All teen and kid member reviews for Shake It Up

Teen, 16 years old Written bydn123 November 17, 2014

Disney disappoints

I let my 7 year old sister watch this then i realized how inappropriate it is! The entire show is based on realtionships like why does a 7 year old need to be watching all these boyfriend girlfriend stuff. No positive message at all because they are very materialistic. Oh and did i mention the sexual jokes included like the one about dancing in a birthday suit. Im really disappointed in Disney because just cant trust their shows any more.
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2014

I love this show and I think it's great for kids of all ages
Teen, 13 years old Written byMagcon_gilinskysgirl August 31, 2014

so boring

I hate this show...it's all about dancing and friendship and high school! I love most disney shows but I'm so over this show. So pointless I feel like my skull just melts when I watch it! Whenever it comes on! I hate shake it up and I hate Austin & Ally....they both bore me! It's not interesting!
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2014

Decent

I'm not in love with the show, but it's pretty good. In the third season, the girls started wearing short skirts. The main characters aren't very good dancers, too. Besides, why does Rocky make fun of Cece for being dumb? She's dyslexic. On the bright side, there's nice comedy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPiper L. July 11, 2014

Awful Acting

Wow, this show really drives me insane. First off, the acting is honestly horrible and flat out annoying! Disney, please find kids who can actually act instead of screaming out their lines in a high-pitched, too-bubbly tone. You could blame the bad acting on their age, Bella Thorne and Zendaya were only thirteen when the show first started. But you really can't blame the bad acting on their age. There's a lot of young actors in Hollywood who can actually act, so why did Disney pick these annoyingly hyper girls to play the leads? To drive parents crazy?? Okay, anyways, the acting isn't the only thing annoying on the show. All the characters are plain weird and obnoxiously loud and showy off-y. Even Rocky who is supposed to be quiet and studious is wayyyy too hyper and energetic. Ugh. The lessons the characters learn on the show can sometimes reflect on real life situations kids will go through, like not feeling good enough or doing bad in school, but they're often shown unrealistically as they are solved in 30 minutes and never talked about again in future episodes. The characters never really have to work for anything, and even when they do get jobs or help someone they complain about it. Also, some other random things that made me cringe: the outfits are awful. Seriously, it looks like they got all their clothes from Justice or something. (Trust me, everybody stops wearing Justice after 5th grade.) Cece and Rocky make fun of Tinka's weird and colorful outfits, but they look like walking fashion disasters too... And when Zendaya and Bella Thorne sing on the show, it's terrible. You can tell they obviously weren't singers before this show and Disney forced them to because hey, if you have your own Disney show, OBVIOUSLY, you have to sing. Zendaya is just okay, and Bella Thorne just talks annoyingly into the microphone and it's actually labeled as singing. Think Kesha, but ten times more annoying and worse. To sum this show up: I can see why little girls like this show, because Cece and Rocky dress and act like two eight year old best friends. But parents be warned, this show will probably give you a headache...
Teen, 13 years old Written bysabrinaa.n July 1, 2014

Horrible Role Models

This show is horrible. The two main characters, Rocky and Cece, are self centered, whiny, bratty, and unlikable characters. Unlike in some other Disney shows, Shake it Up has no moral, no lesson. In one of the episodes, the girls pretended to be SIXTEEN to sneak into a party to meet boys. And the only foreign characters fake horrible accents and are arrogant and horrible and dancing. Unless you want your kids to be sassy and rude, do NOT let them watch this show.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygmwbmw35 June 22, 2014

GR8 show!

Really funny, and some people don't make any sense, like saying CeCe and Rocky were tramps, and not good dancers, and snotty and mean. Seriously, I couldn't stand when people diss my favorite shows. I love CeCe and Rocky's clothes, they are super cute.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2014

pretty good actually

I used to think this show was annoying but after giving it a try im surprised on how much I like it. Sometimes they like over do and try to make bff-ish moments all heart felt and stuff, but its kinda cute. And plus its a Disney girl show what do you expect? over all a good show. its one of the few realistic shows on Disney, the star's parents are divorced and lives in a apartment with her annoying little brother, so tweens can relate. And its a great tween show, where two best friends learn about friendship problems, grades, crushes, family problems. U should give it a try :)
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2014

LEARNING

amazing

Loved since the first episode
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 January 5, 2014

Not Funny

Here are my issues with the actors: can't dance or act + Bella Thorne is the most annoying thing since Rebecca Black's Friday. Here are the issues with the characters- Cece is basically the "bad girl" who is always convincing her goody two shoes friend Rocky to be bad. Like most Disney Shows, the bad girl is the cool one and this show is encouraging young kids to be bad. Cece doesn't study or care about anything besides bad dancing, gross clothes, and boys and yet she is more popular. Rocky is supposed to be smart but she always listens to her friend no matter what. Both the girls wear trashy makeup and clothes and act like they're 20. They pretend to be a few years older than they are to try and impress some boys who are way too old for them... and they barely get punished. nice message Disney. The little brother is basically a brat and the other two boys are pretty annoying. One of them is girl-crazy and self-obsessed and thinks he's way cooler than he actually is. The other one is basically a swindler who is supposed to be a cheap imitation of a drug dealer. He walks around selling things in his jacket... Finally the two foreigners are just strange. What is this?
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2013

Not the best Disney has to give

The show is okay when it comes to the dancing but the main characters aren´t very good role models because they tend to get everything they want. Also, this is not a typical teen´s life because, honestly, does every teenager dance on a show loved by many people and have twin frenemies from a different country? Also, Cece´s mom is barely ever with her and Rocky´s parents barely ever appear. This show is funny but also unrealistic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr.reviewer123 August 27, 2013

I wrote 2 and under cuz they wont understand it

On wikipedia they said that its for what every teen goes through even though the mainest characters are girls i mean i dont think every teen goes through picking who gets a boyfriend and they made that disorder comment i mean they should just put on the old shows where it was not just main girl characters like thats so raven which was a mainest guy character and zack and cody i miss them
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2013

Inappropriate for anyone under 11

I am surprised that "Shake It Up" is being shown on Disney. This three-year-old sitcom stars two fifteen, sixteen-year-old girls CeCe (Thorne) and Rocky (Coleman). They seem to constantly be obsessed with dating and boys, especially redhead CeCe. Oh, and don't forget how it's clearly remarked that Rocky is the smart one and CeCe's the dumb one in school. Rocky is constantly rubbing this in her "friend's" face. From flashy clothes to 9-year-olds left at home, I find this show disturbing and inappropriate for anyone under 11 years old.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystar87 August 14, 2013

dumb show

i hate the show personally but my youngere sibling loves it , i think the music is cheesey and dumb and so are the dance moves & ce-ce is so annoying and they look trashy. there is a Lot of inappropriate things that younger kids may not understand. the storyline is unrealistic and predictable.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2013

This is the worst show on Disney Channel.

This. Show. Is. Horrible. Don't even bother watching it. Watch Gravity Falls instead
Teen, 13 years old Written byFionna_Lee July 30, 2013

Bad influence.

The show provides to be a terrible role model for all children. The main cast is bratty and unpleasant to watch, and the two main girls, CeCe and Rocky, show an obvious distaste to listening to their parents. It encourages kids that talking back to your parents is okay, which it isn't. When the cast is attending school, CeCe is often seen getting bad grades and saying that she basically doesn't care, sending the message to viewers that you shouldn't care about your grades. Whenever they are in class, there is no respect towards the teacher noted, another bad example. The negative message only continues when they dance. It is seen that the two girls dance for money within the subway, but cry when they only make a dollar. It's displaying a selfish attitude and simply throwing away all graciousness and gracefulness towards anything a child might receive. And the host? He's terrible. He is probably the baddest example on the show. His actor cannot act, his lines are cheesy, and he radiates a terrible aura that turns people off. Most of things he says are stupid and uncalled for, ones that can easily influence any young mind. He is a greedy, conceited fool who I am glad is removed from the show. Over all, you should not allow your family to watch this programme. It's a terrible influence against children and teenagers alike.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazzaBoo July 26, 2013

annoying, cheesy, inappropriate...

worst Disney channel show ever. nuff said.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2013

Don't

This show is THE worst show on Disney. My main thing is that the two main characters are horrible role-models. They are mean, arrogant, disobedient, and worship money. I'm only 12, but I know a bad show when I see one.
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2013

Tisc Tisc, Disney

This show is not for kids. CeCe and Rocky are the typical popular girls and theyre supposed to be background dances and they act like they're the only ones on the dancefloor. They dont even dance, they just waddle from side to side and call it dancing and act like theyre the best girls alive. There is no positive message. They are always insulting each other yet they call each other best friends and their fights are over the most ridiculous things. There is no positiv role model either. Though there isnt violence, they do use some language. Disney, hopefully next show will be a little brighter. Peace.
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2013

REALLY?

Remember when Disney Channel had shows that didn't have a lot of singing and dancing? Pepperidge Farm remembers. For God's sake, cancel this show now. All the girls care about is boys, shopping, and fashion. They even made fun of someone's eating disorder!