All member reviews for Shake It Up

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmartkitty July 11, 2012

its ok I guess

this show is ok but too sugery and over- simplefied. the dancing just sucks. the fact that it give kids a unreal outlook on teen life is the only real isue. when I watch it all I think is "its sooo not that easy"
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiss90s July 8, 2012

I like it(sorta), but not the best show for tween girls.

I started watching this show because it involved dance. The first few episodes were ok. But now I don't think it's that good anymore. The reason why I don't recommend it for girls 10 and under is because the girls are too skinny and always wear tight clothing, which sets a bad example for young girls. I changed my mind about the show when I became fascinated with older TV show (as in 90s programs) I noticed how the stars of those older shows have a better acting skills and better fashion sense(comfortable clothing) than these girls. Now I only watch the show if I'm bored and in the mood for dance. Tweens would enjoy it ,but it is a big yawn to older kids. Even though the show is not my favorite, I love the soundtrack. However there are some positive messages about friendship but it doesn't make it better.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2012

Don't even bother

Many people have said it before me, but this show is awful the acting is off (but not as bad as some OTHER disney acting) First off Rocky and CeCe can't dance. They didn't get on the television to dance. The show isn't funny and Cece's mom is never home and never seems to be there for them plus she is nearly stupid and wears outfits that while aren't over the top are pretty form fitting also the two friends sneak out of the house to go to an adult party and the only way they can get out without the mom knowing is to make a deal with Cece's brother that they must drink water until they pee. In another episode or eptiletisode a teen star comes to their show and cece and rocky try to get in a relationship with him they later see him kissing someone at least 15 years older than him and they find out he's married and is really 21. In another episode a grandma who used to be a dancer makes a comment about being nude in vegas, but younger kids may not get the term being in your "birthday suit" overall it is not worth watching
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2012

I'm Guther, And I'm Tinka, And We Are, SOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

I thought it waz a good show at first but now i'm getting tired of "i'm guther and i'm tinka and we r the hessenhefers." OMG that's sooooo annoying! iz Disney trying to drive kids crazy and also trying make them stop watching disney!!!!!!! seriously disney!
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

O.K

it teaches kids to be dumb. ''cece'' is so dumb and she makes dumb comments. the people on there dance horrible.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2012

Maybe

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!! But my mom HATES it!!! There is some flirting. And also they have a CD for the show.
Kid, 9 years old June 10, 2012

good advice and great roll model

i think its a really good show for kids and grownups to watch it tells the kids whatever you want to be when you grow up you can be that and never ever give up on your # 1 dream and to chase after it
Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2012

Two Thumbs Shake It Up

This show absolutely one of the greats. The girls friendship shows that friendship knows no bounds. The outfits they wear exemplify true fashion, and are cute. Sure they have the occasional mean word to one another but you know I have seen mickey mouse and Pete can be some what of a bully as well. And to answer a later question I read in the title of a review, Disney Channel get money to pay for this "junk" by its millions of tv shows with millions of hits and the movies that millions of people the world over have watched, and thats how they pay for shows like this they also probably have funding and supporters. BTW if this show is so horrible then why is it in its 2nd season of production?
Kid, 9 years old May 17, 2012

kid friendly and fun

it is really good why dont u guys like it most people love it!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2012

I don't see whats wrong

I don't see whats wrong with this show. Okay so Cece acts ditzy but Rocky is a good role model and says good messages there is saying things about guys but I like it
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSKY42 April 22, 2012

oh my bosh

what the heck does disney get there actors off the street i mean come on my dogs a better actor
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2012

A long and true review on Shake it Up.

First of all, I'd like to state that this is probably one of the stupidest Disney shows ever invented in the history of the world. The characters, CeCe and Rocky, are both as skinny as a pole. Skinnier, even. Not a single character seems to be above the weight of 110 pounds. This is sick and terrible. Also, the two weird accent people--Gunter and Tinka (I'm guessing) both are not necessary in the series. Both just get me annoyed when they are really mean to CeCe and Rocky--but that doesn't mean they don't be mean right on back to them. Onto my next subject: Flynn, the younger brother of CeCe. He makes jokes that a normal eight-year-old wouldn't make--I think he's too sophisticated: they should've made the character around eleven. Sometimes he's too rude--they're trying to make him funny, yet he isn't: the only ones laughing is the stupid repeated laughing sound that goes off every time someone makes a joke that no one laughs at. Also, the dancing is terrible. The dancing is one of my main problems, actually. Mainly, the show they're on: Shake it up Chicago. Apparently, CeCe & Rocky are background dancers, yet for some odd reason they're in the front of every dance scene, announcing ever single guest, in front of the camera every single time it's running. A normal background dancer is only shown on the television when they're necessary--NOT dancing terrible dance moves in front of everyone in the back who actually can dance, accompanied by the weirdo people with odd accents in front, too. I'm not trying to offend people who enjoy this show, but personally I think this is an all-time low for the Disney television shows, since some of them have jokes that actually make sense. Also, I'd like to give this show 0 stars---unforuntetly, common sense does not allow this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLadybug383 April 19, 2012

Only giving this show one star 'cause I have to give it at least one star

This show... don't bother. Usually I'll write why I hate it but... no I have nothing good to say. Disney characters are always the same: there's a smart one, a dumb one, a mischievous one, and a weird one. Rocky: The smart one. Cece: The dumb one. Flynn: The mischievous one. Then there's Ty and Deuce that are a mix. Gunther and Tinka: The weird ones. They're also used for hidden racist jokes. Consumerism: There's are soundtracks and stuff. They also have a clothing line. Language: Not that bad. Just little things stupid, dumb etc. Sexy Stuff: Just little flirty stuff, could be worse. Violence: Rocky and Cece have this weird handshake called a slap swear. It's never worse than that though. That's about it. Honestly, not that many positive role models, education value, or positive messages. I guess there is a little but not really.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMryoungprodigy April 14, 2012

This show is terrible!!

This show is probably the worst in disney channel history. The show has terrible actors. The two boys that play Deuce and Ty in the show are terrible at acting. The plots in this show are very unrealistic. No one goes all the way to Texas to dance on the wings of an airplane. The jokes on this show are not funny at all and this show is a bad influence for the young girls of today. Cece goes to SCHOOL with high heels on and TONS of makeup. Also for girls as young as they are they go through so much drama. I can go on for days talking about how terrible this show is. I just don't understand why Disney would choose to air this show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Expert April 13, 2012

Shake it up rules!!

Shake it up is a really good TV show. I have been reading a lot of the other reviews, and parents, i really don't want to be rude but don't you think you are being a little too over-protective?? This show is definitely realistic 'cause i feel this is how a teen lives her everyday life! I mean- bff dramas, they love dancing, boys- i mean, seriously, come on! I know you just want to make sure that your child doesn't get the wrong ideas but really, why don't you watch it WITH them? Because Shake it Up is a really good show and i NEVER miss it!! And all those kids out there, really? Cece and Rocky may be skinny but they are NOT sticks! Everyone has their own issues with being a little too skinny or a little too fat but you don't have to make fun of that. I think that their dancing while not great, is still good. Their not proffesionals! And in the 11-16 age zone is when girls start applying make-up and sometimes go a little overboard. Honestly, i think Shake-it up is a great show and you just go into tiny tiny details and grab the bad parts. Try to look at the good ones like ,Cece and Rocky are good role models as they are always there for each other and would do anything to help the other one out. All in all, give shake it up a chance. I hope you see it through my eyes and how great it really is!
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2012

stupid

LOOK,CeCe and Rocky are two punks that dance for some weird show with a cheap host. They treat money like it is a toy and the plot is lost in a sea of stupid,terrible, and vulgar jokes. Too much makeup, sneaking off ,and STUPID JOKES .The parent is working too much, and somehow Flynn can afford Zombie Sleigher 3? Rocky apparently has half a family,and basicilly lives at CeCe's house. I can't watch this show unless I am super boered or want to see how stupid the next show is. I like how Bella is dyxlexic.
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2012

Call 911, bad show!

I mean, c'mon Disney, this show is anoying. Rocky, and CeCe are very bad role models, and they appear with skinny bodies. The dancing is okay but the music is disturbing. And in one show, Ty tries to find a girlfriend for Flynn who's only like, 8! The two girls can often be seen giving insults or flirting with a boy. The two exchange students, (Tinka and something), are cracking rude jokes and trying hard to make CeCe and Rocky's life miserable. I could give you whole list in details about Shake It Up, but I'm not going to do so. So Disney, listen up: If you're going to put on something actually worth watching, you should really consider making a show that's appropriate for children. And for you parents, I don't recommend allowing your children to watch this show. P.S I gave this three stars because my sisters loves Shake It Up.
Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2012

um.......

its ok, the best thing is the dance moves.
Kid, 12 years old March 27, 2012

Cool show, but not much to it

I personally love this show! There is rarely anything bad said in the show, but the only reason to watch it, is for entertainment purposes. There are cool dance moves and songs, but other than that, there is nothing educational about it. There are really good messages in the show, about friendship, loyalty, and trust. Just don't let you child watch one episode, where Cece and Rocky go to a nursing home. That is the only episode where one of the nursing home occupants, and elderly woman, makes a reference to being a "Las Vegas Show Girl", and "dancing in my birthday suit." Over all, it's a cute show that me and my 4 year old sister love to watch.
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2012

Shake it DOWN

This show is not funny and really boring. Its like waiting for a sack of rocks to move don't bother.