All member reviews for R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour

More thrills and goosebumps for tough-skinned tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 December 31, 2013

It's worth the time to watch all of the episodes

This show is a very good scary show for tweens or anyone who would be too scared of The American Horror Story or Doctor Who. They say Oh My God but that isn't swearing. All of the episodes are suspenseful and pretty scary for 9 year olds and younger but 9 year olds can handle it. I'm 13 and I can watch it after midnight in my room with no lights on. So this is a lot better than Goosebumps. So give it a chance.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2012

Cool and Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think it cool. I'm only ten and i love it. I strongly reccomend any kid under they age of 8 should wait a while.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2012

The scares

I'm 11 and this show is a really good show.It doesn't really scare me.I'll get some goosebumps here and there, but the show doesn't really scare me.Though if your child is easily scared this show is not for them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBriettaPolly April 21, 2015

3 words: I. Love. It.

This series is great. Some of the episodes are just made up out of the blue, while some are similar to classic horror films such as Nightmare On Elm Street, The Picture of Dorian Gray, etc.. But don't worry, all of them are kid-friendly ;) (other than the violence). There is no gore whatsoever. Some episodes are more scary than the rest. Some of the scary ones are: Dreamcatcher, Headshot, Lovercraft's Woods, Really You, The Return of Lily D., Pumpkinhead, Return of the Pumpkinheads, The Girl in the Painting, Near Mint Condition, etc.. The episodes that are "scary" aren't that scary, they're just scary in accordance with the other episodes. It depends how young your kid is. This series teaches life lessons. For example,the episode A Creature Was Stirring teaches you that you should appreciate your family because a disaster can happen at any moment and to be careful what you wish for. I highly recommend this series to everyone that likes scary stuff that isn't too scary. (Also, this series has been discontinued but you can find tons of free older episodes if you go on youtube and search in: "thh". Thh stands for the haunting hour. Once you search that in, tons of episodes will appear from the youtuber: "Spooky Scary Shows!". You're welcome. ;D)
Adult Written byNicole101 April 8, 2015

scary

I'm 15 n I got scared of the doll episode... tells you something lol
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written bytiffanym1 February 17, 2015

GREAT SHOW!!!!

Bo my kids love this show.
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2014

Pretty Good.....Wait....Good Again

This thriller show that is rated PG is kind of scary. I think that sometimes parents don't understand these things, because it is for only SOME kids. I watched the first episode, and I got addicted. I then watched Scary Mary with my friend, and she freaked. It really depends on your child's level of maturity. I think that it is not for everyone, and children under 8 should not watch it no matter what. If you buy it on the iTunes store, it says "We suggest watching together as a family" and I think that is a very wise statement. Even though I watch it alone (it doesn't scare me), again, it is not for everybody. Hope that helped!
Parent Written bychuggaconroyj November 22, 2014

Bad Endings

The show is good but usually never has a good ending like for example in the episode Argh V The entire family dies in a car crash and in Wrong number a girl is trapped inside a cellphone and is quickly deleted from existence meaning she is dead and there's tons more bad endings that i don't have time to describe but i have one thing to say this show will leave you in tears.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjonny8887 November 2, 2014

amazing

some episode are really good but some are bad like i hated pool shark it wasnt scary
Parent Written bylolboy55 October 24, 2014

tooo scary for adults!!!!!!!

my 2 year old was laughing becaude it wasnt even scry 4 her but my 33 year old child peed in is pants on my sofa while watching. leaving me to clean up his mess. CAUTION put paper on the sofa if an adult is going to watch the haunting hour.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bysihoo June 11, 2014

Haunting hour

I just finished watching an episode with my 10 year old who does not scare easily. He told me it was the worst 22 minutes of his life! Might be OK in a few years.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPikoshell May 10, 2014

It's good, but really freaky.

Okay, so our family watches the original goosebumps series a lot. It's kinda freaky, but the horrible acting makes it a bit humorous as well. With the actors being not so great at making it scary, and the plot being a bit jumbled, and the special effects being horrible, it's bearable for kids ages eight and under. But this new Goosebumps series is over the top. It's got amazing actors, and great plot build-up and follow-through, even the special effects of the monsters and puppets are really good! All of these things put together make it a 10 and up show. It's probably best if tweens watch it. The music is intense, and the acting is good, making it even more freaky. Personally, I think that young children should stick to the original Goosebumps. It's better for younger kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCandyGarcia February 11, 2014

The Best!!!!!!

this is a great show you would think of other movies to be too scary for kids but this is something they really will enjoy like i do there is not a scary movie i wouldnt dare to see it is so awesome and there is no adultery in these like in real movies like insidious carrie and so on it is logical that this is appropiate for every kid over 7
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2014

A great goosebumps-like show

Though this is RL Stine, it is much scarier and more violent than goose bumps or any other kids horror, plus there is some rudeness, but only 1-2 cusses in the whole series. Episodes to watch out for: Dreamcatcher (just scary stuff), sick (possibly), All lilly D episodes (really you part 1 and 2, the return of lilly d), flight (very sad episode), Wrong number(scariness and language), pumkins (most of it is creepy, the main characters get turned into monsters) thats pretty much all.
Adult Written byreviewer person January 29, 2014

The Haunting Hour Review

Kid, 8 years old September 2, 2013

Scary but awesome

I have 49 recorded I have seen really you dream catcher the red dress scary Mary part 1 and 2 Dreamcatcher scared me And when I was sleeping I thought I would wake up in the mirror in my room I saw the Cupid one the one about the boy getting a pet zombie nightmare inn Grampires part 1 and 2 A one about a girl getting a painting Perfect brother my sister the witch which was Only scary when rattlesnakes came out of the cabinet scarecrow the return of Lilly D and so on
Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2013

Impressive show.

Well I think that The Haunted Hour may be a little scary for kids 7 & under.Because like this one time, there was a episode where there's clowns who look evil.ALSO, there is a Christmas special with a Gremlin-bat thing that burned down a house!!! So, I suggest that NO kids 7 and under can watch this if you want kids coming in your room at night.
Kid, 9 years old April 1, 2013

REALY SCARY FOR KIDS UNDER 10!

ok, i was whaching a episode of R.L stines the Haunting Hour. i whached really you on youtube and the two kids put up a secret camerain there mom and dads room and there was a doll who was alive, and in the camera they got her moveing, put heres the scary part.... she gets out of the way were the camera is and pop! she scared the liveing hell out of me! i screamed,in terrer!and pause it and went to another section in the episode.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2012

A different kind of scary

R.L. Stine's: The Haunting Hour is different than any other t.v. show I've ever watched. There are 2 different types of scary: Scary scary, and freaky scary: and this is more freaky scary. I've watched Really You Doll, Scarecrow, Dreamcatcher, and Don't Think About It. All the episodes are different, but very alike in the same way. Sometimes, I will turn away because I am just too freaked. But other times, I'll be at the edge of my seat like, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT? I say that 10+ is a good start, unless you like scary stuff. I think it's mainly the actors. They do look REALLY scared, you feel like you're there. If you kinda wanna watch it, but too freaked to do it by yourself, than just watch it with your brother or sister, or even your entire family. Personally, I like it 80% of the time but 20% I'm just too freaked. 4 stars.
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2012

scary!

a great scare......but still really, really scary!!!