All member reviews for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!

Parent of a 4 year old Written byfierce_mink_2000 April 9, 2008

My kid loves Scooby Doo!

My only real problem (and it isn't enough to make my son stop watching) is a fairly high level of sexism in the shows. For example, Fred is constantly giving Daphne grief for being "danger-prone Daphne" whenever she falls into some trap. But he falls into traps as often as she does, and no one says a word to him about it. I know this is pretty much a reflection of the general attitude from the 70's, but if you watch more modern shows, there are more strong and stronger female parts. Even the more recent Scooby shows have less verbal sexism and Daphne and Velma stronger. Otherwise, we love the show. My kid likes more involved plots and he loves spooky stuff, but I refuse to let him watch most of the stuff he would prefer because of violence or bad social situations like drunkenness or smoking. Scooby fits the bill perfectly.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymamawannaknow April 9, 2010

I just, like, wish Shaggy, like, didn't have to, like, say, "like" all the time... Because now my 5 year old is, like, saying that all the time. Definitely too much for my 3 year old though he tries to convince me otherwise! I do think it provides positive examples of facing one's fears and challenging authority in useful ways.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bySuperadult8181 September 16, 2009

Very scary, even for my 12 year old (some episodes). we only watch them during the day, but it is good fun and we love watching classics
Teen, 13 years old Written bytvzillia March 12, 2013

one classic was the start of many movies and shows

i have only seen this show a few times, but I have seen alot of the scooby doo movies and shows after this but considering scooby-doo it's pretty good
Adult Written byRedXJT May 21, 2012

Boring and repetitive

... Sick of this show, I really am. It's always the same story line. Find a mystery where you're hoping there isn't one. Then, accuse the wrong people just because they look evil. Get the right guy after a failed trap in using Scooby and Shaggy as bait, then, use Velma to say who did it and why, BUT ONLY AFTER UNMASKING THEM. ..Please take this show off the air, or cut down on how many scooby doo episodes there ARE.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2012

great show.

this is a classic show that is appropriate for all ages. it is also pretty funny. its way better than the wannabe new scooby show called Mystery Incorperated on cartoon network! if you think this will scare your kid, it probably won't.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 28, 2012

Scooby Dooby Doo!

This is possibly the best Scooby Doo cartoon ever made! Its funny,has great animation,has a catchy theme song,and has great voice acting! Its a must see for all Scooby Doo fans.
Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2012

nice and fun

fun fun fun the vintage scooby doo is the most greatest show ever!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byposter56art January 24, 2011

more kid friendly version on case closed/detective conan

a more child friendly version of case closed/dective conan (which is very violent,bloody,and has lots of drinking/smoking) so if your kids want to see cased closed/detective conan (which plays late at night on FUNimation sometimes) just show them this.although i cannot understand the mysteries unlike case closed/detective conan
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe Liberator August 16, 2009

Why does Common sense think this is 5+ ?

This is a nice very simple and age appropriate for just about anyone tv series (although some people think that the fake monsters are scary they are actually not at all scary) i say anyone literally anyone can watch this

argh... dying of boredom

I hate this show it's always the same thing. No variety, no difference, no nothing. In Jay Sherman's words, "IT STINKS!"
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I LOL

Scooby and shagy are really funny. I like this show and my mom likes it too.
Adult Written byLowe's man January 31, 2015

appeals to all ages on different levels

While younger children may not understand the mysteries, they'll love the action. Some younger children may initially be scared, but those fears will quickly dissipate since they'll see that the villains are fake, thereby teaching children that ghosts, monsters, etc., don't exist. Older children (and adults) will like and appreciate the mystery. Teamwork and persistence are valued and encouraged. The only problem is the mild sexism with the way Daphne is portrayed. But again Velma makes up for that. We must also remember that the portrayal of Daphne is a reflection of when this series was made (1969-1971). This problem with Daphne's portrayal got corrected in the 1980s. From that point onward she was less trouble-prone, more assertive and more able to make decisions for herself.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytvconnoisseur November 1, 2014

One Of A Kind

You should suggest the show to your elementary-aged kids, simply for the cultural experiment. After all, this was the first incarnation of a long-running show whose eponymous franchise is absolutely phenomenal! Plus, despite having a predictable formula, it has said element in a good way (i. e.: it’s great to make fun of). In addition to that, it’s upbeat, funny, & shows kids how to look cool!
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 6, 2014

I Love It

I grew up watching this show when they still showed it on cable, it of course has the platform, the Scooby Gang go somewhere, there's a ghost or monster haunting the place, they make a plan to catch who is doing this. It's really good because kids can keep track of it and it does teach some valuable lessons, but it is a great show to grow up on.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 4, 2014

Why Can't They Bring Back This TV Show?!?!?!?!

I use to love this show when I was a young child, I still miss the old Scooby Doo's, they are the better ones. The new ones stuck, the classic ones are more original. Perfect TV series.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byBonkersfan1995 March 21, 2013

Scooby-Doo Is A Must-See Classic

I love Scooby-Doo so much! It is my favorite mystery-solving cartoon! It's awesome!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire November 25, 2012

For Preschoolers+

This Is a Great Show for Children.
Parent Written byRoznar July 27, 2012

Part of the childhood

It's a great cartoon show for KIDS, really. Don't miss it! It's a part of your kid's childhood, and your childhood too!
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 27, 2012

Another goody from my youth!

I love this show! I've loved it sinched I was 5! The animation and theme song were pretty good.SCOOBY DOOBY DOO!