All member reviews for Sam & Cat

Teen, 17 years old Written byTeensOpinion17 June 10, 2013

I watched and got bored within the first 12-15 minutes.

I just watched some of Sam & Cat online just now and I got bored within the first fifteen minutes. I sat there with a straight face throughout..Nothing in the show made me laugh but if I were to watch Victorious or iCarly it would be different.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

Best show ever

I seen it on nick Canada tonight it was the best new nick show ever it's really funny and the plot line is really good and I'm a huge fan of Ariana gran she's like so funny I can't wait for the second episode :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoppicovergirl August 9, 2013

okay, but kind of weird

okay so i liked victorious and icarly, but im not really getting this show because if sam is so annoyed by cat then how could she stand living with her and to be honest i would say this show should be PG because they say stuff that i dont think little kids should hear. Jus givin my opinion c:
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2014

This is CRAP

NOT a good role model! Sam is just teaching kids how to be a bully. Whenever this show comes on, I groan. Its not funny, and Cat's voice is obnoxious! Its stupid, don't let your kids watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 13, 2013

Best show ever

Awesome show! Love it, love it, love it!! Way better than iCarly and Victorious!! But I still love them! Sam and Cat, they're roommates and they run a babysitting job together. Two British stars, who normally appear on Ellen, Sophia Grace and Rosie, also appear as Gwen and Ruby in #thebritbrats. I have to say it's clean and funny so 6 year olds can now watch it.
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Funny; despite recycled characters it gives a fresh viewpoint

For once this is a show that isn't advertising a website of any kind. I find it neat that this show features a thing where various fans' faces can appear on, the bottom of a prop mug that Sam (Jennette McCurdy) "drinks" out of. Though these are reused characters, they are both good ones and I always find that opposite-personality relationships are hilarious. I miss iCarly so much, and Victorious was pretty cool too, so the fact that both shows had cameos in Sam & Cat (iCarly: Freddie is mentioned, Victorious: Sikowitz's classroom is in a scene from #MommaGoomer). I love shows that have themed episode names: like for iCarly, everything had the "i" before it such as iPilot or iNevel, and this show does the same thing, having a hashtag before episode titles. Overall I find this show pretty funny, and it reminds me of good old iCarly. Hopefully Miranda Cosgrove will appear soon, even if her character Carly is in Italy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinedude78910 July 26, 2013

Funny show with odd couple dynamic has some good role models and positive messages, but no consumerism, and better than shows like Hannah Montana, because it isn't centered around music.

What families really need to know is that the show teaches that you can accomplish as much as you feel like doing. Sam and Cat seem to be around 16, yet they live alone and babysit kids. While Sam is not a great role model, Cat is fun and happy. I don't agree with the violence. There isn't much, but the reports about "consumerism" are so stupid. Ignore that. The brands in the show are mostly fake. Sam and Cat appeals to a younger audience then iCarly or Victorious, and is OFF for 3 and younger, but PAUSE for 4. It is better than shows like Hannah Montana, as it isn't centered around terrible music or musical "talent".
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames_ June 15, 2013

This is what a kid show should be.

It is about two girls, Sam and Cat, who end up as room mates and use babysitting as their source of income. This show is what a kid show should be. It's kid friendly and it uses the most popular characters from iCarly and Victorious so it's bound to be a successful series.
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

Missing parental guidance

Hilarious but far-fetched.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFai Ardianshah February 4, 2014

Dan is the best

The first time I heard about Sam and Cat,I think to myself how those girls gonna be friends cause Sam is really mean while Cat is mentally retarded,When I saw its trailer,I I thought babysitting was a bad idea.When I saw few of Sam and Cat episodes,Now i get it,Cat is not mentally retarded anymore but still not smart and Sam became nice but still rude,I like the idea the friendship of two opposite girl.Sam the funky,smart,strong,rude but still nice while Cat the sweet,nice,loving girl but not really that smart,I also think that babysitting was not that bad but fun and something new,the show was hilarious,it was better than Icarly and victorious,the theme song were better than other show,thank you Dan for making the best show ever,but some scene were not so innapropriate
Teen, 14 years old Written bybigmommafat July 28, 2013

safe for kids 13 and up

Its really a show that kids will injoy its funny at times .its not that inappropriate. Its just like that nanny show on tlc. Sam and cat are babysitters they just watch kids and go out with them. Thank u .
Teen, 13 years old Written byBingo5557 July 23, 2013

Love it !

Overall the show is great! I love it and I'm 13! Sam is a little violent and says stuff like waz a lot but Cat is sweet and kids would look up to her. I like this show and I think it's awesome.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAddictedtoComputers July 14, 2013

Wow Nick, you did an awesome job.

I really liked iCarly and Victorious. So after iCarly ended and Victorious got cancelled, I was really looking forward to Sam & Cat. I've seen every episode so far, and each episode was amazing. This is even better than iCarly and Victorious.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2013

Sam & Cat: A slitly better,cleaner less vilent then !Carly

Sam and Cat is a really good show its about two girls who are roommates and run a babysitting bisness how ever there's Sam from !Carly some people mite not let there children watch the show BECAUSE of Sam well it is true in some ways in one of the episodes Sam steals a HOLE TV set to make cat fell beter and she also bets the guys up and in one episode these little brites girls con everyone in there apartment and then Sam cons the little girls right back honestly I think its a great show for fans of !Carly or Victories but the age wise it should be 10& up!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

The best!

This is even better than iCarly.
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2013

iCarly and Victorious 2.0

It's just fine! Like iCarly and Victorious generated to 2.0!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire June 17, 2013

TV-Y7

This is a great family movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

Good show

This show is funny! I love icarly and hoped this show was good too because it was a spin-off of icarly and victorious. Btw, great show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNikolaB February 14, 2014

Recycled characters, unrealistic content

While there's nothing particularly inappropriate about this show, in my opinion, it's not funny and it's not worth watching. Sam takes advantage of Cat, they run around with no supervision, basically the usual... To start off, the entire show is pretty much forced and recycled characters. They took two enjoyable characters from discontinued shows and tried to start them up again. Considering both of the shows had run out of material, I don't know why they thought it would work. Like with all the other shows that had run dry, they didn't know what to do and began relying on violence/gross humor. All the humor is unrealistic and unfunny. I mean, since when does CPR = jumping on a man's chest? They claim to be legitimate babysitters but casually put kids outside, driving around the city on a scooter? I normally don't think TV is that much of an influence, but this is too far. And the show is filled with cheap attempts at humor. Sam couldn't find a hammer so she hit a nail with her HEAD!? Really!? Just really? This show makes me genuinely laugh about 3-4 times per episode. Occasionally a chuckle or, more often, snort at these attempts at humor. No offense, Nickelodeon, but you could do better than this. I don't blame them. The shows run out of material, they gotta accept it. P.S. Good point to the person that said it's like Two Broke Girls. That made me laugh ;)
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2013

Fantastic TV show

I think this is a fantastic show. One of the best kids shows I have ever seen. Very funny as well, kids should enjoy it as much as I did.