All member reviews for Shake It Up

Teen, 14 years old Written byKitHeart March 20, 2011

Ugh...

Normally me and my sister, eleven, enjoy watching television together. We watch Wizards of Waverly Place, Sonny With a Chance, True Jackson VP, even Spongebob Sqaurepants, with each other and end up laughing out loud. Nope. Not with this show. She's in love with it and normally we get into fights over whether or not it's any good! I've taken ballet and jazz for a long time, and I love kind of 'modern times' dancing. These girls can't dance. And they are just bad role models. Let me tell you a few things on that show. "CeCe" gets a tutor because she cannot do math. She is freaking out with excitement. "Eeeee! I'm going to get to date a college boy!" These girls are like, thirteen or fourteen. The two main characters get out all their money and throw it all over the place and roll around in it and scream and jump around -- and "CeCe"'s mother joins in! The girls are racist to asians. I'm serious, in one episode, some asians come to the recording studio for an interview, and CeCe says in a mock accent "Ooooo. Do dey have Shaake It Upppp in yaor country tooo?" Like. Not funny. That's just being rude. I could go on and on but I'm not going to.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySoulxBow February 18, 2011

I personally hate this

I really hate this show. Now I haven't really watched it before, but it's just annoying. I watch my sister a lot these days. She is really into Shake It Up. The show has gotten highly addicting for her. About every 5 minutes she asks me what time it is. And when I say the time and ask her "why?" she says, "Shake It Up!" And when she is watching it I can hear what the characters are saying. Every other word is a put-down or an insult. And I heard Ty (Rocky's older brother) and Flynn (Cece's younger brother)Ty was trying to show Flynn how to get a girlfriend. I mean SERIOUSLY? He's like, I don't know 8 or 9. What could he possibly know about dating. Plus there's alot of cheap music and the dancing is just awful.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight December 12, 2010

Where is Disney getting their money to make this junk?!

When I first saw this, I thought it would be one of the dumbest things in creaton. Now I realize it's at least 1 step down from that. The dancing is okay, and the theme song's decent..sorta, and I love it that they live in Chicago, but this is what I hate: For one, you know it's going to be just like the other sitcoms, I mean, come on, it's 21st century money grubbing Disney! It's like Sonny with a Chance in a way, except, it's not a 'comedy show' but a 'dancing show' -big diff. Now I admit I love the idea of the mother being a cop, and the two little boys are adorable, but that can't cover up the tragity. These girls are rather self obsorved. I see them often making wisecracks (minus the wise) about people's appearences, and then doing some stupid finger sqiggle. That's not nice, it's not cool, my gosh, sorry we can't all be bone thin and plastic like the rest of you. The girls wear the glitziest outfits, who dresses like that?! I have nearly NEVER seen a Disney channel star wear some regular 15 dollar jeans and a sweatshirt or some regular t-shirt with a school logo on it. The two mean characters (something and Tinka) are from some country I don't know, and are just plain... goofy. Great, so any immagrants that come around and talk like that are going to be shunned...welcome to America alright. I admit some jokes are pretty funny, but 'pretty' funny, is not near good enough to get me watching it. I just don't like these shows compared to the GREAT shows I grew up with, now a bunch of kids are being suduced into thinking "this shows the bestest eva" By the way, their friendship isn't that great, it's tight compared to other Disney friendships, but they're just snobby girls. Cece and Rocky aren't very nice to the little brother (do any of these stars ever have an older or younger SISTER? It's all one main girl and brothers) And yes, I know Cece has Dyslexya, and that was the only time I actually liked the show, when it was realistic. I love the sweet moments they have, but it's not going to keep me glued in if they can't be nice to others around them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNazerinaStarra December 20, 2010

It's sad when people have to look at this show for intertanment....

Wow... what can I honestly say. Well, for one, they constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY talk about "omg, that guy is soooo hot" ALL the time, and gee, their only 13. The girls play with money as if it's some kind of toy, while their are people that would give anything for a little just to put food on the table. The girls are ungreatful, snooty, laugh and comment on the way other people look, they think they're the best thing discovered sinse Michael Jackson. They're mean to Cece's little brother. They're always seen on dates. It's just not a good show. I mean, a few things are funny. But, my gosh Disney, how long are you planning to keep this up? The ONLY sweet thing I've seen on the show is when Cece is dyslexic. The ONLY THING.
Teen, 16 years old Written byemilz22 July 15, 2011

TERRIBLE

This show is absolutely terrible! I know I'm 16, and I probably shouldnt be watching disney, but this show is horrifying and I had to say something. This show isn't funny, and honestly, it's a little innapropriate! Like I said, I'm 16, and I've been watching a lot more innapropriate shows but there are some moments on this show that make even me say, " How did Disney let this pass?!". One thing that bothers me to no end is the girls. They're rude, and materialistic. They're supposed to be best friends but they're not even nice to each other and they get in some kind of fight of every episode. Does that mean that its okay for girls to fight with their best friends and be really rude to them? They put eachother down, and call eachother stupid and ugly all the time!! ON one episode we find out that CeCe is dyslexic, yet that makes it okay for Rocky to make fun of her for not being in advanced classes on every episode?! Another thing that I hate is CeCe. She looks like a skeleton and it really scares me. This is the reason eating disorders are growing, because disney is showing that in order to be cool or anything you have to look emaciated?! Make that girl gain some weight, cause her skeletal frame is not sending the right message to girls!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybobschneider March 2, 2011

Terrible for EVERYONE!

This show is terrible. Can we please bring back the good shows? Even hannah montana is better than this. It copies all other shows ideas. The actors suck and are very overally-dramatic. The kids have nothig to do with their lives. Please cancel it! Or get new actors/ directors/ casting agent/ writers/ plot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAD SHOW!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdvice Giver March 26, 2011

Not the best choice for your child

Honestly, I don't think this show is really any good. The actors over act way too often, and someone always ends up crying, or upset. This show always has one of them, usually Ce Ce (Bella Thorne), do something really bad, but then, somehow, she is forgiven by the end of the episode. Parents are hardly anywhere in the show, and usually don't help the child make the right choice by the end of the episode. In one episode, the two main characters, Rocky (Zendaya Coleman) and Ce Ce (Bella Thorne), sneak out of the house to go to an adult party. In a different episode, Rocky (Zendaya Coleman), back talks the new assistant principal, and then becomes a mix between a goth and punk kid. Complete with the short ripped shorts, leather jacket, black boots, and everything. Also, there is an episode where a character called Justin Starr ( a rip off of Justin Bieber), begins kissing his older agent, and Rocky (Zendaya Coleman), gets a photograph of it on her cell phone, then sends the picture to everyone. And Justin Starr thanks her for it! As it turns out in the episode, Justin Starr isn't 16, but he's 25, and MARRIED to his agent! I don't think that's right. If you ask me, this show isn't the best for children. I think that they aren't trying to replace Miley Cyrus and Emily Osment, in Hannah Montanna, but are trying to make a show that most of the Hannah Montanna fans will hopefully watch.
Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2011

Horriable in every way!

EW! I would never let mt little cousin watch this because of the unrealstic outlook in life, them being both unattented every where they go, and the boys,money and clothes make them seem like they want to be 20. I'm as young as them and i cannot do any of they things they do. AS for older kids bad acting corny humor and low-buget settings will make kids jump for the remote. What happned to you Disney!? But when it come to friendship they have each others backs, but in the most unrealistic ways man!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymocklngbird December 8, 2010

I saw some of the show and honestly it annoys me. I turned it off when I found the girls keep money stashed in a bear, and whenever they got more money they would throw it up in the air and dance around in it. Seriously? And the cereal and milk smoothie? Not funny, just nauseating and insipid.
Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2011

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SHAKE IT UP!!!!!

For all of you mothers who are concerned that their child(s) is being tainted and corrupted by this television series, you need to cool it down. This show displays nothing sexual or inappropriate. Yeah, there is flirtation, but now a days you see that in every show you watch on disney, nick, cartoon network, etc. Disney is trying to appeal more to older ages because they are losing alot of their viewers to Nick because of shows like iCarly, Victorious, True Jackson VP, etc. At the end of a "Shake it Up" episode there is always a moral to teach kids (mainly 12 and up) about how to deal with problems in an everday preteen or teen life. I have a feeling that some of you parents are just trying to pick out little things of the show that you dislike so you can use it as a reason why you're just being stubborn against the show. I am an all A's student in the 7th grade and I've never gotten a B on my report card. I can clearly tell that there is nothing wrong this show for viewers 12 and up. P.S. Alot of my friends and I enjoy the show very much, and find it very amusing. The show was NOT made to appeal to ADULTS!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Fooshster May 10, 2011

WHY DOES THIS SHOW EXIST

Ok, dumb titles aside, this show is TERRIBLE. Horrible dancing, terrible acting, slutty clothing, the list could go on forever. It's really not even about dancing. It's just about 2 teen girls flirting and trying to hook themselves and their friends up with a boyfrien or girlfriend. And when they do dance, it's terrible. It's just memorized moves, nothing original. I still don't see how this show is still on TV. Disney, get smart and air something worthwhile for once.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIGotTheMagic May 5, 2011

Bad. Enough said.

Terrible acting. Morbid plots. Not even funny. Clothes just plain odd. For a show about dancing, the dances are openly sad. NO human being should be subjected upon such torture that the awful Disney Channel stuffed down our throats this time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byO.e April 8, 2011

This show is sick

I really don't mind alot of bad things these days. But when they are targeted at small children, that's when I get concerned. In one of the episodes my sister was watching I heard some people talking. One of them said "Well if this isn't a dream, then how come you were making out with Robert Pattinson before coming on stage?" I really didn't want my sister to hear that. Robert is 24, and they are 13. How messed up is that. I don't want my sister or anybody else to hear those kinds of things. Now the list of disadvanteges could go on and on but this is the thing I'm mostly concerned about.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysavi_01 March 23, 2011

CANCEL!!!!

hate it!!!!!! this show makes no sense what so ever.. should be cancelled by now.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysourcecoderocks September 30, 2011

disney crap

This show is absolutely horrid. The plot is cheesy, the actors overact, and the dancing is just posing. If you like other disney crap, then this is the show for you. If not, well, don't bother.
Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2011

RACIST!!!!!

I think the show is terrible. Most of complaints I have are seen below though my big one is the show make's fun of foreigners. Just because somebody comes from a diffrent counry doesn't mean that the person eats fish heads or anything like that. they might eat some diffrent foods then from here though doesn't mean that they eat stuff like that. Also it's racist just because Gunter and Tinka (i'm guessing) are from Russia doesn't mean that they dress up strangly because I'm half-British doesn't mean I'm snotty and drink tea and say " 'Ello Govenour" everywhere I go, but that's just my 2 cents.
Kid, 12 years old February 2, 2011

I mean it's a show about 13 YEAR OLDS!!! It's my favourite show EVER!!! It's such a funny show!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byThnx August 13, 2011

Read if you don't want to waste 30 minutes of your day

This show kills Disney, nothing else to say. The characters act as though they are 18, living in a college dorm by themeselves. When do 13 year olds act like this in real life. For that matter, when do two people dance around a train station and get put on a popular dance show in Chicago? Another thing that bothers me is the "humor" that's intended for 8-12 year olds. Example "I have a fully charged laser and I'm not afraid to use it." used as a threat. The response? "I've got one too and I'm not afraid to use it either." which is to say, he wants to have sex. The humor on this show resembles something on Much TV, not a kids show on Disney. The actors overact, the main characters act like snobs. Thus show is a waste of time
Teen, 16 years old Written byjadabub February 9, 2013

Not that bad, But totally NOT GOOD

It has potential, it's kinda inspiring, It's alright, but it's not so exciting, again, Another dumb and smart character. Deuce is a weird one, and Flynn represents bad kids and some kids look up to him, The Weird It Up episode was really disgusting! With some crude jokes, they missed it by being role models! Laugh tracks make it enjoyable NOT, Rocky keeps sneaking in Cece's house whenever she wants which is totally weird and I can't believe my 9 year old sister likes this, The Russian accents seem so fake too, The girls act like 17 year old freeloaders that do whatever they want. Non-realistic! They are greedy for money, and want the best boys, Rocky is so pushy while CeCe is so dumb, she makes fun of dyslexic people just by acting like that! I cant even see a whole episode!Not the worst, but keep trying Disney!
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

8O What The Heck Disney!

These girls are CRAZY! Nothing against them in real life but seriously. The role models... TERRIBLE! The acting... 8x TERRIBLE! The girls flirt but thats the least of your problems. The messages are the worst. Just because a kid finds out a girl has dyslexia that makes her cry like she just found out she has cancer. That shows how insecure she is with herself. Kids should be strong about that kind of stuff. The messages sent to kids under thirteen are not apropriate. Whhhhyyyy disney! :(