All member reviews for Shaq's Big Challenge

NBA star takes focus away from kids' weight loss.

Not yet rated

Adult Written byrosiebean April 9, 2008

Great show

A bit scripted, but you can tell that Shaquille's feelilngs for the kids are genuine. The kids are awesome. A good subject matter that all parents should be aware of.
Adult Written byglendaba_ette April 9, 2008

It's about time

I'm glad that a star has taken issue with the fact that obesity has reached epidemic porportions and out goverment has done little to address the problem. I agree that PE should be brought back into the school system, from pre-school through 12 grade. Junk food, such as candies, cookies and sodas should be banned from all school campuses. Create healthier choices and include nutrition as a required subject in Junior high School AND High School.
Adult Written bynoncentz April 9, 2008

Adult Written byeagleswin April 9, 2008

This was a serious topic for our youth to really examine

I am proud of Shaq for showing that he cares for our youth. They need to see a person who is a public figure reach out to the common teenager. They need role models who can tell them the truth, speak out and help them, they need it. A lot of our youth are careless about what they eat, what they watch on tv, the kind of games they play. I was impressed with this show, I hope that it continue but some of the choice words used could have been changed, kids need an example of using proper language in all circumstances, even when they are frustrated or angry. I am a living example of it being raised in a godly atomsphere, where my parents didn't use bad words. It can be done but the real issues for this show were really good.
Adult Written byswimmerpc April 9, 2008

Adult Written byerod April 9, 2008

I Didn't eat dessert and I continued to exercise

Great show anything said in the show was the reality of life and being overweight. These kids and many more needed to be pushed until they had momentum to do it themselves. The combination of nutrition, discipline,exercise and friendship is awesome. School personnel and Shaq's experts combine for good solutions. A weaker approach would equal to weak results.
Adult Written bysmokeye3 April 9, 2008

I liked this program because the mentors did not try to put a pretty face on this issue. They made the dangers of obesity clear and precise. They conveyed that it takes much hard work and effort for obese children to achieve their goals. They also showed what can be achieved with hard work and gave these kids some hope.