All member reviews for Six Feet Under

Exceptional drama series for mature viewers only.

Adult Written bybdub79 April 9, 2008
Written byAnonymous February 24, 2013

Again with all Content rolled into one.

Not for kids. Not for Anyone. EPIC FAIL this show and I don't like this show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanonmouse November 12, 2010
Adult Written bymborovsky April 9, 2008

It was good but...

It is a very good show but it is not for people under the age of 17. Except Bravo tv is running an edited type of the show. The bravo version I would let my 14 year old watch it.
Adult Written byyuri13 July 5, 2014

Six Feet Under Is Amazing

The series has graphic sex scenes, but they are not very frequent. Every episode begins with a death, the death scenes can be disturbing. Fuck is frequent, Cunt is occasionally used, but there are many other sexually offensive terms. All characters drink and smoke regularly, sometimes some characters use drugs like ecstasy and cocaine. The series was banned in video rating in Singapore, is not recommended for children under 18 years in England, Brazil, North Korea (2-5 season), Australia, In Argentina and New Zealand, the series is only recommended for people over 16 years, Portugal and Germany the show is not recommended for children under 12 years. USA: TV-MA The series is for adults, but if you watch with your 15 year old son will have no problem. Maybe if it were a movie censorship would be: Rated R: Strong Sexual Content, drug material, language and disturbing images throughout. It's a great show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru June 19, 2014

Excellent drama

This show is very well written and acted and it has been brought to life. While it is an excellent show, mature 15 and older. The main issue is sex. While there are multiple sex acts, it isn't too graphic, but sometimes it will show you the human anatomy (let's just say that) of dead people, where "that's" the main focus of the shot. To be honest, at age 15 or 16, you probably already have an idea of what it looks like anyway.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKlyons14 March 11, 2014

Masterpiece

I know this series is fairly old but it had caught my attention. I had just finshed it today and i dont think i have ever been so emotional involved in a tv show. This show has so much symbolism and shows the true parallels between life and death ; in some case heavy and extreme, others fragile and anti - climatic. This show didnt touch me because of the extraordinary quality of the show, but because how much every can relate to these emotions and characters. The show is on HBO, therefore they back away from no subject. There are plenty of adult themes, but done in a very tasteful manner, not for the purpose of shock, but only to discuss real life situations. There is a large amount of course language, and sexual discussion as well as on screen sex scenes (usually depicted with no nudity, though we often see naked corpse). My biggest problem with the shows adult content is the casual drug use often with little or no consequences, because I find that to be the only thing in this show that wouldnt be true in reality. In the end, this show is not intend for young views, but if your child is mature or still maturing, if they are able to look past the show explicit content and find it beauty, it wiil change them
Adult Written byMsCyn September 24, 2012

Awesome.

People who's reviews say it's not recommended for anyone obviously do not except their own reality and that of every person, which is that the human mind is capable of very dark thoughts when tragedy strikes. An incredibly insightful look into the darkest parts of the human mind and broken family dynamics, as well as coping with tragedy and love within a family. An excellent show, though obviously on pause for children. Basically there's sex drugs death and vulgarity, but mature pre-teens/teens could appreciate it for its true meaning. Definitely recommend for adults who aren't scared to reflect on they're own personal darkness. It's sure to give you that happy-sad feeling we all use to cope with loss.
Parent Written byStephen Gradwell July 12, 2012

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

What families should know about Six Feet Under is that virtue is almost totally absent from the show. The characters while well written all have horrible personalitys and do very cruel things to each other. The show tries to make you feel that this is down to the curse of 'being human' but the fact is they're just wicked people. Drugs are not as stated in the synopsis potrayed evenly. The drug use in SFU is experimental (many a time I had no idea what it was they were smoking) and presented without consequence, except that they can make you feel lousy the next day. All the characters take drugs, even the mother. Therefore in SFU drug use is normalised. SFU also a high level of sexual depravity throughout. The show frequently features themes such as anonomous sex, threesomes, sexual addiction, incest and general perversion. Infidelity is a major theme in the work with extreme rows between couples being a large part of the drama. SFU also contains some violence, but this is hardly displayed to excess. The theme of death that carries through the entire show is sure to give kids nightmares and the harshness of mortality is something best discussed with kids and not learned through the nature of a sinful TV show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 November 1, 2011

Fantasy series

not for older teens
Adult Written byhuskaroo October 15, 2011

superb.

One of the best series on TV ever made.Great cast and story.Disturbingly beautiful.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDylan.wilson August 31, 2011

Six Feet Under

Well I AM 14 Years old and I have too say I'm pretty mature for my age but in this show there is swearing, Sex and Death Each episode except for the pilot (well the pilots different from other episodes) You basically have to see if your child is mature to handle this show I dont recommend anymoe under 14 maybe 13 to view this. The show has a good plot line (very differnt) and has good characters but ur child needs to know right from wrong and that this is TV not reality.
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2010

A really disturbing show for only mature kids.

Probably the best drama series out there but it has a lot of drugs, sex and violence because the family on which the story is focus runs a funeral home, and at the start of each episode it a death, sometimes tame(dying in a hospital) and sometimes gruesome(being shot in the brain). Only the maturist of kids(like myself)can watch this.
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009