's the life-or-death-no-touching-rule, the characters still have sexual fantasies and also the women on the show wear a lot of clothing that reveals cleavage. It's probably a better show for teenagers and people who won't find the makeup on the actors who play dead too scary. The show is well casted, and I especially enjoyed seeing Ellen Greene as Chuck's (played by Anna Friel) aunt Vivienne. All in all, it's a fun show to watch (with pretty much everything in it being either red or green) and very imaginative. Maybe not my favorite show, but I found it really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzipzipzap January 7, 2010

i think this show is really cool! it isnt super scary and has a funny twist. I dont think it is for really young kids though
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2010

Totally R$O$C$K$S!!!!!

This show is like the best!!! EVER!!! i love it. I think that besides kissing this show has no bad content (except for Emerson saying Oh H**l no. Lots of kids nowadays hear that. I basically know every single cuss word from the rents) It is a unique show that finally isn't about rich kids and vampires. It is perfectly fine for almost anyone.
Parent of a 4, 6, 9, 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byNerdy_Mamma December 30, 2009

Adult Written byCuriousGerbil October 28, 2009

Bring on the pie maker

This is one of the most original shows I've ever seen. I own both seasons and wish it haddn't been cancelled. There are some seens that might be too gruesome for young viewers, but overall not a bad show. The writing is excellent, the dialogue great, the acting spot on, and it even has a humorous narrator. What else could you ask for?
Parent of a 12, 15, and 16 year old Written bycoolgrl5 August 31, 2009

Adults only

The show was very interesting. My husband loved it. But, there was a scene on one of the 1st couple of shows that to me was not family friendly. I don't want my kids to view shows that promote sex outside of marriage. There was no nudity but the message is still there...
Teen, 13 years old Written byx3panda June 23, 2009

Love it!

This is a great show! I think it was cancelled, though? But its fine for ages 12+.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009

Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byhannahvee December 3, 2008

Pushing Daiseies

I think this show has a very sick sense of humor...and i love it its just wut the entertainment industry needs its got a really cool story line and the show just keeps getting better and better i have not missed one show for all of the seasons!!
Adult Written byniccoleolm November 15, 2008

LOOOOOVE

Really awesome show. Very fairytale-ish and fun. Funny too.
Adult Written byAnna_lana November 14, 2008

One of the best shows out there!

I LOVE Pushing Daisies!! The sets and props and costumes are so imaginative and colorful. The story lines are so funny and incorporate some of the most creative and smart tv I've seen in a long time. Ned is endearing. Some of the culture references may go over the heads of younger viewers, and there is occasionally some very brief language, but otherwise this is quite a good family program, especially in comparison with everything else ABC has. The show is carried by Olive and Emerson, as well as other supporting characters. One of the best shows in a long time!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoob Splice April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bytjmorris April 9, 2008

A MUST-SEE SHOW!!!

Pushing Daisies is very funny, although sometimes it can a little too 'fantastical'. The plots are well thought out and the characters are well-developped. Overall, a great show!