All member reviews for SheZow

Cross-gender superhero makes light of sensitive issue.

Written byAnonymous July 28, 2013

A Sparkly Spandex and a Plastic Quarter Machine Ring to Rule Them All

We-ell... A cross-dressing super-whatever. So... Ahum... A guy named... "Guy" finds a special ring at his aunt's house (no apparent explanation on how it GOT there in the first place), which turns him into a supertasticuberfantabulousspecialsnowflakey superhero. The catch? Oh, there's always the catch. He has to portray as a lady-hero: "SheZow" (lovely name, by the way, haven't heard a name like that since "Power Girl"). So he has to fight nasal-voiced, pity-petty, wishy-washy villains in a tickle-me-pink spandex and platform heels. You could've just "dudeified" your costume, could you? Anyway, the sparkly gender-bender saves the day, spits out a couple hundred cheesy puns, and eats a hamburger- or whatever he does in his free time. Personally, I have nothing against cross-dressers, metrosexuals, even straight up homosexuals. So I'm not criticizing SheZow's choice, in any case. As I always say "Their Mind - Not Mine". But I AM going to take notice on the animation styling and the acting. The animation is stiff, one-dimensional - a paper cut-out of a show. Everything is cheeky, neon, and squeaky clean. The colors are so bright, my eyes are sore. The character's possess slow movements, even in crime fighting action. They tend to "bounce" with every gesture of the hand. It's so... Johnny Test-like. The voice acting is shrill, blaring, and barley distinguishable from each one. The "SUPER THUNDER-SLAP" cries and the "I'm she-perior" puns got old from the first shriek. The so-called villains are too pathetic and predictable to actually do what they boast about every minute. I mean, what do they even want to DO with the world? Are they just bored? Are they just in it for the Twinkies or something? I'm not sure. But I'm pretty sure the government would've taken notice if over-the-top villains are attacking the towns every day. They really expect a twelve year-old girl/boy to thwart off evil/dangerous stupidity? They must have really low standards for safety. To end this review - It's a very poor show with a very... different concept.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBurnedToAsh August 11, 2013

SheZow is SheMazing!

I think SheZow is a fantastic show and I let my little brother and the kids I babysit watch it. Most people get nit-picky over the fact the SheZow is a guy but I love it. It's a really great show and it has the message that girls are as strong as boys. Girls can be the superhero too!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCupcakes1702 February 13, 2015

Watch Powerpuff Girls Instead

If you want your child to watch shows putting emphasis on female characters, skip watching this show and watch the Powerpuff Girls instead. (Even though it is violent)