All member reviews for Shameless

Teen, 16 years old Written bytj123 July 3, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bysandwad January 20, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byBellatrix-Lestrange March 22, 2015

Appropriate for Mature Older Teens

There is a lot of sex, nudity, substance abuse and swearing. The show uses dark humor and slurs quite often. There is rape. There are heterosexual and homosexual relationships with explicit sex (the latter in not present in the first season). The show is definitely not appropriate for younger teenagers. At the same time, there are role models. One of the main characters, Fiona, is eighteen and manages to keep her her five sibling afloat by her various, low-income jobs. Ian is hardworking, manages to get into a prestigious military school despite his background, and has to deal with mental illness. Mickey is the most unlikely character to be considered a role model, but he overcomes life-long abuse from his father and wears his sexuality proudly (in later seasons).
Teen, 14 years old Written byinnieidk April 8, 2015

A really good TV show!

I love it! It's one of my favourite. Teens should enjoy this show, don't stop them from watching it. It's worth it. Come on, every teen or kid knows how to swear. Me and my friends started watching it when we were about 13 and we all enjoyed it. Even though it has a lot of nudity and swearing, I reccomend it because it's so funny, there's a lot of drama and once you start, you will want more and more.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

for adults.

my mom watches it but i cant watch it because of so much nudity and Language.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypennywyatt April 9, 2015

AWESOME SHOW! Great acting & even better storylines. And come on, neither the nudity/sexuality nor the violence, language or drug abuse displayed in shameless will be anything new to most teenagers nowadays:D And everytime there is something new and even more controversial/weird/extreme going on in a tv show, it makes it all the more exiting. I think watching stuff like shameless helps broaden a teen's perspective. Great for binge-watching & extremely addicting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStaceytheNerd April 6, 2015

Violence, Drugs, Sex - that's life

Being set in an extremely rough neighbourhood, I would think the mature themes foregrounded in Shameless are pretty accurate. As I read in another fantastic review, this show actually presents some wonderful role models who overcome their circumstances in their attitudes to life. Its also epic entertainment - well written plot lines and serious issues confronted head-on. As long as your teen can cope with heavily-loaded emotional story lines and won't go copying the inappropriate things that happen watching this show will leave them only the better.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydainkonon March 20, 2015

Show with lots of swearing , sex. It is very interesting to look inside to family with no parents or laws. I watch and love it , but I think this show is better for adults
Teen, 14 years old Written byaboy26 March 12, 2015

Debatable

IMO, this happens to be a great show after you've watched the first 3 episodes but the characters are all different and unique u would never see any other characters like this. The relationship drama is the best and how the kids discipline their father such as kicking him out of the house and ignoring him, it's a great show better than the U.K version (got worse as it went along). Fiona is the only responsible one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMickeyMilkovichBabe August 11, 2014

FAV SHOW!!

I'm 13 and love this show. Even I have to admit I'm probably a bit young to watch it but all my other 13 year old friends watch it and love it as well! I think that once your child is at least 14 they've probably already seen all of the stuff on this show so who cares? Believe me if you think your child in middle school hasn't heard of sex or drugs yet then your terribly wrong. This show is nothing new to them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 January 26, 2013

Ok for Teens

I love the show!!! It's my dirty little secret!!! I won't miss it!! :)
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

i prefer the english version to the american and i watch it some times but not always