All parent member reviews for Sid the Science Kid

Parent Written byParent110 December 28, 2011

Sid the Science Kid - HORRIBLE VOICES!!!

The concept of this show is great, but the character voices are completely unbearable. I can't have the show on in the same room because the voices are that bad. The one kid sounds like a 90 year old guy who's been smoking his whole life. The teacher's voice and the two girls are just horrifically puking. I wish these kids would graduate and bring in a new group of kids and teacher with more normal voices. Can't emphasize enough how unbearable the voices are! Also, the mother is some kind of alien looking creature and I'm not sure if that's to portray some kind of mixed marriage for Sid's parents, or what. But that's another annoying part. I think the dad character is the most human looking and acceptable voice.
Parent Written byRhjijama November 4, 2011

Love Sid!

Sid is a daily event in our home. We sit together, watch the episode, and talk about the concepts presented. The kids love watching Sid and are able to accurately explain concepts to other people.
Parent Written bydougjj9675 October 17, 2011

good show

My kids 3.5 yr old boy and 1.5 yr old girl both love Sid. At first when I watched it with them it drove me and my wife nuts. Now we both love it and actually learn something from it when ever we watch it
Parent of a 3 year old Written bynettlbe April 25, 2011

Super cute!! Teaches different thing to kids and they sing and dance :)
Parent of a 2 year old Written bychikalicious March 8, 2011

Parent Written byJeflau February 2, 2011

Love it! Kids love it! I was shocked at the things they learned from watching this show. The family environment was nice to see. Mom and Dad working together and Grandma there to help out too. How sweet! The only downside is that the kids can't understand why their schools are not like the one shown on TV. Small group with an imaginative teacher and lots of hand on interaction. They often said "I wish I could go to that school'.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bycindyinarlington July 16, 2010

Fun

My just turned four year old loves it. Covers a wide range of scientific topics and makes it fun!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byCarolynT June 28, 2010

My kid and I love Sid the Science Kid

I have been very selective about what I'll let my daughter watch, and she watched NO TV until she was about 2.5. She LOVES this, and I enjoy it, too!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bySunnye June 5, 2010

Parent of a 3 year old Written byhaloudi April 9, 2010

My son loves Sid the Science kid! I think the idea is wonderful. Using real people and family with grandmother, father, siblings, friends and a teacher is excellent choice to teach kids to love grown ups. I think it is better than using dragons, dinasaurs etc. One thing though I don't really like, which is not that important, I can't stand some of the voices like the grandmother. Drives me up the wall sometimes. And I think it is too fast the voices too annoying! but other than that I think the questions are very age appropriate, and the ideas are wonderful. If they can only change a little bit if the hype!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bymeandmygirl March 8, 2010

We love Sid!

My child is 4 and loves this show. She repeats alot of the new vocabulary terms and can explain what they are in her own kid way that shows me that she understands what she is talking about.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bygillieshouse January 23, 2010

I love this show and my 4-year old does too.

Cute kids learn the scientific method in a very fun way. Memorable songs and dancing every time.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byCourtneyB January 19, 2010

I like it, but it can't hold my kids attention for long.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjameehubbard January 15, 2010

lots of cool kids discovery (easy science) and more

This is one of my 2 1/2 year old son's favorite shows, out of three, on PBS. I don't think he really understands the concepts yet; he just likes the kids and the music. I think it's not a bad show to let kids grow up with, though, because along the way they will learn the following: 1) discovery - taking the time to look at the world around them and really try to figure things out through asking questions and experimentation 2) cooperation - learning to work cooperatively with peers at school and on the playground 3) communicating with parents - learning to communicate their ideas to parents, telling them about their ideas and what they learned at school. This is a good lesson for both kids and parents; a reminder to us that we need to be involved in our kids' day (sometimes we get busy and don't take enough time, I think).
Parent of a 4 year old Written bySarahS January 8, 2010

Highly recommended.

Every show deals with an interesting issue in a educational, organized manner. It portraits an ideal setting - the perfect preschool with the perfect teacher - in a gentle manner. Sid's classmates and family are of different racial backgrounds, emphasizing diversity. The sections of the show may become slightly predictable after a few episodes, but such predictability is a plus.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byAmberMarie8402 January 4, 2010

Sid is okay for our little scientist

I feel Abbie gets more involved in solving problems since she's started watching Sid the Science Kid. She loves to explore and try new things just like Sid and his class mates.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bySharon M December 8, 2009

Formulaic, but fun

One of my son's favorites--the reliable (i.e. unvarying) show structure gets old for adults after the second viewing, but it's perfect for a preschooler. Yes, there are good science concepts presented in ways a three-year-old will "get", but the real charm of the show is in the realistically diverse personalities of the characters, and the supportive and loving friendships and family relationships. Sid's small world is not just an interesting setting for curious young minds to explore, it's a warm and safe place you wouldn't mind seeing the rest of your kid hanging out in, either.
Parent of an infant and 5 year old Written byDomestica November 9, 2009

At first I was a bit turned off by the slow-motion computer-animated look of this show, but the content was pretty good. I like that Sid's friends are all unique. One child seems a bit precocious, one seems a bit dreamy, and a third has characteristics of children with ADHD. All are taken seriously and respected, and I like that message. Content is very interesting for my 5-year old!
Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written bysgm12345 October 31, 2009

Great for 4+!

I think that for 2 year olds like mine, they might not understand it. But for ages 4+ it is great! I just wish that they would make an educational show on PBS Kids for 2 year olds.
Parent of a 2, 10, and 14 year old Written bypharesml October 2, 2009