All member reviews for R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour

More thrills and goosebumps for tough-skinned tweens.

Parent Written bychuggaconroyj November 22, 2014

Bad Endings

The show is good but usually never has a good ending like for example in the episode Argh V The entire family dies in a car crash and in Wrong number a girl is trapped inside a cellphone and is quickly deleted from existence meaning she is dead and there's tons more bad endings that i don't have time to describe but i have one thing to say this show will leave you in tears.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bysihoo June 11, 2014

Haunting hour

I just finished watching an episode with my 10 year old who does not scare easily. He told me it was the worst 22 minutes of his life! Might be OK in a few years.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCandyGarcia February 11, 2014

The Best!!!!!!

this is a great show you would think of other movies to be too scary for kids but this is something they really will enjoy like i do there is not a scary movie i wouldnt dare to see it is so awesome and there is no adultery in these like in real movies like insidious carrie and so on it is logical that this is appropiate for every kid over 7
Kid, 9 years old March 28, 2011

Very good drama series too scary for youngest viewers.

R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour is a drama series with a style similar to Goosebumps,but for some people, they can just see their new drama favorite.This show is very good, what i'm scared about the Hub is that they're probably gonna do original programming, but so far the originals are good, and this show I like better than Goosebumps.Sex:No.Violence:Yes.Scariness:Yes.Intense scariness includes a hand sliced off (used as cake, though, no blood), faces taken off (used as masks, again no blood) and dead bodies and freaky dolls popping up on screen.The first thing that tells you about the scariness is the warning.The warning says:''The Following progam has been rated TV-PG.Some scenes may be too scary for children under 7.We suggest watching together as a family''.It's sort of creepy really.I'm not saying it's bad, just too scary for the little ones.But anyways, a very good series, check it out if you ever can, on the internet or on TV.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLNC March 28, 2011

Great for older tweens and younger teenagers

I watched the first episode and absolutely loved it. It isn't as scary as horror or suspense movies but I love slightly creepy things so it was perfect. I'm 17 though and I know it is not something my 10 and 11 year-old brothers could watch without being scared. I think it is better for older mature tweens or teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPikoshell May 10, 2014

It's good, but really freaky.

Okay, so our family watches the original goosebumps series a lot. It's kinda freaky, but the horrible acting makes it a bit humorous as well. With the actors being not so great at making it scary, and the plot being a bit jumbled, and the special effects being horrible, it's bearable for kids ages eight and under. But this new Goosebumps series is over the top. It's got amazing actors, and great plot build-up and follow-through, even the special effects of the monsters and puppets are really good! All of these things put together make it a 10 and up show. It's probably best if tweens watch it. The music is intense, and the acting is good, making it even more freaky. Personally, I think that young children should stick to the original Goosebumps. It's better for younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycassie4ever7777 November 19, 2011

weird

this show is really weird and creepy. might be to scary for some kids under 11
Educator and Parent of a 10, 12, 16, and 18 year old Written byginhouse June 12, 2015

If you like Stephen King...

R.L. Stein is described as the Stephen King for youth. Ive seen Goosebumps, no biggie. This evening however, I watching the Haunting Hour with my almost 13 yr old daughter, 16 yr old daughter, and 9 yr old daughter. My 13yo had seen it at her g-mas earlier that day. I am not a happy camper. Teens were being chased through an abandoned mental hospital by a dead dr who used patients that broke curfew as operating experiments. And there was nothing resolved in the end, no relief from the spook. It ends with another group about to endeavor into their own ghost hunt. Even my 16yo, said,"Nope, not sleeping tonight!"
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written bytiffanym1 February 17, 2015

GREAT SHOW!!!!

Bo my kids love this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDuckCommander13 December 31, 2013

It's worth the time to watch all of the episodes

This show is a very good scary show for tweens or anyone who would be too scared of The American Horror Story or Doctor Who. They say Oh My God but that isn't swearing. All of the episodes are suspenseful and pretty scary for 9 year olds and younger but 9 year olds can handle it. I'm 13 and I can watch it after midnight in my room with no lights on. So this is a lot better than Goosebumps. So give it a chance.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2012

Cool and Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think it cool. I'm only ten and i love it. I strongly reccomend any kid under they age of 8 should wait a while.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2012

The scares

I'm 11 and this show is a really good show.It doesn't really scare me.I'll get some goosebumps here and there, but the show doesn't really scare me.Though if your child is easily scared this show is not for them.
Adult Written byemilyc5 November 7, 2015

Scary for eaisily scared kids

this really creeped me out.... I was at a friend's house and her friend demanded we watched it, so we did. it scared the crud out of me.
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2015

Really scary! please read!

This show is really scary don't say i'm a fraidy cat but once I watched part two of episode 1 I was screaming bloody murder there was a life sized doll girl who kept causing trouble to make it look like a plain old girl did it the girls older brother was trying to prove that the doll couldn't do it , so he set up a camera in front of the doll and slept with her in his bed with the camera looking at them when he was finally asleep she tilted up, got out of bed and was gone for a while a few seconds later she was on the camera and did a five nights at Freddy's jumpscare that made me and my brother crying to are mom and dad to shut this crap off. Why R.L Stine, Why?
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiger13 May 22, 2015

RLS HH

Show is ok but the people saying ok for 7 year olds is, well.... CRAP!!!! Some episodes are not ok for kids and episode dream catcher is SCARY AS GJMY!KU!Y!!@#@!#!@
Teen, 13 years old Written byBriettaPolly April 21, 2015

3 words: I. Love. It.

This series is great. Some of the episodes are just made up out of the blue, while some are similar to classic horror films such as Nightmare On Elm Street, The Picture of Dorian Gray, etc.. But don't worry, all of them are kid-friendly ;) (other than the violence). There is no gore whatsoever. Some episodes are more scary than the rest. Some of the scary ones are: Dreamcatcher, Headshot, Lovercraft's Woods, Really You, The Return of Lily D., Pumpkinhead, Return of the Pumpkinheads, The Girl in the Painting, Near Mint Condition, etc.. The episodes that are "scary" aren't that scary, they're just scary in accordance with the other episodes. It depends how young your kid is. This series teaches life lessons. For example,the episode A Creature Was Stirring teaches you that you should appreciate your family because a disaster can happen at any moment and to be careful what you wish for. I highly recommend this series to everyone that likes scary stuff that isn't too scary. (Also, this series has been discontinued but you can find tons of free older episodes if you go on youtube and search in: "thh". Thh stands for the haunting hour. Once you search that in, tons of episodes will appear from the youtuber: "Spooky Scary Shows!". You're welcome. ;D)
Adult Written byNicole101 April 8, 2015

scary

I'm 15 n I got scared of the doll episode... tells you something lol
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2014

Pretty Good.....Wait....Good Again

This thriller show that is rated PG is kind of scary. I think that sometimes parents don't understand these things, because it is for only SOME kids. I watched the first episode, and I got addicted. I then watched Scary Mary with my friend, and she freaked. It really depends on your child's level of maturity. I think that it is not for everyone, and children under 8 should not watch it no matter what. If you buy it on the iTunes store, it says "We suggest watching together as a family" and I think that is a very wise statement. Even though I watch it alone (it doesn't scare me), again, it is not for everybody. Hope that helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjonny8887 November 2, 2014

amazing

some episode are really good but some are bad like i hated pool shark it wasnt scary
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2014

A great goosebumps-like show

Though this is RL Stine, it is much scarier and more violent than goose bumps or any other kids horror, plus there is some rudeness, but only 1-2 cusses in the whole series. Episodes to watch out for: Dreamcatcher (just scary stuff), sick (possibly), All lilly D episodes (really you part 1 and 2, the return of lilly d), flight (very sad episode), Wrong number(scariness and language), pumkins (most of it is creepy, the main characters get turned into monsters) thats pretty much all.