All member reviews for Rick and Morty

Ribald, drunken animated comedy is too edgy for most teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDr. Zoigberg 97 December 7, 2013

Hilarious

Do not skip over this because I'm a teenager. Out of the entire adult swim line up nothing beats Rick and morty. This show is clever, creative, original and most of all just straight up funny. This show has a wonderfully grim sense of humor. You won't find another show with this type of humor. It was created by the creator of community and influenced by back to the future and British sifi. I encourage you to watch this. That being said this show does include some raunchy material. Violence: cartoon sifi violence honestly no big deal. Language: mild swearing is appearant but not offensive. Sex: basically the only thing parents find unacceptable . Pretty raunchy, innuendo is infrequent but pretty crass. Drinking drugs and smoking: I don't really think it's a big deal. Rick drinks, belches (a lot), slurs his words and so on.
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2013

What the

Give it a chance, I know there is some violence but not graphic, you guys gave South Park iffy 13-17, this iffy 14-17, South Park is 10 times worse than this, fix the review, and ik there was a scene when Rick was rubbing Jessica's t1ts parents would find that innapropriate for their yong ones, swearing is not too bad, drinking Rick can be severely alcoholic
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hyperdroid March 4, 2014

GREAT SHOW!

The review states that it has sexual content (The only thing most parents are uneasy about!), which is true though it isn't often. But believe me, if your child is 12 or older, they aren't alien to this sort of thing. The only thing they'll worry about is you cutting off access to the show because of that. I give this show 5 stars and would put it in the same bin as Futurama. Also, how is this "Iffy for a 17 year old?!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byleafinthewind November 13, 2014

This website is always concerned with sex jokes so let me give you an example of how this show handles the topic. In one episode, Morty's (14) family hears him jerking off, and the dad asks what they should do and the mom says it's normal and to let him experiment, and the whole scene's no big deal. Now that right there's a positive message about sex. It tells the kid that the parents know what he's doing and are ok with it AND reminds the parents that this is normal. This is the right way to address sex in teen media. For those worried about the drinking, Rick the alcoholic genius grandpa pukes, drools, and burps enough to paint alcohol in a negative light. It's a solid show. Written by Dan Harmon, who writes for Community. Your kids will love it and it's clever enough for adults.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byCriscilla December 22, 2013

The Usual Work from 'Adult Swim'

Definitely not for kids, much like most Adult Swim television. With that stated, it is quite funny and I can imagine many teens being interested in this show. However, I wouldn't recommend any teen under 16 years old viewing based on the high level of alcohol use, drug and sexual references that are pretty prevalent in the show. A certain level of maturity is required to watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 December 8, 2013

I'm 15 years old.

But this should be like, +14, and yes, there is some drinking. Also, do you realize that you aged this more than Family Guy and the same as South Park?
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedievoronova November 13, 2014

For smart kids only

Yes, there are indeed drinking and references to sex, but mostly there are original storylines, fantastic jokes, plus discussions on morality and family bonding. It gets dark, but it's the smartest animated show I've seen in while. My daughter and I watch it together.
Educator and Parent of a 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 8, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 16, 17, 17, and 18 year old Written byTheResponsibleParent March 5, 2014

Rick and Morty

Yes, there's the sexuality, but my kid already knows about all of that. As long as your kid doesn't see any full on nudity, or mimic what they see on television (which mine doesn't.) Your child is fine to watch this.
Adult Written byshattoc October 16, 2014

Comedic, sensitive and demanding

Rick and Morty is unlike any other show on Comedy Central's "Adult Swim" late night programming block. While most of the shows are either just reruns of earlier Fox programming or original content that focuses on non-sequitur and unrelenting absurdity, Rick and Morty skillfully blends the absurd with the endearing. While the stories and imagery are driven by the nonsensical situations the eponymous pair get themselves into, Rick and Morty's real appeal only becomes apparent (particularly in the last half of the first season) when the characters peel back their sarcastic and abrasive personae and expose their own weaknesses or grow in relation to one another. Even as the worlds Rick and Morty craft from their crazy adventures spin out of control around them, the situations that result only tighten the relationships of the characters involved. The best part of Rick and Morty, however, is the sense that their actions actually have consequences. Unlike so many other shows on Adult Swim, prior events come into play in later episodes and even become major plot points. When Rick and Morty do something, it effects them, their family and, in some cases, their entire world. Cynical, self-serving actions are not often forgotten and excused forever in the world this show's creators are crafting, which is a welcome change of pace from so many other animated comedies in recent years. That being said, Rick and Morty is still an adult-oriented show and it deals with themes of family, grief, regret and growth in ways that are not necessarily going to be accessible to kids. The growth is usually achieved through horrific circumstances and kids are unlikely to be able to glean these themes as they are usually present subtly through things characters don't say, their expressions or other mechanisms that are less than overt. Rick and Morty is definitely worth checking out. The first season begins with a so-so series of episodes and really gets its footing about halfway through the season. By the time Rick is inventing love potions for his hapless grandson, Roiland and Harmon know who their characters are and are able to exploit their fears, insecurities and weaknesses not just for laughs, but for some truly touching - and sometimes rueful - moments.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatLikesStuff13 May 25, 2015

Rick and Morty is okay!

I'm only 13 but I love to watch Rick and Morty. It has good, funny, and smart humor and is just fun to watch Rick and Morty go on crazy-butt adventures together. All in all its not a bad show for teens, a few innuendos but otherwise it's pretty clean.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2015

Really funny TV show

Although it is TV-14, like family guy, some episodes cross the limit sometimes. There is salty language like s--t, a--hole, ass, hell, crap, and bitch, but there is worse like tw-t, p---y, and f--k mostly used as motherf----r. There is also some nudity like Jessica flashes her breasts and asks Morty to touch them in his imagination. Rick drinks a lot in each episode. I hope season 2 is at least cleaner.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur February 22, 2015

WUBA LUBA DUB DUB lol :-)

Rick and morty is just goofy in every sense of the word lol, every single episode is goofy and hilarious, and the uncut DVD version makes it even better
Kid, 10 years old May 12, 2014

Just give it a chance

Listen. i think this ts a great show and many people do too. While some people think its crass others like it. however children under 14 will have to watch it with a parent due to some scenes being sexual and ricks consant drinking and one time drug use in episode 10. the show is as inapproprate as family guy but some episodes are as lighthearted as classic disney movies. this show is rated TV 14 DLSV with the exeption of rick potion no.9 which is TV 14 DLV.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOpti101 April 26, 2014

Pretty funny. But NOT for kids.

Lots of edgy content. Not for kids. If you are old enough check it out, it's pretty funny.
Adult Written byNorico April 14, 2014

surprisingly good and very creative

Teen, 17 years old Written byVideo game lover April 10, 2014

Review

The show rick and morty is very funny however not the most appropriate. There is some mild and strong innuendo but nothing above what I've heard at some middle schools. There is violence it is bloody but cartoonish. There are some suggested sexual places.
Parent Written byJD124 April 8, 2014

Not sure about the guy who says its fine for 3 year olds but...

It's a great show. I'm a fan, but to be clear: It's just too much of Adult Swim's normal sex/violence/drugs/swearing for it to be okay for my kids. That's just it. When my kids are old/mature enough to handle the VERY mature themes of the show, then they can watch it.