All member reviews for R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour

More thrills and goosebumps for tough-skinned tweens.

Adult Written byTinyToya April 26, 2011

Update: "Really You Doll" Episode Changed My Mind...

Update: There is an episode that has an evil doll who is truly alive. SPOILER: The doll actually gets a LONG butcher knife to KILL the young girl who took her in. The girl hits the doll with a pan and shouts: DIE! Then some creepy doll children sing a song and so on... That changed my rating from 12 to (a mature) 13 years old. A little scary for kids. I can only imagine what kind of nightmares an eight year old might have about an old lady who returns ominously from the dead or a story about kids venturing through insane asylums. My family (all adults) watches it together for a decent and appropriate scare and we always say: This is not for kids. This is not for kids. lol 13+ I think.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2011

Scary

friggon scary but cool
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2011

TOO SCARY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

I have only watched one episode so far, and it's "Really You". Im ten, so i don't know if its appropiate for me. The episode that I watched was kind of disturbing. A spoiled girl gets a doll. It gets jealous of her owner and turns herself into a girl and the girl into a doll. Too realistic. That's all i have to say. Smartypants out.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycarter0617 October 30, 2010

perfect for people how want a little scare

i think it might be frighting for kids under 8 i watch it with my 8 year old neas and he got real scared
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

The Haunting Hour Review

Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2011

Freaky fun

Parents leed to know there is a variety of freaky factor on this show. Some episodes suck so much I want to turn the tv off, while others make me want to punch the tv so the commercials stop. I wad really dissapointed with the episode “ Pool Shark" bencause I expected more of jaws and found it less fun than Dora the explorer. Anyway, I'm more of a toughie on the topic, so I don't really think I should argue that much. But 10+ is more than ok.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhitehorse13 October 6, 2011

Scary for teens too

I love scary stories but I don't think I could handle PG-13 or R rated horror movies so this is a good balance between not scary and kind of scary. I'm 13 and I still get scared by this sometimes. There are many scary images and scenes that parents should be aware of. If your kid wants to try scary movies, let them watch this first. They are like miny mildly scary movies. Although, before letting them watch it, make sure they can handle scary elements such as living doll, girls without faces, aliens, etc.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybelieber_4ever October 31, 2011

take it off

evil -_- just plain and simple psh not for kids? NOT FOR ANYONE lol
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 August 1, 2011

Good show, but not for too young of kids

It's a good show that has interesting plots for episodes. It's a bit scary for young kids, but good for most kids 8+ Violence: Mild violence and creepy scenes
Kid, 9 years old December 27, 2010

I like it, but it can get kinda confusing.

I love the series, but in the newest episode, I couldn't follow the plot. So, the monster that was in the present was made by Santa? Why would he do that? Why is Santa driving a CAR?
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 29, 2010

It's fine. It's not scary.
Parent Written bylolboy55 October 24, 2014

tooo scary for adults!!!!!!!

my 2 year old was laughing becaude it wasnt even scry 4 her but my 33 year old child peed in is pants on my sofa while watching. leaving me to clean up his mess. CAUTION put paper on the sofa if an adult is going to watch the haunting hour.
Kid, 10 years old October 23, 2011

Good series but scary

Parents need to know that this television show is not for younger viewers.The Haunting Hour is on the part when you watch PG-13 horror movies.The Haunting Hour is more intense and scary then R.L. Stine's Goosebumps.I like this series it is good,spooky,and fantastic.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2011

Perfect!

Finally a show for tweens that isn't well..... dumb! I have no idea why this doesn't have five stars! I mean the stuff for my age group like Disney and Nick is funny sometimes but gets really old a corny! However R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour isn't cheesy at all! I love it but when I showed it to some of my classmates they were kind of scared. So I guess it depends on the kid and I'm definitely one of them! Five stars! 10 and above only though to! One more thing guys sure this is something new but something in this media needs to change! And it's fantasy make sure your kids know that! Besides the acting is really cheesy so it's not realistic or too scary!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkippySounds12 December 21, 2011

Off the Pill: R.L. Stine's the Haunting Hour

this show is really good! its better than goosebumps, which was just really cheesy and weird. positive messages: the kids work hard to defeat whatever is scaring them, and they occasionally team up with other characters to defeat them. violence: not really an issue, although i guess scary stuff could technically be an issue. in one recent episode, "dreamcatcher," the bogeyman is FREAKY. the face of a clown with the body of a spider and ghost. O_o some other elements in the show are scary, for example, a doll that comes to life and tries to get rid of its little girl owner. sexuality: not really a concern either, although some girl characters wear skimpy outfits. in "creature feature," when a girl character is lying down on a laboratory stretcher, you can see cleavage. again, in "dreamcatcher," there is a really quick zoomed up glimpse down a girl's shirt (no nudity). other than that it's a great show and great family time. my dad likes the show too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatnissRide1312 November 17, 2011

BOO!

Great show! I enjoy watching it with my nine and ten year old siblings. Some may be scarier then others, some aren't the least bit scary,but some can be. It doesn't cuss or anything like that. So, yeah over all great great show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHTFMime April 30, 2011

More scarier than "Goosebumps"

This show is awesome but its more more scarier than "Goosebumps". On the show "Goosebumps" its not really that scary I would recommend it for kids 8 and up but R.L stine's the haunting hour I think you should be 10 to watch it because its even more scarier than the other one. But anyway I really like this show, I never miss it.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bysihoo June 11, 2014

Haunting hour

I just finished watching an episode with my 10 year old who does not scare easily. He told me it was the worst 22 minutes of his life! Might be OK in a few years.
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2011

DON'T LET YOUR KIDS WATCH IT ALONE

This show is scary! This show is right, don't let your kids watch it alone! See the episode Dreamcatcher and you will know what I mean. I sometimes get scared of this show even though I absolutely love scary things.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

Didn't give me a scare.

I think that if your not a wuss you can survive a episode. The freakiest thing for me is the end theme.