All member reviews for Sanford and Son

70s classic offers laughs -- and stereotypes.

Kid, 0 years old July 5, 2010

it's iffy and on for 5+, and see

I Watched it since 10, too, but Sorry Fans of Sanford and Son, These Preschoolers are banned. I think ants are going to ban Saford and Son from watching like (Ren & Stimpy, Pecola, Pucca, Hamtaro, Sitting Ducks, Peep, Pet Alien, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Cow & Chicken, Beavis & B***-Head, Atomic Betty (which those Cartoon Network idiots should never have dumped for that Ben 10 and Naruto garbage), Zixx (Cartoon Network only aired season one (not season two) of this), AAAHH! Real Monsters, etc.), I don't want Mr. Meaty to get cancelled quickly (along with Robotboy, Dragon Hunters, Monster Allergy, Zatch Bell, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, SpongeBob (which I doubt will get cancelled quickly), Catscratch, Horseland, Zatch Bell!, (the ones not canceled yet) Robot Chicken, Dora the Explorer, Go! Diego! Go, AFV, 2 Stupid(won't show up and you can hide st*pid) Dogs, Shrek, Phienas and Ferb, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, iCarly, Beverly Hills, 90210/90210, 3's Company, Sesame Street, High School Musical, MythBusters, Cheers, Pinky Dinky Doo, Paid Programming, What I like about you, Roseanne, The Nanny, Adult Programming, Programming, The Good Night Show from The Sunny Side Up Show, Bratz, Jason Haddad in the Morning-at Night, Transformers, M*A*S*H, and 7th Heaven, [adult swim] fans, (going to sites like) Yahoo!, YouTube, Facebook, (movies like) Pirates of Carabian, (driving.riding) caravans, (watching) Sprout, and Barney and Friends, Friends, The A Team, H*ll's Kitchen, D*mn Yankees, Bad Girls Club, The Girls Next Door, The Boys Next Door,Give Me My F***ing Change, F*CK, Animators, Star Wars, 10 things i hate about you,Stickfingers, Johnny Test, CN shows, (songs like) The Best D** Thing (other TV shows like) Judge Judy, Bulls...!, Airplane!, COPS,DARE, Reno 911!, and Deal or No Deal and All of the above except for Sanford and Son like America's Next Top Model (until 14) (i don't like reno 911! until 13 or the movie when i'm 17) and the Like,The PussyCat Dolls too, etc.) it's the same thing as Sanford and Son, Sanford and Son ... Rocks! They don't have these anymore for young schooler grade (5 & under) audiences, The Judge says this show is OK for Elementary Schoolers and Older (5 & over), i think it's fine for mature kids.
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2010

Sanford And Son is awesome!!

Where to begin..... Well for starters this is the awesome ist show ever! It is hilarious. Even though fred makes insults he never even follows through with them so its ok. Its really funny and shows the value of hardwork. BTW Lamont is my favorite :)!
Written byAnonymous March 23, 2014

Rated PAUSE

Rated PAUSE for some sexual dialouge and implications throughout, as well as use of alcohol which in some instances leads to intoxication.
Adult Written byRockybalboa211 June 29, 2011

You are a dummy if you don't like this show :D

It truly is a must see 70's television show. I used to watch this show (plus Welcome Back Kotter, The Jeffersons, and All in the Famliy) when I was 10 with my mother. The prejudice exhibited by Fred I truly didn't understand at the time since I was 10. It wasn't until I was 15 and knew about race relations of the 70's that I finally understood a lot of the shows messages. This is a hilarious show, and I think only people over the age of 13 will truly benefit from watching this show. Overall, It's a classic sitcom, and is ALOT better than some of the awful cartoons and reality shows of today.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 May 6, 2011

great show

Sanford and son is an exceptional show. It has very funny lines and the characters are hilarious. The show does have some bad message and some mild language. It also depicts fred as a hard drinker with no consequenes what so ever. So if you are over 8. This is a great pick.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 25, 2011

Hysterical. "Thats S-a-n-f-o-r-d period" Fred Sanford
Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2010

Just A Few Cons.

Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2010

nothing. nothing is bad but there somethings good.
Kid, 10 years old February 1, 2010

Great for everyone.

Best Show Ever! I,m hooked on it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 December 22, 2009

Your child needs to be mature enough to watch this show without copying the bad behaviour.

The age-appropriateness of this show really depends on the age of your child. This show contains a really bad (but hilarious) roll model, and depending on your child, this show may be suitable for ages anywhere from 12-18+. I would say the minimum age you should be to watch this, in terms of content, should be 12+.
Adult Written bycaitlin414 December 10, 2009

I think that there is not any good role models and some rude messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyo77 April 9, 2008

Watch it, Sucka

U may be the dullest, most humdrum person in the whole wide world. Watch this and even U will laugh. This is probably one of the most funny classic TV shows ever made. Theme- A father( Fred Sanford) and a son ( Lemont) still living with his father in his 30's own a junk yard. Mostly, the only innapropriate content is the insults that Fred gives. Other than that, "Get the h-ll outta here" is isolated; and some sexual innuendos such as "You never even touched my grapes" and "or we would have been more careful that night 35 years ago" are used. Overall, I say that Sanford and Son is appropriate for kids 10 and up. --------Watch it, Sucka- Esther--------