All member reviews for Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Update of classic mystery show is targeted more at tweens.

Adult Written byll2 September 30, 2010

More appropriate for Tweens, younger kids could be upset

I'm disappointed that this show, because it's "Scooby Doo," gives the wrong impression that it's okay for younger children to watch it. Unfortunately, it's not appropriate for age 7, let alone younger. My 9 year old was scared after watching it -- it didn't make him "think" about anything except that there were parts that were disturbing, like the scene where Shaggy is watching a horror movie and a chain saw is about to hack at some kind of creature. There is also too much focus on romance, but not in a nice way. In my opinion, this show is dark, and far from the fun, classic Scooby that we've come to know and love.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written byMamaNikkiP August 17, 2010

Not as mild as the older series

My kids are all huge Scooby Doo fans, but this new series spooks my 3 yr old a lot, the older episodes are more enjoyable for her
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byeliette August 5, 2010

Yeesh, why all the kissing?

In our house we love Scooby Doo. We've seen them all. But this new series is not going to be showing--my husband and I watched one episode with the kids and HATED it! Whaddaya mean, Velma's sneaking into Shaggy's room at night and puckering up for a kiss? Yeesh. First, my kids are a little young for that. And second, what's next, a little action in the back of the Mystery Machine...? Give me a break--not what I am looking for out of a Scooby episode.
Teen, 17 years old Written byFabulousMe April 6, 2014

A review for the new viewers watching on Netflix.

As a 17 year old girl I would consider myself to not be scared easily in general. The other reviews were written when the first season was airing, and I would agree that the first season was just fine for pretty much anybody over the age of eight or nine. My review is more focused on the second half of the second season. At that point the show gets very dark. The monsters (actually aliens) are real, and very evil. While the positive aspects still remain, (friendship, leadership, bravery etc) the villains become more evil and disturbing. Characters die, in gruesome manners, and while not graphic it is clear what is happening. A main character sacrifices herself and is shot multiple times before dying. Other deaths occur, involving mass murder of a town. Again, I repeat these murders are not graphic, but very obvious. As for other concerns such as sexual content or language, these issues are pretty minor and appropriate for the Y-7 rating the show received. Again I stress that the second season of this show is very dark and disturbing, and in my opinion not appropriate for anyone under the age of ten or so. Even then I would watch the show before letting a child watching it, to make sure it wouldn't cause nightmares for that child. As a final note, the villains are never really destroyed, or unmasked in usual Scooby Doo fashion, adding to the creepiness especially for small children. Finally I would conclude by saying that this show was enjoyable, and I watched every episode quite enthralled. I would compare it more to Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Doctor Who, and fans of such shows would probably like this show. Overall, teens and older tweens will probably enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneyFan-Reliable April 25, 2015

Awesome New Take On SCOOBY DOO- Why are there haters?

I get that this show isn't exactly age appropriate for the little ones, it would probably be to scary. This take is WAY more relatable for this generation because it has a so much more modern feel to it. It's just so good. For starters, it's way more scarier= more believable story, it leaves a suspense at the end of nearly every episode to think about, they brought the hex girls back for 2 episodes- trap of love, I could go on forever. It is just way more fun to watch Scooby Doo than ever before. About the characters, Daphanie hasn't changed much, Fred seems more focused in traps than Daphanie- he also seems dumber. I don't know about you but we loved the new Velma style, she is way more sophisticated than ever before and she stands up for herself- she also has an attitude. Shaggy hasn't changed much - Scooby hasn't either. Only downside - it is not available on Netflix Australia yet. Well done Scooby Doo!
Parent Written byCSM Screen name... March 14, 2014

LEARNING

RUH?! Very disappointed with this new take on Scooby Doo

This is NOT the Scoob and the Mystery Gang stories we'd come to know & love. In my opinion, the show's retake is really ruined - it is scarier/ 'darker' (monsters), "sexier" (with Velma & Daphne frequently chasing after/ seeking affection from Shaggy & Fred and *always* being rejected; biggest change I think is with Velma - both her character and her breast size have changed! And girls in general wear skimpier clothing), Fred seems dumber and most importanly, the mystery stories are simply BORING! The songs and music which used to be a bigger part of the show have also changed style in a less appealing/ catchy way. The overall effect is a less engaging, borning show, not sending the best messages to our kids.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2011

Makes me want to hate Scooby Doo almost

I only like the old Scooby Doo cartoons, This one just makes me want to hate Scooby Doo almost, Why does everybody like this? What is with this? Children, Watch something else, this is not the right cartoon for kids, I would recommend something else like "Adventure Time with Finn and Jake", "Regular show" or "The Amazing World of Gumball".
Teen, 15 years old Written byScoobyfan June 2, 2011

Not for babies, but for everyone else

FINALLY!! A decent Scooby Doo reboot! After that god-awful "Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue" we return to normality with a great reboot of the original "Scooby Doo Where are You?" (But by no means is it a classic). The animation is throughly creepy, especially for the villains and backgrounds, which is how it should be!! Young children (we're talkin' newborns here) will most likely be frightened by the scary images and situations, but for my 7 year oldsister, she loved it! Overall a welcome reboot to the Scooby Doo franchise
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Great SD adaption!

This adaption of Scooby Doo is GREAT! I like the past Scooby Doo and I was sad when it got canceled.Then I saw anadvertisment for this show and it looked great.Then I watched an episode of it.My predictions were right on target! Everything about the show was GREAT!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Good Scooby.

A great take on Scooby and Shaggy. Yeah.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBatman100 March 28, 2015

Definetely the best scooby doo show ever!

Suprisingly really good!!!
Parent Written byWalt L January 13, 2015

A great new take on a classic.

They're never going to remake the original show so they did the smart thing and went in a different direction. The animation style takes a few episodes to get used to, but I grew to like it. Finally the "gang" is acting like a bunch of teenagers. Yes, that means romantic subplots, a bit of angst, and other things that go under the heading "character development". The metaplot really kicks into high gear in Season Two, pushing just about all of the subplots out of the way (very little romantically after the first few episodes). It's darker than the other shows in this franchise, but if you're comparing to anime or some other shows, it's still very much on the bright side of the street. I think this is my favorite of the remakes. Much better than some of the others we've suffered through over the years (Flim-Flam and Scrappy, anyone?)
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bytanababy November 13, 2014

Not for Younger Children

I just watched this with my 4 and 6 year old and while my 4 year old thought it was scary. My 6 year old was intrigued with Daphne and Fred's relationship. Which gave us an opening to talk about it. But Daphne swooning was way too much to example for a 6 yo girl. Also, lots of references to being skinny and attractive, not what I want for my daughter or son. Constant implied messages that I think went over my kids head - but not sure. At one point Daphne makes a comment implying her dad was always drunk and passed out on the couch. Off my kids watch list. No need to go there.
Parent Written byTOGeek November 10, 2014

Our whole family enjoyed it!

Started watching on Netflix when my kid was 5, having heard good things and I must say I have been more than impressed with this show. This show has it all - some tongue-in cheek humour, a genuine evil that informs the plotline throughout the series, some new takes on the characters that still feel true to the classic series, and a finale that is literally EPIC. Top notch voice actors (LOVE Matthew Lillard and Mindy Cohn as Shaggy and Velma) populate the weird town of Crystal Cove "the Haunted-est Place on Earth," but in the end this show is about the importance of friendship, trust, intellect, and sacrifice, making this a rare time where everything aligns in excellence. There won't be another Scooby-Doo as good as this.
Adult Written byMolinda October 28, 2014

What have they done to Scooby-Doo and the gang?

I WAS a huge Scooby-Doo fan...Now though to be honest, I would not allow any of my nieces or nephews to watch this inappropriate show. There are just too many scenes with girls/guys with barely any clothing on, making out scenes, and things that should not be show to the younger public. Next we'll have kindergarteners thinking its "Okay" to dress in tight revealing pants and shirts. I wish they would bring the old Scooby-Doo back. I'm worried how kids will turn out to be in the next generation...
Teen, 14 years old Written by1PandaBear1 September 8, 2014

What the heck?!

My brother and I liked the first season. Then the second season came....... Daphne wears revealing pajamas and bikinis in the first season, but it got worse in the second. The couples on this program make-out. Y7? Really? A sort of fume from burning wood made everyone hallucinate. Daphne and Shaggy end up sleeping on the same couch and kissing. But, Shaggy looked like Fred at the time. Still not ok! They also ruined the second season by adding ghosts, more deaths, and a curse on the artifact. Very disappointing!
Parent Written byikemeg August 18, 2014

Too scary for my kids

We didn't even make it through a whole episode of this show. Both of my kids were scared. At bedtime they brought the show up again and I had to stay with them until they fell asleep (for the first time in years). If your kids are at all sensitive, skip this show.
Kid, 8 years old August 10, 2013

Awesome!

i find at the end is very intresting. not mush violence, but at the end the HUGE professor Paraqlece (at the end), ate lots of people which may scare children under 9.
Adult Written bycourtwork July 13, 2013

Disappointing

I love the old Scooby-Doos. Yes, the animation and pace is dated and the musical interludes include old 70's tunes, but the formula for Scooby is what makes the show so great! The newer version has updated animation, monsters, compelling plots, and it moves at a faster pace - all positives for the modern day viewer. On the negative side for me, the characters are now extreme adaptations of their former selves, so they feel more like stereo types than the old lovable personalities. The old characters knew Shaggy was fearful and that Daphne was a fashion maven, but they accepted them as they were. In the new show, the characters interact with plenty of sarcasm, eye rolling, and put downs. The biggest turn off (for me) is that along with following the mystery, we are now asked to suffer through romantic subplots between Fred and Daphne and Velma and Shaggy. Yuk. Daphne actually says to Velma in one of the shows: "Velma, do you ever feel ignored by Shaggy?" To me, these changes make "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" a poor choice for younger audiences, and frankly disappointing for this Scooby fan. The new character changes add nothing and detract a lot in my opinion! It's hard to say who to recommend this show for - I don't like the interactions between love interests in most of the shows these days - they are always adversarial and make the males out to be idiots.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

cartoons are ruined

this ruined scooby doo bad artwork terrible plots kissing romance not scooby doo way to violent one episode a monster decapitated someone what characters killed by monsters stick with old scooby doo