All member reviews for Saturday Night Live

Legendary late-night show funny for teens and up.

Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2010

I adore the show, but I must say, it is a little inappropriate.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byRVBDMD January 1, 2014

If you want you kids to know what's going on in the world, let them watch this show

I have been watching this show since it began in 1975. I think SNL is at its best when it reflects the present condition of the American Pop cultural landscape. The fact is, the show is firmly entrenched in the collective mindset of North America. Those who do not "get" the humor shows a complete disconnect from the world we live in. The humor is rarely mean- spirited. The talent of the cast is truly impressive. My 11 1/2 year old son stays up with me every week to watch and usually falls asleep around 12:30. He's been watching since he was 9ish. Some of the more sexually suggestive skits go way over his head, but he gets a good laugh out of most of the bits. I feel he is a better informed child by watching this show. I am aways by his side to explain certain skits, which I feel is important for a sub 15 year old.
Written byAnonymous December 7, 2012

Why TV-14 like R and TV-MA like NC-17 Because they are.

I Watch it. No one Under 14 Should see it. 14, 15, 16, and 17 is iffy and on for 18 & Up.
Parent Written bybigmacattack9 July 30, 2011

SNL is awesome

First of all, Saturday Night Live is not as bad as they say it is. There is an occasional sexual banter but not as bad as other late night comedy shows. Some violence in sketches. In one episode that Jon Hamm hosted in the digital short blood is shown when Ronnie shoots himself in the foot. The language is the only thing i would warn parents about there is plenty of bit-h, h-ll, d--n, a--hole. occosionaly some bleeped language is s--t and f--k final rating TV-PG
Teen, 16 years old Written bywhyamiusingthissite May 22, 2010

Okay for teenagers.

Kids seven and under probably can only watch the opening bit and monolouge, then need to change the channel.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynikki.colts April 12, 2010

Ooooh my gosh I am laughing SO HARD from the review that ProudMotherOf6 posted!! Ma'am, if you're currently reading this review, please know that the requests that your 17 year-old has are perfectly reasonable!! 2$ a month?? I get 15! Disney Channel only for your teens? I watch Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network on a daily basis! I go over to friend's houses nearly every other weekend! The "only thirty minutes of TV a day" part kinda scares me....! If it makes any difference to you, I knew a girl in my elementary school that everyone made fun of, because her mom wouldn't let her go to bed after 7:30, she couldn't watch Nickelodeon, and she had to hold her mom's hand when she walked across the street. This girl was constantly made fun of, and she never had any friends. She actually switched schools because of a mental break-down. You want this to happen to your kids? Then let your kids live a little. And please get rid of the hidden cameras, so that the next person who reads it doesn't die from laughing. By the way, if you've watched iCarly, you might relate with Freddie's mom... Anyway, now for my review! I think SNL is appropriate for kids 13 and older, because of some sexual references and swearing. I started watching it when I was eleven, and I LOVE IT! It's really funny!! Teens my age get the jokes, and why they are funny. They don't go out thinking "I'm gonna go make fun of black people because I saw it on SNL!" I highly doubt anyone above the age of 5 does that. I think you should lets teens watch this. 11-12 year old's can watch it too, if you ask me, but with adult supervision. I recommend recording it if you are gonna let kids that age watch it, so if you come across something inappropriate, you can simply fast-forward!
Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2015

It's ok for kids my age

It might have a bit of sex, but it is still ok. It is probably appropriate for tweens and up. I love it but it might be a bit inappropriate for my age.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysamdod2427 April 17, 2015

Great show most of the time. You can pick an era to appeal to your humour, and to a certain degree, content. The early years were much more politically charged than of late. However, don't judge by the name. If Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell films have left your kids cursing at each other, this isn't the same. Everything is much more tame and most 'Live' moments have been taken out for reruns and cannot be found.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

I thought it was OK until the "death to america"

as an american I thought it was sickening to make a short about isis I stopped letting my 17 year old watch this trash
Adult Written bymardoggie2013 November 20, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byaboy26 October 10, 2014

Family show

this has to be one of the shows where you have a huge meal from maybe a KFC or a Mcdonalds then chill with your family and put on SNL, it can always be a bit inappropiate but for people who watched the older versions on netflix would know that the show is much more appropiate than those versions. I don't understand why people are making a big deal about this show, it's perfect family watching
Kid, 10 years old February 7, 2014

ok for SOME kids

This is a funny show it is ok for kids that know ABOUT s*x and bad words like (hell,damn,b***h etc) BUT if they DON'T they will walk away bored but I was about 8 or 9 when I saw my first Saturday night live so if they know what it is they will LOVE it
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 16, 2013

Really funny, might be okay for older tweens and teens

SNL is very good, the skits are funny but a little inappropriate, so you might want to preview this before showing it to a kid under 14
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2013

review

I think it is very funny but only for 12+
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 December 8, 2012

Funny

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

Amazing.

I love SNL! Very funny,great plot,ect.SO GOOD!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 22, 2012

saturday night live

Families can talk about the show's characters -- especially those based on stereotypes -- to ensure that teens understand the layers of comedy. What makes something funny? What is the purpose of satire in our culture? How do you feel when someone you admire is being made fun of -- like a politician or celebrity? What would our culture be like if we weren't allowed to mock authority figures and role models?
Teen, 14 years old Written byuhya June 21, 2012

WHAT IS LOVE!

a funny but crude show
Teen, 14 years old Written byronnok3 June 7, 2012

LEGENDARY

great comedy that might offend a few people but overall awesome show
Teen, 15 years old Written bywannabemoviecritic January 14, 2012

MY REVIEW

To start things off, I'd like to say that this show is f#!@ing LEGENDARY!! On a serious note, the show contains a high precentage of sex based jokes. Now if your kid is mature (they don't saw 'ew' to two people kissing or doing anything inapropriate) you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I started to watch the show when i was nine and some political jokes didn't make sense. That was just for me. In conclusion I really just want to say that if your kid is mature enough to get the jokes, then i'd say go for it. I was rasied not knowing this type of stuff it wasn't till I was 10 and started watching HBO's "OZ."