Smart, sassy, sexy -- and for mature viewers only.

Adult Written byyuri13 October 11, 2014

Really?15+?

This series is more graphic than others "Not For Kids" like "Nurse Jackie".Several sex scenes,breasts and butts,frequent uses of Fuck,Cunt,Shit, bastard, prick, wanker, whore, fag, slut, asshole,Alcohol and drug abuse(in some episodes). Rated R:Strong Sexuality including nudity,pervasive language
Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2009

The greatest! Started watching it with my mom at age 7. didn't see any problem with it. Heck, I skipped first grade, so I'm in 6th grade, and you see a lot worse at school!aw
Teen, 15 years old Written byhiyaaaa August 16, 2011

awesome show

it's really crazy like when Samantha tried to orgasm..... but I don't recommend this for kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byFasha Swan August 17, 2016

Offensive

This television show is too offensive towards Harambe. I believe this show is to blame for the unjust slaughter of Harmabe. Dicks out for Harambe.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenc October 28, 2012

AWFUL!!!!!

WHY WOULD ALL OF YOU THINK THIS IS GREAT???? IT'S NOT! IT'S HORRIBLE!!! TAKE THIS OFF THE AIR!
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 November 26, 2011

vey mature show a bit to mature!

a very very mature show not for kids adults and 13 and up only atleast in my honest opioion.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysamdod2427 April 17, 2015
This is all in context. Whilst at times, wildly innapropriate, SACT is a frank and genuine introduction to life. Funny and charming, the show is never gratuitous, but is often Frank. Sarah Jessica Parker said something along the lines of being uncomfortable with the swearing at first, but whenever she censored her charecter, Star always gave a good reason. It's all there, not out of the blue cursing. That said, there's also a lot of nudity. Perhaps best to vet episodes and select a few which have the substance without everything else.
Educator Written byDerrick Strider December 30, 2014

What A Disappointment

Honestly, every time I even attempt to view this show, there's always something to be unhappy and often offended about. A terrible influence on anyone, not just children and teens. This time I couldn't help but inwardly curse the transphobic comments and references seen in a particular episode. The overuse of the term 'tr*nny', -which is an extremely derogatory slur and used for nothing more than invalidation- the phrase 'half man and half woman' not only ignorant and offensive, but also incorrect. Also, the way the three trans women in the episode were depicted was mocking and drastically unrealistic Any of these things said or referenced to in a real life situation, to someone who would be offended for either themselves or somebody else, would earn the speaker a hard, well deserved slap to the face. The whole episode disappointing and thoroughly disgusted me. Other than the plain distasteful humor, the plot is transparent and non-creative, given there be one at all, and it all seems like a waste of time in my personal opinion. This show could have had loads of potential, unfortunately it just didn't leave up to it.
Parent Written bylk127 September 22, 2011

Who cares if adults watch it, but kids?!

I am shocked at the number of young kids reviewing this show. I am a 27 yr. old female and i think the show is an awful display of what a woman should be. And I would never in a million years let my daughter watch it. Talk about setting her up for growing up too fast and having completely unhealthy expectations of what life and love is.
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2010

Horrible Movie.

Not counting that the acting is horrible, it puts sex in an unnatural way.So its iffy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byagainWTF December 7, 2014

Never wach this terrable show!

I was fipping through my TV stations and caught a rerun of this show. I was in need of some intertanement, and it was cheep intertanement. The one eppasoad I wached was full of consumerisem, unhealthy sex lives, very unhealthy friendships and if I didn't know better I would have thought it was a parrody! DO NOT WACH THIS SHOW....
Teen, 15 years old Written byromy97 April 22, 2013

cool

very funny and sexy.. my mum knows I watch this show and approves of it (:
Educator and Parent of an infant year old Written byFosterFan November 20, 2011

Fabulous show!

"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." Those are the last words said by Carrie Bradshaw in "Sex and the City". And they sum up all I love about the show. It says that, with or without a couple, life's great if you have good friends and regular levels of self-esteem. Of course there is inappropriate (and very appropriate) sexual behavior, a lot of swearing and tons of smoking and drinking. So what? It's not like people are gonna let kids watch a show called "Sex and the City". Right?

Great Show NOT FOR KIDS

The TBS version is OK for kids ages 13+ HBO 18+
Adult Written bytlynn228 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byconcatsanddogs101 May 5, 2016

Witty, funny, thought provoking, and warm-hearted

Sex and the City, while it is very inappropriate, is also smart and whole-hearted. Content includes very frank sex talk, graphic sex scenes, and nudity (most nudity is shown during sex scenes). Nudity ranges, but it's mainly bare breasts and butts. Sometimes, full frontal nudity is shown (female and male). Though, a lot of the more graphic sex scenes usually cover all sensitive body parts with the placement of things like bed sheets. Language contains many uses of f**k, s**t, b***h, ect. The words c*nt, and f*g are used around six or seven times throughout the entire series. Drugs aren't really an issue. They've been featured in about two episodes (mainly in a comical way). As far as positive messages go, friendship and female empowerment are the ones that stand out. And even though the four women of this show are very sexually active, they're likable and a few end up being loose role models. As far as consumerism goes, all the girls talk about and spend money on clothes and shoes. Overall, the show does feature graphic nudity, sex, and language (then again, it was on HBO), but that doesn't stop the show from being funny and optimistic.
Adult Written bymoviem June 18, 2015

It can be educational

It have sex scenes and words related to sex but can be educational for kids to learn the process of sex
Teen, 14 years old Written byZebraGal August 27, 2014

Sex mad but good role models

Yes they talk about sex and have sex but they are still great rolemodels. The girls all have high powered couries and are independent. The shows explores the routes girls can take it also shows it is okay to do what you want. The girls all care about each and are great friends. Yes they have sex but it is not always shown as a postive. They do drink cocktails but only in moderation. Drugs are shown in a bad light.8
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 9, 2014