Mediocre spin-off recycles characters, needs reality check.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMinedude78910 July 26, 2013

Funny show with odd couple dynamic has some good role models and positive messages, but no consumerism, and better than shows like Hannah Montana, because it isn't centered around music.

What families really need to know is that the show teaches that you can accomplish as much as you feel like doing. Sam and Cat seem to be around 16, yet they live alone and babysit kids. While Sam is not a great role model, Cat is fun and happy. I don't agree with the violence. There isn't much, but the reports about "consumerism" are so stupid. Ignore that. The brands in the show are mostly fake. Sam and Cat appeals to a younger audience then iCarly or Victorious, and is OFF for 3 and younger, but PAUSE for 4. It is better than shows like Hannah Montana, as it isn't centered around terrible music or musical "talent".
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames_ June 15, 2013

This is what a kid show should be.

It is about two girls, Sam and Cat, who end up as room mates and use babysitting as their source of income. This show is what a kid show should be. It's kid friendly and it uses the most popular characters from iCarly and Victorious so it's bound to be a successful series.
Parent of a 1, 9, and 11 year old Written byamymomof3girls October 24, 2014

Kids Love It!

We were so sad when iCarly ended. There are still reruns, but no more new episodes? Then Victorious ended, another one of our favorite shows. But then came Sam & Cat. The kids were elated, and so sad when this show ended early because of a minor scandal. Despite the little scandal, it is a really good show that keeps us laughing and it is nice and clean!
Parent Written byparentofthree125 April 6, 2014

Cute show!

All the reviews down there are from overprotective parents that don't have much of a sense of humor. This is supposed to be a funny show about 2 teenage girl babysitters. They say a lot of things in the show that aren't supposed to be taken literally, just as a cute joke. The last episode took inspiration off of silence of the lamb and I laughed too hard. They also act like a married couple in the one where Sam gets a job, and it was funny to me and my kids because we know they aren't being serious. Now, I would say kids under the age of six might not get the things they say, but for my 14 year old, she understands and thinks this show is funny. It's not meant to be an inspirational show, I don't even know where you would get the idea from because it's a Nick show. Most of them are just meant to be funny, not educational. Let loose your grip on your kids 6 and up and let them watch it. It's just a cute show all around.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFai Ardianshah February 4, 2014

Dan is the best

The first time I heard about Sam and Cat,I think to myself how those girls gonna be friends cause Sam is really mean while Cat is mentally retarded,When I saw its trailer,I I thought babysitting was a bad idea.When I saw few of Sam and Cat episodes,Now i get it,Cat is not mentally retarded anymore but still not smart and Sam became nice but still rude,I like the idea the friendship of two opposite girl.Sam the funky,smart,strong,rude but still nice while Cat the sweet,nice,loving girl but not really that smart,I also think that babysitting was not that bad but fun and something new,the show was hilarious,it was better than Icarly and victorious,the theme song were better than other show,thank you Dan for making the best show ever,but some scene were not so innapropriate
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2013

Fantastic TV show

I think this is a fantastic show. One of the best kids shows I have ever seen. Very funny as well, kids should enjoy it as much as I did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBingo5557 July 23, 2013

Love it !

Overall the show is great! I love it and I'm 13! Sam is a little violent and says stuff like waz a lot but Cat is sweet and kids would look up to her. I like this show and I think it's awesome.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydivergentjay July 22, 2013

Fans of iCarly and Victorious will be Disappointed

Not as good as the shows they were based on. The humor isn't as funny and the plots are unrealistic. In one episode, Sam steals furniture from a television set to cheer Cat up, and instead of scolding her, Cat sees it as an act of kindness (as well as the studio audience, who "aww"). In another episode, Sam drops a baby in a bush, and almost leaves him there alone until she is reminded to get him. Parents who were upset with the large amount of Carly's freedom in iCarly will be even more disappointed with this show... Sam and Cat live alone together and don't even have a guardian. Language is also an issue. Though they never cuss actually (the worst they say is stupid or moron) they do say exclamations along the lines of "shut the fridge!" and "suck a truck!" as a play on actual foul exclamations. This show is definitely a bummer for people who liked iCarly and Victorious.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAddictedtoComputers July 14, 2013

Wow Nick, you did an awesome job.

I really liked iCarly and Victorious. So after iCarly ended and Victorious got cancelled, I was really looking forward to Sam & Cat. I've seen every episode so far, and each episode was amazing. This is even better than iCarly and Victorious.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2013

Sam & Cat: A slitly better,cleaner less vilent then !Carly

Sam and Cat is a really good show its about two girls who are roommates and run a babysitting bisness how ever there's Sam from !Carly some people mite not let there children watch the show BECAUSE of Sam well it is true in some ways in one of the episodes Sam steals a HOLE TV set to make cat fell beter and she also bets the guys up and in one episode these little brites girls con everyone in there apartment and then Sam cons the little girls right back honestly I think its a great show for fans of !Carly or Victories but the age wise it should be 10& up!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 4, 2013

The best!

This is even better than iCarly.
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2013

iCarly and Victorious 2.0

It's just fine! Like iCarly and Victorious generated to 2.0!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire June 17, 2013

TV-Y7

This is a great family movie.
Parent Written byIsmael_Minecraft August 9, 2015

If your kids are addicted to iCarly then they must be addicted to this awesome show called Sam and Cat. I have to say that sometimes it may have violence, Not like extreme but you get it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNikolaB February 14, 2014

Recycled characters, unrealistic content

While there's nothing particularly inappropriate about this show, in my opinion, it's not funny and it's not worth watching. Sam takes advantage of Cat, they run around with no supervision, basically the usual... To start off, the entire show is pretty much forced and recycled characters. They took two enjoyable characters from discontinued shows and tried to start them up again. Considering both of the shows had run out of material, I don't know why they thought it would work. Like with all the other shows that had run dry, they didn't know what to do and began relying on violence/gross humor. All the humor is unrealistic and unfunny. I mean, since when does CPR = jumping on a man's chest? They claim to be legitimate babysitters but casually put kids outside, driving around the city on a scooter? I normally don't think TV is that much of an influence, but this is too far. And the show is filled with cheap attempts at humor. Sam couldn't find a hammer so she hit a nail with her HEAD!? Really!? Just really? This show makes me genuinely laugh about 3-4 times per episode. Occasionally a chuckle or, more often, snort at these attempts at humor. No offense, Nickelodeon, but you could do better than this. I don't blame them. The shows run out of material, they gotta accept it. P.S. Good point to the person that said it's like Two Broke Girls. That made me laugh ;)
Kid, 8 years old August 9, 2013

Its Cool

I LOVE Sam & cat its a great show and its halarious to! I think goomer is funny i like cat....and Sam they are both very funny i saw an episode about babysitting goomer and another about these kids driving them nuts throwing stuff on sans motorcycle shooting stuff at them with a remote control plane its very fun and cool i enjoy it.A MUST SEE
Teen, 14 years old Written bybigmommafat July 28, 2013

safe for kids 13 and up

Its really a show that kids will injoy its funny at times .its not that inappropriate. Its just like that nanny show on tlc. Sam and cat are babysitters they just watch kids and go out with them. Thank u .
Kid, 9 years old July 7, 2013

sam&whatnow?

sam&cat is a ausome show but what i saw on #thebritbrats there is a lot of pranks. the girls well they are from England and from ellin.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

Good show

This show is funny! I love icarly and hoped this show was good too because it was a spin-off of icarly and victorious. Btw, great show!
Adult Written byGregory Nelson September 13, 2015

Violence & Scariness (Occasional slapstick (hitting, slapping, jumping on someone) but nothing that's shown to cause harm) I don't think so.

Sam & Cat was a horrible show, yet it was overrated, but it says on Violence & Scariness, that nothing causes harm, Did you even realize that Cat ripped a guy's scalp off thinking it was a wig? That really physically injured him badly, and he was sent to the hospital and Cat got arrested for that, this place needs more common sense.