All member reviews for Revolution

Post-apocalyptic adventure balances violence, family themes.

Parent Written byjdfi September 25, 2012

Too violent for all ages

The previews for this show made it seem quite intriguing. The first episode was rather slow and violent, but I thought I'd check out the next episode to see if it was a show I'd enjoy watching long term. Nope. There is way too much graphic violence in this show. People regularly get stabbed and slashed with knives or swords, complete with bloody sound effects. I have no desire to watch that type of thing, and I certainly would not allow children or teens to watch it. In addition to the violence, the characters just aren't compelling. But the reason I will not waste my time on this show is the unnecessary violence. This is another show that could have been great, but isn't.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl September 25, 2012

i'm LOVING Revolution!

This show just came on a few weeks ago, and I already love it. It's really fun; about a post apocalyptic world after all electricity is turned off. JJ Abrams of LOST, Eric Kripke from Supernatural, and the director from Iron Man are in on this. It's the best of the best here. There is a lot of violence, so it might scare little kids but it's not too bad. No sex whatsoever, a few flirting scenes, but we're only a few episodes in so that might change later. Some swearing includes SOB, dang, and heck. Other than that this show is boss. I really suggest it to all who loved LOST or all who wanted to love LOST but thought it was too mature for younger audiences. It's great! I really hope it gets renewed.
Parent of a 4, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15 year old Written byMom28monkeys October 3, 2013

I wish that the makers of “Revolution” had toned down the explicit violence, the crude language, and the unnecessary immodesty… if they had, I would be looking forward to watching Season 2 right now!

I think the premise of "Revolution" is really interesting, but the delivery is disappointing. Although the story is exciting and I would love to see what is going to happen next, we have stopped at the end of Season 1 and will not be starting Season 2. The show is filled with much unnecessary violence (constant blood-spurting as necks are slashed and people are stabbed and shot). I understand that the combat scenes are essential to the plot, and that’s fine, but in my opinion we don’t need the camera to focus on the gore and linger on it as if we should be enjoying the carnage! The language was much more crude and frequent than what I was expecting. It was a constant barrage of “b**ch”, “son-of-a-b**ch”, “ba***rd”, “h*ll”, “d**n”, “pr*ck”. There were some comments that I consider disrespectful towards women: references to “getting laid” and “banging her”. I was trying to watch this show with my two teenage boys, and there turned out to be a number of scenes that were inappropriate and uncomfortable for us. Female characters repeatedly undressed, usually down to bra and panties. There was at least once that the female lead was completely naked and the camera stayed on her as she got in and out of the bathtub. You don’t see “everything”, but there are teasing peeks at the sides of her breasts. There were two episodes that included sex. One instance was between a teenage boy and girl, and the other between a grown man and woman. Neither of the instances was explicit, just clear enough that you knew what was happening. One of the positive notes is that some of the characters demonstrate a strong sense of loyalty and family obligations.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Really Great

Really good show that does contain all of the below. But honestly really great!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySmither2000 June 16, 2013

Amazing

I Think that it is an amazing season and it has kept me on the edge of my seat, I want to say that some times it can be very violent and if you don't like the sight of blood don't watch it because it can be very gruesome, I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone interested which is why I have rated it 5 stars
Teen, 14 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 October 12, 2012

More violent than I expected

We stopped watching this show because of the violence. Snapping necks, arrows through heads, and stabbing people through the head. Gross violence
Adult Written byAstrid Griffin Blake August 29, 2015

Love love love revolution

Revolution has got alot of violence as you can probably see by the name. A tiny bit of sex. Basically the electricity goes out and a few years later people are living on farms. There is a girl named Charlie Matheson who's brother needs a inhaler but they do not have one so he needs medicine instead. Charlie's mum died because something happened to her in the woods but they never knew. Revolution is a good show and should have a season 3.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2015

This show is great but.............

This show is quite good ! For a kid who is mature and a good communicater with the parent this show is just fine. Yes, there is some violence and yes they do in this show use the D word but not very often at least that's all I've heard but I recommend just watching some of the episodes by yourself parents because you might have a different take on it then I do so I hope this was helpful in deciding if this show is OK for YOUR child(:
Teen, 15 years old Written byOli75 March 27, 2015

Interesting series, more violent than may appear

The series started of relatively violent, but increased as the series progresses, including one episode where a woman's bone breaks and sticks out of her leg. few mild to moderate profanities and some alcohol, but violence is the main problem. The violence isn't over the top at all, but may be disturbing for younger viewers.
Teen, 15 years old Written by20swolfe1709 February 4, 2014

Okay for some

While I love this show it is becoming more and more intense. For instance there has been too much sex and language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byemem731 January 31, 2014

Violent but entertaining.

At some points the violence is a little much, but not too graphic. Really entertaining with family values. It's getting a little more racy with more implied sex, but no nudity shown.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystudboy24 November 17, 2013

Revolution violent but good message

I think this show is very exciting yet very violent, and lots of language. The show has scenes of violence including, torture, beatings, shootings, and slashing. The show is sexual by the characters showing cleavage and shown underwear. And the language includes a**, b***h, h**l,d**n and bas***d. But ever so often there is stronger words like d**k, or pr**k. But the show over all has a good message which is do not turn back on family. 4/5 stars
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2013

Great!!!!

One of the best action shows ever!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarianor602 September 26, 2013

REVOLUTION

It shows that family is the most important thing and people need to stick togeter some violence so people under 12 should not watch it but really great series
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

Need to watch!

i love the show!
Teen, 16 years old Written byKenny_Jordan January 11, 2013

content

I Think it is a great TV series. Good plot and episodes. As far as it being a family series though, it does have some language in it, although very little sexuality, (about the same as the walking dead but more spread out).
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2013

We All Want To Change The World...

I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic fiction. The more unique, the better. Revolution is no exception. Despite criticisms about some of the characters and plot details, the show still has a gripping story, fun and likable characters, sinister villains, and it all looks great, set against a world that lost power-literally. I want to see more of this universe, and with consistently good ratings and reviews, a season 2 seems all the more likely. When the show returns in March, check it out. It's one apocalyptic adventure you won't soon be forgetting.
Parent Written byLahiru Supun December 12, 2012

Revolution is Best

Wow Awesome TV Series.........Plz Come Back soon Seasons 2 .....
Teen, 13 years old Written bycookiechikki November 17, 2012

Great for teenagers - classic sci-fi with a twist

This show does contain a lot of violence, but nothing that a mature tween couldn't handle. the whole story is really interesting and isn't too far fetched, making the show a conversation starter on future events. But the part I love the most is all the new actors and their potential to star in other movies/ tv shows later on. some of them are really good!
Adult Written bydr dew September 19, 2012

please read close

ok so i loved this show and cant wait for next week it is a great bedtime story FOR TEENS AND TWEENS AND ADULTS ONLY there is how ever alot of blood some violence and some language so i would say think before letting youg kids watch as i sayed earlyer more for older kids and adults but pure fun none the less i think u will love it if u ur self dont have a weak stomack if so u may still want to watch because the blood is not all that bad but its a wonderful family adventure just make sure u have an older family