Family comedy finds laughter in trying situations.

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

watch

me and my parents and my 15 and 13 year old friend love this show. its hilarious and really good.watch it
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2010

Common Sense reviewed this show WRONG.

Me and my mother love this show.. and it's not that bad. Case closed. ;)
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion June 4, 2010
REBA was on for six seasons, from 2001 to 2007, but somehow I had never seen it. I caught it on cable a while ago and was instantly hooked. REBA is a show that is truly family-oriented. It's always hilarious and laugh-out-loud hysterical, but also touching and inspiring. But, that's not to say that there are some issues with it. The main plot of REBA is about how Reba's (Reba) dysfunctional family barely functions after she divorces from her husband Brock. As their marriage was deteriorating, Brock had an affair with Barbra Jean, a co-worker, that resulted in pregnancy. So, he divorced Reba and marries Barbra Jean. However, the three still live in a close, happy existance, and no pain or regret from the divorce is ever shown. Brock is still close to Reba, and Reba and Barbra Jean are friends. Also, Reba's daughter is pregnant out of wedlock at 17, and ends up marrying her boyfriend Van out of necessity (because he fathered her child.) Thus, some of the overriding themes in REBA are as such: Have an affair or get pregnant out of wedlock, because you can either: 1.) Get a divorce, or 2.) Get married, and live happily ever after in a big happy family. Make sure your kids are mature enough to separate this fiction from reality before they watch. On the other hand, the individual characters in REBA care about each other and sacrifice for each other (after the preliminary affairs and cheatinig that have no apparent side effects.) There is also some slapstick humor and some innuendo. REBA is a great show for the family, but make sure kids are mature enough to realize that it fantasizes divorce and pregnancy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byi'mbeautiful January 7, 2016

funny

it shows how family has tough situations but they get through them
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 July 19, 2015

Good tv show that can tackle tough issues

I think that this is a good tv show but it can be concerning because it can deal with issues such as teen pregnancy. I recommend that parents of kids under 12 watch a few episodes before showing to kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieBuffMarlano12 May 27, 2014

Good show, sometimes iffy

Quality: The show is great. Good jokes, very funny. The characters are very likable and the plot lines and story are interesting. Violence: No violence. Swearing: Surprisingly, there is little to no swearing in this sitcom. I have never heard anything worse than d*mn. Sex: This is where it gets iffy. There are no sex scenes or anything explicit in this sitcom. But in the first season, there is some iffy discussion when one of the characters (a teen) gets pregnant. But the parents handle the situation very well in a funny, heartwarming way. There is some passionate kissing, mostly between the newly married couple, Van and Cheyenne. Sometimes it gets a little risque, usually between Barbara Jean and Brock. Example: Season 6 Episode 10. Brock and BJ get into an argument in a public restaurant. BJ then says that she feels "turned on". They then grab each other and start grappling and kissing aggressively on the dinner table, knocking over cups and plates. The scene only lasts about a few seconds but it's pretty risque. Note: This only happens about once or twice in the whole series.
Parent Written byMrCrocodile April 29, 2013

What I Really Love About This

What I really love about this compared to other shows like this is it is actually funny, even though the show teaches you things and even the consequences of a bad choice like Reba's daughter getting pregnant at an early age, it doesn't feel like a drama like the 90's shows that did the same thing. I saw balance with this show with comedy and learning lessons. And I'm not a fan of "sitcoms" that fill the roles of a parents' job but I love Reba and the whole Hart family and Barbara Jean especially!
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2013

Not Bad

The last season had way too much drama in it but everything else was really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelhpt137 December 3, 2012

Reba - Review

Reba is a very good show with good morals. There is not any thing really bad except occasional language. Good messages and good role models. Appropriate for everyone 10+
Teen, 14 years old Written bystrawberryautopsy June 12, 2012

Family Friendly

There are both positive messages and positive role models. I love the way this show let's you see the bad stuff but they work through it by the end of the episode. It's a great show to watch with your family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatcar12 August 13, 2011

Will make you roll on the floor laughing!

It's hilarious!!! A really funny show! It's not for really little kids though. It really teaches you a lesson! Reba is a great role model and Cheyenna the daughter isn't a bad role model either because when she got pregnant she didn't do abortion or give the baby up for adoption! And she even finished high school! This show is it's pretty much about a white christian family. They are very racist in one episode. If you are Jewish or African American this show may offend you. Barbara jean cracks me up and so does Van! I wouldn't recommend you to let your little kids watch it, because they talk about sex a lot, but I think its a funny show for you to watch with your spouse or with friends.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkandi July 11, 2011

A few iffy side-comments now and then, but clean and entertaining

Reba is a fun, clean alternative to the popular series "Friends." There are a few side-comments about "being nude" and stuff, but younger kids won't notice it. None of the characters are perfect, but the consequences for their mistakes are clear and there are pretty good messages about honesty, family, etc.
Educator Written byshashabel9 June 25, 2011

Barbra Squarepants and Rebaward

Barbra Jean is like Spongebob and Reba is Squidward! LOL
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadison bogdan May 14, 2011
I live this show. I think that it is a great show for younger kids. Barbara Jean is so funny.
Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2011
I love this show I am watching it right now. even though there are only re-runs now they still didn't lose their points, and comdey
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 March 3, 2011

Great show about family and friends

I love Reba! I think barbra jean (Babby J :]) is hilarious! Great show for kids 12+
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2011

Hillarious!! :)

I love this show! I've been watching it since I was ten. Sure, it has stuff like divorce, teen pregnancy, affairs and (slightly) drinking, but that's real life! And it's a very funy show, too! I would suggest it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 January 28, 2011

Good Show

Good show! some language and other stuff but other than that i ? it
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover October 27, 2010

I really like this show!

I am in love with this show! I love it and it is great!
Kid, 10 years old July 19, 2010

AWESOME SHOW!!!!

I love this show so much. BUT... Teen Pregnancy, Some language, ONE scene in a bar, THERE'S MORE.... Good role models and messages. WATCH THIS SHOW!!