All member reviews for Scrubs

Goofy medical comedy with heart; for older teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byikraus484 May 29, 2009

Is scrubs really ment for kids?

I would say kids over the age of ten could basically watch Scrubs. The material may be a little iffy for the ages ten to twelve, but it should be acceptable. younger children, as to eight and under should not be watching it. Now, the maturity of eight year olds and under are lower then ten year olds, because ten year olds learned about puberty already. The show "Scrubs" is got very mild sexual references, intact, most of them don't have any. The language in all the episodes are very mild such as, "crap", "hell", or "shut up", that would be okay for ten year olds.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2010

this is one of my most favorite shows i have watched allmost every episode
Teen, 15 years old Written byzazmopepperz April 21, 2011

The show is probably the best hospital show ever made. It's got everything, jokes, romance, fantasy (J.D. always day dreams) and characters who are real d--ks but are insanely funny (got to love Dr. Cox). The sex is quite explicit, one character, Elliot, often talks about her sexual fantasies but it's not shown. Great show recommended for teens.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjacob0929 April 20, 2009

hil-f*ckin-arious

soooooo funny. language - (Crap, Boobs, D*mn, H*ll, A**, B*tch) Dialogue - (Inuenndos, Sexual References) Sex - (Reference to sex, bedroom scenes) Violnce - (Medical) ages 13+
Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2009

Adult Written byJoe Morris April 9, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered

Not only had Scrubs managed to make us laugh for six long series, it's increasingly surreal moments still mantaining their freshness but it's also got sentimentality. The actors are all a treat to watch - hell, even the sub-characters like Ted the stressed depressant and Todd the sexually confused goofball are all great - I don't think there is one character in Scrubs, temporary or no, that I haven't liked. Every new episode still promises the same quality writing providing unexpected belly laughs around every plotline and keeping you hungry for each new episode. Scrubs is one of the best things to happen to American comedy in years and will hopefully be running for years to come.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybabyg9311 October 3, 2010

awesome show

great comedy:) lots of heart with positive messages. good show for teens but not for kids
Adult Written byChris LP April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

This is a family comedy in my house. We all sit down watch these DVD regularly. This show has the best message any show I watch gives: Friends are everything. Do anything you can for your friends. That's how I have always lived. It's a shame this show is so unpopular and is only hanging by a thread when it comes to being taken off the air by NBC. Anyway, the only issue with this show is sex. Sexual humor is a regular issue with the show and brief nudity has occured on the show before, all from The Todd who is the hospital pervert.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShaxSar February 16, 2015

Why not watch

Scrubs is a really funny show, and is suitable for anyone 14 and above. It mainly about J.D. life, and could be watched by anyone maybe around the age 10 and up of not too immature.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfellaZ August 17, 2014

Super funny

It is like Two and Half Men just with more sex references and jokes can understand everyone i thing
Teen, 15 years old Written bylafaue July 8, 2014

Funny, Heartfelt, but Inappropriate

I love Scrubs. This show is absolutely hilarious and entirely unique. The swearing is pretty minimal and the sexual material is used in a humorous manner, though it can be explicit at times (especially in JD's fantasies or every time Todd talks). JD and the majority of the characters are good-hearted and likable. Even callous Dr. Cox has good intentions and a lot of compassion. Most 13 year olds would understand the majority of the material and find it funny- mostly for teens, though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDragonClaws May 14, 2014

LEARNING

Slight adult themes

Lots sexual idioms, and some sexual scenes. It can get pretty mature sexually, but not so much that it is adult only. Women are shown in nightgowns and bras, breasts are very sexualized, so make sure any younger children understand this is not proper. It's in a hospital so of course there are sad moments and some detail on diseases and other medical concerns. There are positive messages, though sometimes portrayed jokingly. Overall a good show that I recommend for mature 14 year olds and 15+
Teen, 14 years old Written byGhostBunny March 4, 2014

Delightfully funny, threaded with surprising sentiment.

By far the funniest show, and one of my favorites. It's funny, but sometimes some episodes can have surprising amounts of emotion and sweet sentiment. I love this show! You get to know the characters well and love all of them, seeing glimpses of their past and at times important moments of their lives. It's a comedic take on hospital life between a group of friends, and some others along the way. However.... It's got something sexual (either very suggestive or a partial sex scene) in almost every episode whether in dialogue or scene. With this being said, I'd strongly recommend this to a mature audience. It's definitely not suitable for younger children, but a teen/tween is fine as long as they're mature enough.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 January 5, 2014

Okay show, but not for kids

It's a kind of funny show, but it's definitely not for kids- I've only seen the first season and half of the second, and already a lot of the characters have been shown making out in their underwear, so don't watch it's awkward to watch with parents or a younger sibling! Plus there is a character who makes a LOT of very sexual comments.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimboTheErradicator December 14, 2013

Scrubs is good 4 kid

Teen, 13 years old Written bycarfagnov August 14, 2013

Good

good show i am 12 and i am ok with it but most of my friends don't get it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydman09 March 25, 2013

Scrubs

This show is absolutely hilarious but has a lot of sex talk and scenes. The last season was very boring and could of used a lot more work.
Teen, 14 years old Written byellie.me. July 15, 2012

Scrubs

Funny, warm, and chock full of ridiculous antics. Scrubs toes the line of drama and comedy with natural ease and navigates through medical situations with appropriate sensitivity. It's the most realistic portrayal of doctors on television. Each character has a distinct personality and their own specific humor to appeal to virtually anybody. Zach Braff is excellent as the lovable J.D. whose internal thoughts and daydreams provide the series' narration. It's the rare show that's got everything going for it- real laughs, drama, and genuine heart.
Teen, 16 years old Written byelnomo57 March 24, 2012

SCRUBS~~~~~~~~:)

An amazing show that is funny and zanny it has a littl ebit of everything
Teen, 13 years old Written byUhOhSpaghettios February 17, 2012

Best Show I've Seen

A bit inappropriate, but nothing ages 12 and up don't understand. There's a bit of sexy stuff and inappropriate jokes, but you can completely look past it with the positive messages and humor. I also like that you can vest in the main characters like JD and Elliot. It's really a great show