All member reviews for Ravenswood

Compelling Pretty Little Liars spin-off is darker.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bystrict_mom December 15, 2013

ok for kids

People may say the show is scary. I watched it with my 10 year old and she was just fine. I wish I have waited a year, but it was fine.
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2013

Ravenswood :)

Hi everyone! I'm just saying, I'm really glad that I'm the first review for Ravenswood. I watched it yesterday on its air date, after Pretty Little Liars, and I would like to say that this show is ok for tweens and younger teens. There was some kissing, but not anything middle schoolers haven't already seen. There isn't much language, but it is a little scarier than the average abc family drama. There was some violence towards the end of the show, a car goes over a bridge, pushed by what might have been a ghost, and into a lake or something and shots of the characters trying to get out are shown.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhey_whatsup November 16, 2013

LOVE THIS SHOW

Um ok, so I like pretty little liars, but when ravenswood came out: OMG i love this show, it's my favorite by far!! I'm not really in to scary stuff, but this is barley creepy. First of all: iffy for age 14+????? Are you kidding me?? It's not scary, it has like, no bad language, just some mild stuff, and no sexual stuff except a few little kisses. OMG COMMON SENSE MEDIA IT IS NOWHERE NEAR IFFY FOR AGE 14+! like really, people, i would let a 10 year old watch this, no problem. SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD AND ENTERTAINING SHOW, WATCH RAVENSWOOD thank you:) ps: im 13
Parent Written byPhil16 October 19, 2014

A little creepy but better than Pretty Little Liars

Not a bad show, think it had some potential. A little bit creepy but much better than pretty little liars for young children, although unfortunately it is more enjoyable if you understand a bit of the history of the main character which would require watching petty little liars.
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2014

Best show ever, help save it!

This is the greatest show ever. But it was cancelled! Please help save it. Tweet with #SaveRavenswood, sign the 'Save ABC Family's Ravenswood' petition, send ABC Family letters and/or black feathers, and send emails.
Adult Written byjcq January 29, 2014

Pretty demonic, honestly...

As an adult, I love the show. However, it has a lot of occult and esoteric subject matter, i.e., curses, deals with the devil (I wish I was joking), communication with the dead, murder, ghosts, lucid dreaming, etc. I wouldn't want to let my child see that unless she (or he) was already a Pretty Little Liars fan. I don't watch any scary movies at all, but Ravenswood totally scares me. The show isn't as good as Pretty Little Liars as far as plot and complexity. It takes risks, for example, one of the main characters dies in the very first episode. For the remainder of the series, she is a ghost. The characters aren't necessarily role models. Rather, the show is about how a few very unlucky kids are dealing with their problems...likely no problems your child will ever experience, though. I think its brilliant that shows are taking this turn. Instead of teaching children how they "should be," they are teaching children that everyone has problems, and that's okay, and you simply need to solve your problems with as much integrity and perseverance as you can...do that, and you'll find success. To me, that is the ideal role model for a child.