All member reviews for RuPaul's Drag Race

Drag queen contest is campy and carries a message.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymaggiesanch November 29, 2014

Simply Beautiful.

Drag Race is an inspirational spin on competition reality shows. Shows like 'America's Next Top Model' are not particularly great influences on young girls, seeing as they're purely beauty competitions. RuPaul only gives the queens four guidelines: charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent. I feel that kids of 11 or 12 won't really get the sex humor, it'll probably fly over their heads. The series contains heart-to-hearts between the queens and Ru, and overall the show contains a lot of feel-good moments. Even though it's a competition, each contestant is made to feel like a winner. The camp and humor is awesome, the fashion is great, and the queens are unbelievable. I started watching this show when I was twelve, and it opened my eyes to individuality and inner beauty. Basically, this is the best show ever. And you should watch it.
Parent Written bymatthager July 20, 2012

What kind of rating system is used here?!

How could this show not get a full rating for positive role models?! What demographic better teaches the rest of us how to love ourselves and accept others more than the drag community? Am I missing something???? And no, there is NO sex on this show. ever.
Parent Written byjhalisha April 29, 2012

No Kids Allowed!

Really people. Enjoy it by yourself, but this is definitely not for your kids. Maybe a few of your high school age kids might appreciate it, but not for middle school or younger at all! Its a fun show for adults however.
Teen, 15 years old Written byartpop_kween May 24, 2015

Amazing show, but not for everyone

GUYS! RuPaul is amazing and this show inspires me to be myself, but there is a lot of iffy content. Swears are bleeped (I don't think swearing is the big problem though). The guys/girls are rude to each other, but there are moments where there truly is a connect between racers. THIS SHOW IS AMAZING~!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbsoluteHarlequin August 11, 2012

Confidence is Key.

Honestly, I am a VERY big fan of nearly anything involving the L.G.B.T.Q. community, but I believe that this television show is genuinely all right. The the humor may seem a bit racy for smaller children, but it's all implied, and most likely will pass right over their heads. The show features the contestants having an occasional cocktail but, all being of age, I don't believe it would pose a very suggestive message. While the show doesn't particularly have a very strong message of life lessons, but does promote self confidence and tolerance towards L.G.B.T.Q. individuals.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhamstergurl09 February 17, 2012

Entertaining

I like drag queens a lot. While I'm not the biggest fan of RuPaul's drag act, I find his TV show to be quite entertaining. If you like drag queens or gay media, Drag Race is worth checking out.
Adult Written bylllllllllllllff... June 18, 2010

i watched the show and might watch it again
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnimeGirl-Nikki April 11, 2010

It's a pretty awesome show :)

This show is basically 'America's Next Top Model' with a drag queen twist. The cattiness, hijinks and fashion aspect of the show makes it entertaining, while the fact that the show is centered around drag queens (men (usually gay) who dress up like women to entertain) teaches acceptance of different people and being yourself. I think that you should be at least 12 to watch this, because there is quite a bit of profanity (most of it bleeped out) and sexual innuendo (but nudity is blurred), but the overall message of the show never gets lost.