All member reviews for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Update of classic mystery show is targeted more at tweens.

Adult Written byll2 September 30, 2010

More appropriate for Tweens, younger kids could be upset

I'm disappointed that this show, because it's "Scooby Doo," gives the wrong impression that it's okay for younger children to watch it. Unfortunately, it's not appropriate for age 7, let alone younger. My 9 year old was scared after watching it -- it didn't make him "think" about anything except that there were parts that were disturbing, like the scene where Shaggy is watching a horror movie and a chain saw is about to hack at some kind of creature. There is also too much focus on romance, but not in a nice way. In my opinion, this show is dark, and far from the fun, classic Scooby that we've come to know and love.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Great SD adaption!

This adaption of Scooby Doo is GREAT! I like the past Scooby Doo and I was sad when it got canceled.Then I saw anadvertisment for this show and it looked great.Then I watched an episode of it.My predictions were right on target! Everything about the show was GREAT!
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Not as mild as the older series

My kids are all huge Scooby Doo fans, but this new series spooks my 3 yr old a lot, the older episodes are more enjoyable for her
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byeliette August 5, 2010

Yeesh, why all the kissing?

In our house we love Scooby Doo. We've seen them all. But this new series is not going to be showing--my husband and I watched one episode with the kids and HATED it! Whaddaya mean, Velma's sneaking into Shaggy's room at night and puckering up for a kiss? Yeesh. First, my kids are a little young for that. And second, what's next, a little action in the back of the Mystery Machine...? Give me a break--not what I am looking for out of a Scooby episode.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan-Reliable April 25, 2015

Awesome New Take On SCOOBY DOO- Why are there haters?

I get that this show isn't exactly age appropriate for the little ones, it would probably be to scary. This take is WAY more relatable for this generation because it has a so much more modern feel to it. It's just so good. For starters, it's way more scarier= more believable story, it leaves a suspense at the end of nearly every episode to think about, they brought the hex girls back for 2 episodes- trap of love, I could go on forever. It is just way more fun to watch Scooby Doo than ever before. About the characters, Daphanie hasn't changed much, Fred seems more focused in traps than Daphanie- he also seems dumber. I don't know about you but we loved the new Velma style, she is way more sophisticated than ever before and she stands up for herself- she also has an attitude. Shaggy hasn't changed much - Scooby hasn't either. Only downside - it is not available on Netflix Australia yet. Well done Scooby Doo!
Parent Written byCSM Screen name... March 14, 2014
LEARNING

RUH?! Very disappointed with this new take on Scooby Doo

This is NOT the Scoob and the Mystery Gang stories we'd come to know & love. In my opinion, the show's retake is really ruined - it is scarier/ 'darker' (monsters), "sexier" (with Velma & Daphne frequently chasing after/ seeking affection from Shaggy & Fred and *always* being rejected; biggest change I think is with Velma - both her character and her breast size have changed! And girls in general wear skimpier clothing), Fred seems dumber and most importanly, the mystery stories are simply BORING! The songs and music which used to be a bigger part of the show have also changed style in a less appealing/ catchy way. The overall effect is a less engaging, borning show, not sending the best messages to our kids.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bytanababy November 13, 2014

Not for Younger Children

I just watched this with my 4 and 6 year old and while my 4 year old thought it was scary. My 6 year old was intrigued with Daphne and Fred's relationship. Which gave us an opening to talk about it. But Daphne swooning was way too much to example for a 6 yo girl. Also, lots of references to being skinny and attractive, not what I want for my daughter or son. Constant implied messages that I think went over my kids head - but not sure. At one point Daphne makes a comment implying her dad was always drunk and passed out on the couch. Off my kids watch list. No need to go there.
Teen, 17 years old Written byFabulousMe April 6, 2014

A review for the new viewers watching on Netflix.

As a 17 year old girl I would consider myself to not be scared easily in general. The other reviews were written when the first season was airing, and I would agree that the first season was just fine for pretty much anybody over the age of eight or nine. My review is more focused on the second half of the second season. At that point the show gets very dark. The monsters (actually aliens) are real, and very evil. While the positive aspects still remain, (friendship, leadership, bravery etc) the villains become more evil and disturbing. Characters die, in gruesome manners, and while not graphic it is clear what is happening. A main character sacrifices herself and is shot multiple times before dying. Other deaths occur, involving mass murder of a town. Again, I repeat these murders are not graphic, but very obvious. As for other concerns such as sexual content or language, these issues are pretty minor and appropriate for the Y-7 rating the show received. Again I stress that the second season of this show is very dark and disturbing, and in my opinion not appropriate for anyone under the age of ten or so. Even then I would watch the show before letting a child watching it, to make sure it wouldn't cause nightmares for that child. As a final note, the villains are never really destroyed, or unmasked in usual Scooby Doo fashion, adding to the creepiness especially for small children. Finally I would conclude by saying that this show was enjoyable, and I watched every episode quite enthralled. I would compare it more to Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Doctor Who, and fans of such shows would probably like this show. Overall, teens and older tweens will probably enjoy.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2011

Makes me want to hate Scooby Doo almost

I only like the old Scooby Doo cartoons, This one just makes me want to hate Scooby Doo almost, Why does everybody like this? What is with this? Children, Watch something else, this is not the right cartoon for kids, I would recommend something else like "Adventure Time with Finn and Jake", "Regular show" or "The Amazing World of Gumball".
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Good Scooby.

A great take on Scooby and Shaggy. Yeah.
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written byscardgurl18 August 7, 2010

perfect for tweens for not for young viewers

I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing! How dare CN say this is for Y7 WRONG! My son will never see this new scooby doo again... I see it being for tweens but not my 7 yr old! How sad!
Adult Written bytvconnoisseur June 21, 2015

How Dare This Call Itself Scooby-Doo?!!

You don’t put romance, drama, and stuff into Scooby-Doo! It’s just that simple! What the f- is wrong with the world?!!! Plus, even if you’re going to make the premise like this, at least bring back the animation style that was in Zombie Island, The Witch’s Ghost, The Alien Invaders, and The Cyber Chase, not this gloomy, depressing crap!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBatman100 March 28, 2015

Definetely the best scooby doo show ever!

Suprisingly really good!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byScoobyfan June 2, 2011

Not for babies, but for everyone else

FINALLY!! A decent Scooby Doo reboot! After that god-awful "Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue" we return to normality with a great reboot of the original "Scooby Doo Where are You?" (But by no means is it a classic). The animation is throughly creepy, especially for the villains and backgrounds, which is how it should be!! Young children (we're talkin' newborns here) will most likely be frightened by the scary images and situations, but for my 7 year oldsister, she loved it! Overall a welcome reboot to the Scooby Doo franchise
Kid, 9 years old July 24, 2010

Scooby-Doo remake is...EPIC!

"We're just solving mysteries, all the kids are doing it!" Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated has truly sparked with my mom, dad, and little sister and is appropriate for all audiences.
Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2015

Great show!

It is a great show! But the characters have such a different personality, and people actually die. In the 3-part series finale, characters die gruesome deaths. One major character gets shot and killed. But the quality of the show is great!
Adult Written byMolinda October 28, 2014

What have they done to Scooby-Doo and the gang?

I WAS a huge Scooby-Doo fan...Now though to be honest, I would not allow any of my nieces or nephews to watch this inappropriate show. There are just too many scenes with girls/guys with barely any clothing on, making out scenes, and things that should not be show to the younger public. Next we'll have kindergarteners thinking its "Okay" to dress in tight revealing pants and shirts. I wish they would bring the old Scooby-Doo back. I'm worried how kids will turn out to be in the next generation...
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2010

LOVE IT

This remake is way better than the old one. Its soo cool and actually funny! Its a little bit scarier than the old ones but its nothing a nine year old can handle. After writing this review I kinda feel like watching it.
Kid, 7 years old January 31, 2016

scooby inc

awesome a little bit scary but cool, make sure you wach season 1 episode 1 26.
Teen, 17 years old Written byElias September 30, 2015

Very good show

It's not all scary and all that it's focused to on romants in the first season like you see Fred and dapnee kissing same whith shaggy and Velma when I was younger I liked it but not for kids 8 and under the second season thought calmed down a bit from all the romance but I really enjoy it because there is more to it like its also more serious I really recommend it if you are a scooby fan