All member reviews for Sailor Moon

Teen, 17 years old Written byCornholita July 21, 2012

OH EM GEEZ! I LOVE SAILOR MOON!!

Sailor Moon was my favorite show when I was a kid. I used to watch it when I was 5. To give you an idea, Sailor Moon is like Cutie Honey, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Power Rangers, Barbie and Disney Princess all rolled into one. The edited English dub I would say possably 5 or 6, the uncencored dub and sub I would probably say 10 and up, but I averaged it in the revue to maybe 7 in all. Although I do watch the dub for nostalgic reasons, if you want the whole story, watch the uncensored dub and sub and read the newly reprinted manga. I showed my little 11 year old sis the manga and the anime and she loves it. There is some violence and scary monsters. Some flirting and dating, and in the uncensored media Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are indeed lesbian lovers, but the censored dub disguised the relationship as cousins. The transformation sequences does imply that they are naked, but nothing is showing, more somewhat silloetted sans eyes and facial features. Nothing dirty or anything like that is what I'm trying to say. To make a long story short, if you love magical girl anime, definatly check out Sailor Moon.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylunacat May 26, 2012

Cool!

Awesome! The Sailor Moon series is cool. It has been edited waaaaayyyy too much though. If you want to see what sailor moon really is, watch the original japanese version with subtitles or read the manga (comic books) written by the original creator. The original sailor moon series and the books are good for kids ages 11 and up. Anyway, about the english one. Sailor Moon is very fun to watch and it has a great plot. I like how every character is important and has their own unique story that helps create the big ending.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2013

Dubbed version is better for kids under 12!

I really enjoy this anime!There are 2 versions of Sailor Moon: Dubbed (English version), and Subbed(English Subtitles). If you are over 12 years old, and can handle flashing lights (Lots), Bad Words, and some Nudity, then go ahead and watch the PG-13/Subbed version. If you cannot handle that stuff, or you're under 12 or have children under 12, watch the dubbed/PG version, it has less flashing lights, and no curse words. There is going to be a NEW Sailor Moon anime this summer, but I don't know if it will be safe for kids yet!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySANDVICHHeavy January 31, 2013

My fav anime! :D

Sailor Moon is one of the best anime about there. Sailor Moon is about a 14-year old girl,Usagi (Serena in the english dub),Who finds out she is "Sailor Moon" by a talking cat with a Cresent moon on her head called,"Luna". Serena and the other Sailor Scouts (named after planets) have to protect the world from the Negaverse, that wants to take the energy from all humans and take over the world. Sailor Moon is a very good anime,one of the best in my opinion. But,there's somethings that I think aren't really appropriate for some kids. There's alot of fighting,and alot of enimies from the Negaverse die, So do some Sailor Scouts,but they get reborn. In the original Japanese anime, Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus are lesbians,they were changed to cousins. Sailor Moon is getting a re-release for it's 20th anniversary this year in Summer. If you never watched Sailor moon or plan on doing it,then I recomend it. Sailor Moon is really good. :3
Teen, 13 years old Written byToonamiFan13 July 5, 2013

Sailor Moon: Subbed and Dubbed

Depending if you watch Sailor Moon subbed or dubbed, there may be some iffy content in the show. The subbed version features mild nudity, a little blood, and while the characters don't swear a whole lot, there is the occasional 'oh my god' or 'oh crap'. There are two characters who are lesbian in the subbed version (cousins in the dubbed version). The dubbed version (by DiC Entertainment) is more tame than the subbed version by eliminating the nudity and language. So the subbed version is for pre-teens 12+ while the dubbed version is for kids 7+.
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2012

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL

sailor moon is soooooooooooooooo good i am in love with it. i love the art and plot is great.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysky9a9 January 8, 2015

Girly and Magic for younger tweens

Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2015

My review of Sailor Moon

The show is very tween-friendly! I would rate it TV-PG for many thematic stuff. Many people hate the DiC dub, because of the censorship. (That's odd, the show is shown on kid channels.) DiC wanted to make Sailor Moon more family-friendly, so they censored and changed some script (They still fallowed the story) as well as doing SOME un-nesicary censorship (Such as getting rid of sweat drops, devil horns,etc) They also did something awesome! They changed the original Zoisite from a male to a female. (They didn't want kids knowing about gays. Zoisite was a boy friend and student to Kunzite!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byKi-RBT July 23, 2014

This anime is fun and goofy, with only a touch of light violence in each episode. The bad guys' plots are generally non-violent and the only moments that could be a problem are the few moments when the monsters are in their true forms. The depictions could be frightening to younger children.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2014

A great anime for kids

Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvMusic12 June 29, 2014

I personally have always enjoyed Sailor Moon. I have watched the anime and read the manga. The anime itself is great. There is no cursing, sex, or nudity. There is also violence but it's not graphic or bloody. In fact, there is no blood at all. I think that Sailor Moon is a safe anime for younger kids and even older fans.
Teen, 15 years old Written byleahcar June 7, 2014

Original version = 13+, dub = 7+

While not the first, Sailor Moon is probably the most famous magical girl anime, and the one that popularised the genre. I really like this anime because, while full of action, it's also full of emotion and love story. I have rated Sailor Moon 10+ because it's the middle age between the dub age rating and the original age rating I'd give. It's important for parents to know that the Sailor Moon manga and original Japanese version of the anime have content that parents may not want their children to see and was cut out in the dub. For example, violence, sex/nudity and death is significantly toned down. Additionally, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are cousins in the DiC dub, but lesbian lovers in the original. I watched the original version with subtitles because I don't like the dub voices and changes. The manga is a recommendation from me as well as it contains things neither anime version has, and vice versa.
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2014

Sailor moon is awesome

Typical magical girl anime. Has great role models. I started watching this when I was 11. My mum didn't allow me to see the gay content when I didn't know about gays, so I watched it in English which censored out any references to homosexuality. Now, at 12 I decided to watch the series in the original Japanese. Boy, it was better than the English version! The main character, Usagi Tsukino, nicknamed Usagi-chan or Usako by her boyfriend, is a cheerful girl and a great role model for kids. She may not study hard, but she is still great in other ways. Ami is always reading and studying and achieves great grades, a stereotypical Asian kid. But she has a sweet, gentle side to her. Raye is a very religious girl with a very bad temper. Minako is a girl who loves singing and wants to be a pop star. She is crazy when it comes to romance, desperate to find a boyfriend! Mako is a physically strong girl who gets bad grades but is great at karate and is black belt!
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2014

Stupid, Lazy, Ridiculous, Overrated, Repetitive, and Creepily sexaulized considering Japanese sex laws, but somehow entertaining.

I'm a guy and I don't know why I watch it, but I do. It is not my hormones talking. It is somehow entertaining.
Kid, 10 years old October 9, 2013

Luv it!!!1!

Sailor Moon is awesum! the eng.dub is for 6+ but the uncut Japan one is for 13 + but if ur kid can handle violence,nudity,and short skirts your kid will be fine.
Kid, 8 years old August 25, 2013

sailor moon

love the books love the show
Teen, 13 years old Written bychibiakari July 3, 2013

She is the one named... Sailor Moon!

Sailor Moon is a classic cherished by many anime fans over the years. It has action, love, and an interesting story line. However, the violence in some episodes (especially the finale) can be a little intense. That is cut out in The dub. At times, there can be a lot of filler but it was a Saturday morning cartoon. Their skirts are short, but it also carried along in the manga. DiC managed a memorable cast of voice actors/actresses. Over all, very good. :)
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

It depends on which version your child wants to watch.

Sailor Moon is a great series, though I prefer the subbed version. The English dubbed was made for younger kids while the subtitled one was rated PG-13 due to language, same gender romance (mainly Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus), and cross-dressing. Here is mainly what the story is about, Usagi Tsukino (Serena Tsukino in the dub) was a lazy, clumsy, 14 year old cry-baby until she rescued a purple cat with a yellow cresent mark on her fore-head, named Luna. Luna, spied on Usagi for a while and finally, sure she was the one, confronted Usagi, showing her how to transform into one of the Sailor Senshi (Sailor Scouts in the dub), Sailor Moon, and eventually finding the others of Sailor Senshi. Characters: Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino/Serena Tsukino, Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno/Amy Mizuno, Sailor Mars/Rei Hino/Raye Hino, Sailor Jupiter/Makato Kino/Lita Kino, Sailor Venus/Minako Aino/Mina Aino, Sailor Chibi Moon/Sailor Mini Moon/Chibiusa/Rini (her last name is not given, but she is Tuxedo Mask's and Sailor Moon's daughter who travels through time to help the Sailor Senshi), Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba/Darien Sheilds (Usagi's boyfriend/husband) Luna (dark purple cat), Artemis (Minako/Mina's white cat. Fun fact: all though Artemis is the name of a a greek godess, Artemis is a male cat), Diana (light purple kitten of Artemis and Luna from the future), Luna P. (Chibiusa/Rini's robot ball thing which is an impression of Luna), Sailor Uranus/Haruka Tenoh/Amara Tenoh, Sailor Neptune/Michiru Kaioh/Michelle Kaioh (Fun fact: In the subbed and manga, Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus are in love, but, in the dub, they are VERY close cousins), Sailor Saturn/Hotaru Tomoe, Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meioh/Trista Meioh. Hope this helped you decide! ^_^
Kid, 12 years old February 18, 2013

Sailor Moon

Sailor Moon is a classical magical girl Manga and than adapted into an Anime. The American Dub is improved from the Japanese Dub. The Japanese Dub later on in the series may have contained some more complex plotlines that teenagers could understand. Sailor Moon contains vivid transformations, lively characters and interesting plot lines, some kids may not like Sailor Moon battling monsters.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymimitchi33 January 7, 2013

Awesome magical girl series!

I used to like this show in elementary school. A classic magical girl series that should be watched by all girls age 6 and up.