All member reviews for Sam & Cat

Mediocre spin-off recycles characters, needs reality check.

Parent Written byanthony90210 June 9, 2013

Parents Should Know to Watch a Dan Schneider Show Just to Be Safe.

Lets face it, most of the people who will comment are fans of the show, but in my view, I'm still on and off on this show, there are a lot of inappropriate events that happen, especially when Sam puts a Baby in Bushes (which could be allergic) and the part when the Grandmother puts Sam and Cat inside a sofa bed (which could suffocate someone) and also the part when they were helping revive a man by jumping and sitting on the man. I wouldn't say that the show is funny at least not as funny as icarly or victorious, but parents should know already, if it is a Dan Schneider show, YOU BETTER WATCH IT YOURSELF JUST IN CASE.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeensOpinion17 June 10, 2013

I watched and got bored within the first 12-15 minutes.

I just watched some of Sam & Cat online just now and I got bored within the first fifteen minutes. I sat there with a straight face throughout..Nothing in the show made me laugh but if I were to watch Victorious or iCarly it would be different.
Parent Written byMrCrocodile June 9, 2013

Moving Past the Fame Concept

Sam & Cat starts off really well! It begins with Sam (I assume after high school since the series finale of iCarly actually takes place most likely in May or June and Carly was revealed to be too old for a father-daughter dance by the next year, which is usually 18) who is driving across the country on her motorcycle, with no where else to be now that Carly's gone. Once she meets Cat and they have to take over the responsibility of babysitting kids that was previously done by Cat's grandmother, she finds a reason to settle somewhere. Note that this is a show created by Dan Schneider, so quit looking for fictional role models! If you understand his humor or why he adds in things if you read the fun facts for some of his shows on his blogs, you'll be able to understand and hopefully enjoy this show. Take the show like this: we all know Sam isn't that good with kids as she never really got along with them, and although Cat is just about Sam's age, she's still like a little kid herself. I feel that can make their time with kids so crazy and part of why the show will be fun. To top it all off, as you see in the first episode, the kids give Cat's Nona a hard time and by the end of the episode, the kids and Sam and Cat are able to have a overall good day with each other that pleases their parents. Sam living with Cat and taking care of little kids can bring out a softer side of her which I think is evident in the first episode - but more on that in a bit. Cat could have more of a tougher skin living with Sam as she probably would if it were Jade from Victorious. It was nice to see that good side of Sam almost after the show starts. Saving Cat and giving Cat all the money they earned from babysitting at the end of the day. Cat, being already sweet, whether or not you've been irritated by her voice, sleeping with Sam on the couch for the night was also a good scene as we are told what made Sam not stay in Seattle anymore. With their connection already in check, I can tell we can see more of that as time goes on which is what makes the show good: Sam & Cat's connection. It's sweet in its own way the way Sam & Carly were in iCarly. What else makes the show good are the other main characters, Dice and Nona, played by Cameron Ocasio and Maree Cheatham. Especially Nona, who already fits in as the sweet grandmother of Cat's we heard about in Victorious. There's going to be a ton of crazy stories during this show's run and I'm prepared for it. For me, this show will either show in a funny way, why you should or shouldn't leave your kids with Sam & Cat. Still, it's best to look at the show in this perspective, of all the things that's been mentioned and enjoy the show. It had a good opening, one of the best pilots I've seen for a show from Schneider's Bakery and it was funny and sweet (the least I can say without already going deep into the show).
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

Best show ever

I seen it on nick Canada tonight it was the best new nick show ever it's really funny and the plot line is really good and I'm a huge fan of Ariana gran she's like so funny I can't wait for the second episode :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames_ June 15, 2013

This is what a kid show should be.

It is about two girls, Sam and Cat, who end up as room mates and use babysitting as their source of income. This show is what a kid show should be. It's kid friendly and it uses the most popular characters from iCarly and Victorious so it's bound to be a successful series.
Written byAnonymous June 23, 2013

Surprisingly Entertaining

I was... pleasantly surprised. I absolutely LOVE the normal setting. They're not fame hungry, hormone crazed teens. They don't make a new fricking song every episode. They're just two young ladies getting by in a house by themselves. Thank you, Nickelodeon! Thank you!
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

Missing parental guidance

Hilarious but far-fetched.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

Good show

This show is funny! I love icarly and hoped this show was good too because it was a spin-off of icarly and victorious. Btw, great show!
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2013

iCarly and Victorious 2.0

It's just fine! Like iCarly and Victorious generated to 2.0!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinedude78910 July 26, 2013

Funny show with odd couple dynamic has some good role models and positive messages, but no consumerism, and better than shows like Hannah Montana, because it isn't centered around music.

What families really need to know is that the show teaches that you can accomplish as much as you feel like doing. Sam and Cat seem to be around 16, yet they live alone and babysit kids. While Sam is not a great role model, Cat is fun and happy. I don't agree with the violence. There isn't much, but the reports about "consumerism" are so stupid. Ignore that. The brands in the show are mostly fake. Sam and Cat appeals to a younger audience then iCarly or Victorious, and is OFF for 3 and younger, but PAUSE for 4. It is better than shows like Hannah Montana, as it isn't centered around terrible music or musical "talent".
Adult Written byTinyToya July 11, 2013

Cat's voice drives me up a wall...

Okay, this show overall is a huge disappointment. Sam (Jennette McCurdy) can pull her own weight as a main character but Cat (Ariana Grande) really can't. Cat's ignorance and childlike behavior needs to be grounded by more responsible characters which Sam certainly isn't (Sam needed Carly and Cat needed Tori, Beck, and others to be steered in the right direction). The show also desperately needs adults, structure, and a better message (ignorance + an I-don't-care-attitude = fun?). Oh and just for the record, the voice Ariana has to do for her character Cat is just INTOLERABLE.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written bykaloren July 22, 2013

Ditzy red head and mean girl friend

So far from what I have seen this is a tween show that makes girls look mean and dumb. My tween thinks its funny, but I am not so sure I will keep letting her watch it. I need to watch another episode before I make a full judgement, but definitely not for younger kids in my book.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoppicovergirl August 9, 2013

okay, but kind of weird

okay so i liked victorious and icarly, but im not really getting this show because if sam is so annoyed by cat then how could she stand living with her and to be honest i would say this show should be PG because they say stuff that i dont think little kids should hear. Jus givin my opinion c:
Teen, 13 years old Written byBingo5557 July 23, 2013

Love it !

Overall the show is great! I love it and I'm 13! Sam is a little violent and says stuff like waz a lot but Cat is sweet and kids would look up to her. I like this show and I think it's awesome.
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2013

Fantastic TV show

I think this is a fantastic show. One of the best kids shows I have ever seen. Very funny as well, kids should enjoy it as much as I did.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire June 17, 2013

TV-Y7

This is a great family movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAddictedtoComputers July 14, 2013

Wow Nick, you did an awesome job.

I really liked iCarly and Victorious. So after iCarly ended and Victorious got cancelled, I was really looking forward to Sam & Cat. I've seen every episode so far, and each episode was amazing. This is even better than iCarly and Victorious.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 13, 2013

Best show ever

Awesome show! Love it, love it, love it!! Way better than iCarly and Victorious!! But I still love them! Sam and Cat, they're roommates and they run a babysitting job together. Two British stars, who normally appear on Ellen, Sophia Grace and Rosie, also appear as Gwen and Ruby in #thebritbrats. I have to say it's clean and funny so 6 year olds can now watch it.
Kid, 9 years old July 7, 2013

sam&whatnow?

sam&cat is a ausome show but what i saw on #thebritbrats there is a lot of pranks. the girls well they are from England and from ellin.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2013

Sam & Cat: A slitly better,cleaner less vilent then !Carly

Sam and Cat is a really good show its about two girls who are roommates and run a babysitting bisness how ever there's Sam from !Carly some people mite not let there children watch the show BECAUSE of Sam well it is true in some ways in one of the episodes Sam steals a HOLE TV set to make cat fell beter and she also bets the guys up and in one episode these little brites girls con everyone in there apartment and then Sam cons the little girls right back honestly I think its a great show for fans of !Carly or Victories but the age wise it should be 10& up!