Kid reviews for Shrill

Shrill Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

First episode? An overweight woman thinks so lowly of herself that she repeatedly has unprotected sex with a man at his request. Good choice? I think not. This choice eventually hurts her — she ends up pregnant. Does she accept the results of her reckless decisions? No. She has an abortion. Is she even affected by the abortion? No. In fact she seems enthused by it. Which is sickening. Let’s be honest. The choices acted out, as real as it may be to some, are terrible. There is no learning or remorse. Nothing. Just a woman (a) taking her body and making a message about being overweight, (b) a woman giving in to the sexual demands of a man than doesn’t love or respect her, (c) a woman who clearly has conflicted priorities, and (d) a woman who will repeatedly destroy a viable life with no regret. Abortion is never easy and this portrayal is horrifically dismissive. Shame on the writers. Shame on the actors. And shame on anyone who continues watching this sad show. Oh, and the cavalier nature of the lesbian roommate is just the bitter icing on this tragic cake. This is a miss for a talented actress. My advice? Watch something else. Now.