All member reviews for Regular Show

Quirky animated series has some drinking, crude humor.

Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover April 24, 2011

Very innocent show.

For the record, there is NO beer drinking, only coffee and soda. Having crushes isn't a sex issue. And I thought I could be overprotective. Language isn't an issue because kids have always been saying that. And I'm talking before this show even came out. The worst it's ever said is "How in the H are we gonna fix this S" but noone ever uses that. And it's funny! My children love this show and I end up laughing along. This certainly is better than the things on the air now. EDIT: I am very disappointed in most of you guys. I come to a review for this and I see a bunch of spams of how inappropiate this show is. Now listen, this show does not cuss. They said some minor cusses in the beginning, sure. But it did not and I mean NOT say anything like sh-t or f-ck. If it did, believe me I would've noticed I've seen every single episode. Besides even if it were an adult show, they would've bleeped it out. And blood? When was they're ever blood? If you think this show is violent, your mistaken. Sure they showed a little blood in It's Time in the movie promo they wanted to see, but it was like, pink slob. It didn't even look like blood. Also in Jinx, they mirror demons or whatever they were had giant red scratches, but it wasn't blood. It you think THIS is a violent cartoon then try watching Superjail! or Happy Tree Friends because the most violent this ever gets, is explosions. This was never rated TV-14 or TV-MA. I don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you're mistaking this for another show? Please, DO NOT put this on adult swim. I've finally found a show that I can watch with all my children that doesn't lead into arguing. Even my eldest child likes it. If you don't like the show, then simply just say so. You don't have to spam the reviews with all these lies. I mean do you people really believe this stuff? Shows like these don't expose a lot of cussing, reviews like those do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMordecaiandRigb... April 18, 2011

regular show is a hilarious childrens show

I love it! I mean, the worst word i've heard on here was when mordecai said "we're screwed." yes, once mordecai said "you've pissed me off," too, but, those aren't even that mad. And I wouldn't freak out about them saying 'jerkwad' and 'turd'. The sexual references i've seen is when on a commercial for men's cologne,it says something about women ripping their clothes off (but i might have heard that wrong), andwhen rigby says "they're just gonna sit there talking about their feelings... fully clothed!" and "benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs!" (benson being a gumball machine)and i've seen ONE drinking reference, when mordecai drinks alot of soda, and acts drunk (can't remember the next day), but, it has good morals. In one episode, the racoon watched a scary movie and mordecai taught him to face his fears. In another one, mordecai gives up a video game so that a man who 'has wasted my whole life on this game, the universe record is all i have...' could keep his 'universe record' title. once, mordecai and rigby were performing as a band, and mordecai discovered they were lip-synching. then he pulled the plug on the boombox that was playing the music, and gave a speech about how that was lying and it was wrong. mordecai is a good role model who always stands up for what is right. also, benson is a hard working responsible person, and he is also a good role model. but the best thing about the show is the hilarity! my little sister (who is 8) and myself laugh out loud at this show. the characters are well drawn, and likeable.the visuals are good. every plot has some sort of mystical or supernatural thing in it, which is amusing to young children. Overall, i give this show a big 'yeah-uh!"
Adult Written byrandumchik May 5, 2011

Regular Show is actually one of the better shows on Cartoon Network because it's actually funny. The two main characters are slackers, but they do take on responsibility when the opportunity arises. It has a PG rating, so I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone under the age of 10. The language isn't bad at all, seeing as how children here worse just walking outside. I'm 19 and I love this show. It has a lot of pop culture references that adults and children will recognize. So do me a solid and watch it :D
Adult Written byo:o August 26, 2011

Way too many wildcards on this show

It got TV-14 5 times and a [as] specail had a TV-MA, so be very carefull, It's somewhat funny, because, all of this crazy stuff isn't regular, but alot of wildcards
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2011

What is wrong with this show!!!

I do not like the language they use at all in this show! My brother is totally afraid of this show in one episode when this car was like running over people and they were bleeding I think! I think this is more of a show that should go on Adult Swim because it is more of a teenagers show.
Adult Written byAri_the_sensible September 8, 2010

A very Enjoyable Show for Older Children and Above

I watched the series premiere the other night and fell in love it. It's a funny, laid back, and imaginative cartoon that both adults and children can enjoy. There are some concerns people might want to watch out for. The show does have some mild crude language such as "pissed", "crap" and "how the H are we gonna fix this S?" It shouldn't be too big of a concern if you have older children of about middle school age or above who may be used to more colorful language already. You might want to supervise younger, more impressionable children though. It does have a PG rating for a reason. Also, there is no drinking beer as of yet. Just coffee and soda, and they were never drunk. I think someone misinterpreted what they were drinking and doing.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Regular Show! Awesome!

I'm 11 and I think it rocks!!! It's funny! And you may think this kind of stuff passes over our heads, but we understand it. We think it's funny! Jeez! Give us some space! We are going to be exposed to this anyway!!!
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycheesed12 September 5, 2010

It should be rated TV-MA-VL and it should aired on Adult Swim!
Teen, 15 years old Written byROBLOXmon April 18, 2011

Not a bad show

Ok first of all, the people that review these shows (the people on these fourms) are technecly lying. First of all there drinking coffee (for kids 11+) NOT beer. If you notice Mordicai and Rigby go to a coffee shop. Second Mordicai has a crush on margret. So what? People get into relation ships ALL the time. Plus, this is a cartoon not a real life show. If you ash me im giving a VERY GOOD Description of the show, such as details. I would listen to this is think about what i said VERY carefully.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Review Guy March 12, 2011

Short,Quirky Comedy can be very questionable.

Parents need to know that although Regular Show isn't as edgy as though other Animated Comedies,the content here is not for the Elementary school set,and even some parts of the Middle School Set,although the cartoon violence will feel familar to kids,everything else here will be too confusing for them.Along with the fantasy violence,there's some mild sex talk,partial nudity,mild language,and occasional drinking,but the characters are over 21.If you let you 10 year olds see this show,make sure you watch it with them.Anyone around the age of 13,this show is fine,but don't expect any messages or role models. Messages:Negative 0/5 A mixed bag,some episodes have positive messages about facing your fears and confessing that you are jealous,while other episodes have some very questionable messages about not doing your job and getting back at someone even though they said there sorry,but you could argue about the amount of creativity in each episode Role Models:Negative 1/5 No one here is an actual role model,they do seem to care about friendship,but the two main characters,lie,don't do there job and are very lazy,some characters are used stereotypically. Violence:2/5 There's violence in nearly every episode,it includes slapstick violence,pratfalls,and fantasy violence,but it's all played for laughs. Sex:2/5 Just like the violence the sex is also played for laughs,Mordecai has a crush on a girl,which brings out some mild sex jokes that are not for younger kids.For example(There just gonna talk about there feelings,fully clothed.)There's also some on-screen nudity(bare-buttocks.)but the genitals aren't shown.A female Character's cleavage is often on display. Language:2/5 Stronger than other cartoon shows like this,Words like Pissed,Crap,and Screwed are often heard,They also replace words like S**t and h*ll with "S" and "H".B****h could also be heard in one episode,but it's hard to know if it's heard or not. Consumerism:0/5 There is no actual product placement,but classic 80's songs are often heard in each episode. Drinking,Drugs,and Smoking:2/5 One episode takes place in a bar,which shows some drinking.Character's drink from blue cans,it's unidentified if it's beer or soda,but sometimes it's to the point of drunkness,which would make it more like beer.But the characters are over 21. Is it any good:There's no doubt that Regular Show is not your run of the mill animated Comedy,there's no cute characters or predictable storylines,instead it uses more creative characters and storylines for each episode,we even learn of a backstory with each character.The animation fit's how the premise is suppose it be,low-budget.(This will familar to Kevin Smith fans,for those who have seen Clerks.)The acting is great and the actors play there roles perfecting,and the storyline for each episode starts out normal,but then get's crazy,something we rarely,or barely see in Animated Comedies. But even with all this good stuff,this show isn't perfect.The Script sounds like something outta of Middle Schooler's Scrapbook,and for some older viewers that can be annoying,some storylines aren't exactly orignial,and moments where it's suppose to feel exciting,fall in line of predictable and feel shallow.But overall it's a funny,creative show that might not get some viewers,but others will be hooked and will want to see what happens next,but it's just another day for Mordecai and Rigby as slackers at a park. My TV Rating:TV-PG DLV
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bypboyal January 17, 2011

Perfect for all ages over 6.

This show is honest. Younger kids now a days use words like crap and piss. (Those are the less bad words)
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNK17 January 26, 2013

Smart Show but very Dumb at the same time. STILL EPIC

Awesome show pretty much all I still watch on CN It is more aimed at teens but is ok for some Tweens; Message: 0/5 this show occasionally features positive messages but not centered; some characters are based on certain stereotypes etc; Role Models 2/5: Pops, Mordecai, and skips are arguably... Great role models though it is also not centered on; Violence 3/5- Punching, Kicking, Throwing etc frequently to the groin some graphic violence, in one episode a car is bent on killing people in another features a gun climax in one they battle zombies to earn a day off, the show can be strange at times, the most intense is Terror Tales Of The Park I (II isnt very graphic) it contains grinding up, decapitation, mauling and litterally being blown up usually very cartoon y and not scary; Sex 2/5-Some Iffy content... in one instance pops is seen naked ONCE; Mordecai stands in shock, a recurring theme is Mordecai trying to kiss margaret, some breast referance "lady pecs" and in one episode Muscle Man says the word "breasts" and one use of "balls drop" (Mordecai and Rigby seen snickering) in one episode Rigby complains about women "fully clothed" Language 3/5- anus, turds, screw, crap and pissed... What the H is heard at least 4 Times How the H are we gonna fix this S used once... $hit is used once but cut off by a punch, so far in S4 crap and piss however haven't been used; Consumerism 0/5 No products but lost of 80's songs play; Alcohol Use 1/5- Some Jokey elements they drink lots of soda and coffee and 4:20 as a time is seen as a joke multiple times------- Overall it is iffy for 10-14 depending on certain parent's persona's but OK for 15+ the iffy content is always nice in a "kids show" some claim My Little Pony has that and my friend forced me to watch one episode... but i don't see it. This show can also be very dark. But it is slightly overrated it is 8.5 stars on IMDB but has lowered a few notches, but i think 8.0 is correct
Adult Written bybobsburgersfella231 February 2, 2012

too violent for a non-adult swim cartoon

TV-14- V.
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written bytyproctor April 25, 2011

Bad language...

This is not a good influence on my children, 4 and 9. I didn't think I would have to monitor Cartoon Network of all things, but I will be from now on. Children tend to think b/c they saw something on a cartoon, it's harmless. The language is just not appropriate.
Kid, 12 years old May 7, 2011

NO BEER DRINKING

Sure their is Suggestive Language, Crude Humor and Fantasy Violence. But this show is hilarious. Their isn't beer drinking, so I don't know what they're talking about (it's always labled "Soda"). And Since this show is rated TV-PG-V (Parental Guidance Suggested--With Moderate Violence) let them get away with this stuff. It's all for some laughs! Most kids already say the "language" in this show, crushes shouldn't count as "sex", and saying it's only appropriate for children 14 and over is ridiculous. Most other TV-PG shows say stronger language. Early episodes of Family Guy, and Futurama and most episodes of The Simpsons are rated TV-PG (-D,L,S,V). This show is funny and yes, a little quirky. :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byJesusLuvsYew May 4, 2011

Love it! :D

I love this show! I don't care if I'm too old for it. The only reason they use (minor) cusses is because they're trying to get a PG rating. Kids already use the language anyway, so even if it didn't cuss, it wouldn't make a difference to the way children act. There is absolutly no beer, I have no idea what the crap commen sense is talking about. Also, since when did anyone get drunk or sick? Explain ONE time that anyone got drunk or sick due to beer! The closest thing they have to beer is soda, which is nothing like beer. Whoever doesn't like this has no sense of humour and creativity. Argue with me all you want, but it's the truth.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

Really Funny

Such a funny show! :) Just so people know, I think the reason why it is called "Regular Show" is because episodes start out normal, but then take wild turns to become crazy adventures. VERY random. :) There's some language in it that little kids shouldn't hear, but it really depends on how much a kid is exposed to the stuff.
Kid, 7 years old April 13, 2015

no one under 15 should ever watch this and i'm not recommending it to any age !

they say bad words and have s*x worse than Barney & Friends
Adult Written byJEDI micah March 28, 2012

ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

This is the best show on Cartoon Network! I love the characters, plot, humor, and animation! But parents, this show is rated TV-PG, so there are some things in this show that may not be appropriate for kids. There's fantasy violence(but no blood shown), mild language, and some sexuality, although sex is never shown! Other than that, this is an awesome show to watch! Young teens will love it, even you parents may like it as well! And just to let you know, Common Sense, the park in the show is owned by Pops' father, not Pops himself! And I did not see one single episode that showed people drinking beer! You may want to change that in your review! Once again, ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!
Adult Written byBob2099 January 18, 2012

Iffy for older tweens

Drunk characters and words like screwed, pissy, crap, frickin', and censored swear words.