All member reviews for Smallville

Superman's origin story gets sexier, more violent over time.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyWelling October 20, 2010

perfect for kids 11 and above

Smallville-parent and SmallvilleGrl read my mind... I don't think Season 8 and 5 are good either! Not much to say now that two people already explained it... anyways, love the show! Good role models and good, positive messages. Only other violence is that evil kryptonite rock that is always somehow pretty much.. everywhere!
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Adult Written byChris LP April 9, 2008

Good show for the whole family

SMALLVILLE is Superman for teenagers. I've been watching this show with my son on DVD since 2006. We bought Seasons 1-4 on DVD and watched them all. Then Season 5 was released on DVD and watched that as well just in time for Season 6 to start up on The CW. Now in it's seventh season, we're still there ever Thursday night at 7pm to catch what Clark Kent is up to that night. It's a really cool show. Me nor my son are Superman fans, but this show really makes you like him. It's Superman without the cape and tights, which makes him more human than a show-off crime-fighting non-relatable character from the pages of a DC comic book. This show gets to the emotional roots of Clark making him relatable. It's more realistic and believable. Violence in this show can be quiet extreme as well as sex in the show. The perfect example is from the Season 5 episode "Thirst" where a man recieves oral sex from a woman in a hot tub, except the next second he scream horrifically as the woman bites off his penis. That is the worst violence the show has ever contained. Nothing has ever come even close to that moment in the series run. Throughout the series run there has only been a few sexual scenes, but not many. Out of their 100-and something episode count only about 10% of the episodes have contained a sexual encounter, all of which are pushing the limits of PG-13, but like I said this is Superman for teens. That's about it. Violence = PG-13 level Sex = R level (rarely an issue) Language = PG-13 level Drugs = PG level Message = The message of the show is one that is suitable for all ages, that being always do what is right no matter what the consiquences. Clark Kent's message to all of us.
Teen, 17 years old Written byitisme April 9, 2008

GREAT SHOW

AWESOME PLOT!! Although their is some violence, it is a fantastic show, even if you never enjoyed the comics. Always has a good message, do not overlook this show!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bylanamomkd October 20, 2010

perfect 11

Great role models, great messages; the only thing is the amount of bad things in Season 5..... just too much! The drinking is not a problem; it doesn't change anyone's mind about drinking or smoking... normal, fine hero violence. (hitting, shooting and missing, throwing, weakening, etc.) The shooting isn't a huge problem; Clark is always getting their in time to stop the bullet! Not a huge fan of Season 5, 8, or 9. 9, only because he can't fly, and I think Lana Lang should come back. Anyways, great for kids 11 and above.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bybkute65 November 7, 2009

Ok for tweens with parents

I think the violence is more comic book action, so it's ok. I don't think the sex is too explicit, and you can discuss it with your tween.
Adult Written bycapitalkid April 9, 2008

Brilliant TV Show

Excellent TV show. Yes, sometimes there is some moderate adult content, so listen to the classification voice-over at the beginning of the episode if you're worried. But, very good storylines, well done acting.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySmallvilleParent October 20, 2010

Perfect for kids 11 or 12 and above

I love this show. I think it is good for 11-year-olds and over, or maybe 11 year-olds close to the age of 12. I think that the season 8 should not be watched, because of violence. That may be the only violent season in Smallville. There is normal hero violence, like punching and throwing, but not too much. I agree to SmallvilleGrl that Season 5 isn't age appropriate either. Anything else is great.
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2010

I LOVE this show. It changed my love-for-superhero life! I LOVE Tom Welling too! I hope it doesn't end... I think the only seasons that shouldn't be watched by kids is season8 and season5, maybe a little of season5, but because of Doomsday in season 8, I think that is bloody and violent. All the other seasons have not too much violence at all except for season 6 last episode. but that is the only violent thing I think...
Teen, 14 years old Written bya teen book lover February 16, 2010

Cool for young teens and parents

This show great i love it.I dont think the language is a proplem.know wors then what kids here at school.I think this is a very cool show that kids love
Teen, 13 years old Written byZebra_Girl July 31, 2010

Great

This is my favorite T.V. show, and it is for many reasons. While it balances flirtatious or sensual things, with real life, with saving the world, with a job, with suspense, with some comedy. I started watching this at about 10, and I loved it. Some episodes I feel have no point to them, and 1 episode left me unable to sleep. This show is basically about Clark Kent growing up and maturing into Superman. The basic plot is he is a small town farm boy, who ends up saving the world in more ways than 1. I enjoy this show a lot, and I think you will too.
Adult Written byB. A. April 25, 2010

not good for kids at all. Older kids are influenced too.

not for kids anymore. Sorry, but Clark and Lois going off to have sex before they even got into "the L word" , and Chloe and the green arrow doing it only because it is their "favorite indoor past time." was the last straw for me. This is not for kids!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I was interested

It is a great show for kids. It has great meanings
Adult Written byKormek April 9, 2008

Epic Show

Smallville is an epic twist on the Superman mythology. Great story lines. Great characters. Awesome plots and twists. Nice adding with other characters from the Superman comics with baddies and good guys. Green Arrow, The Flash, Cyborg, Zod and many more appear. Even Supergirl!! A must see for superman fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Avatar August 28, 2010

Fantastic Show, but alot if iffy situations.

Smallville can be very violent at times, there are implications of sex and nudity, swearing is an issue, also in the beginning of the seasons, Lex and Lionel would drink scotch, or wine, even champagne every episode most of the times multiply every episode. It also can be scary at times, having things such as zombies in one episode, vampires, witches, even seeing dead bodies. Whats good is that its Superman, a pretty good role model. Good for superman fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomevkid October 20, 2010

too perfect for 12 and above!

Not too much bad things, Smallville is just like the normal hero movies. (spiderman, superman of course, batman, iron man, etc.) It's the same old content of normal hero movies; just a little bit better. I love this show too much and I am on Season 10 like many people... and I have skipped Seasons 8, 5, and 3. Reasons: 8 - Doomsday, 9 - Boring, 5 - too much kissing. I have been watching this since I was 11... I say 12 because if I was 11 and I didn't know which seasons or episodes were bad and which weren't, then I would have said no. But if it is a 11-year-old who is smart, and knows what he or she is watching, and knowing that he or she knows what episodes or seasons or bad, then I totally recommend this show for anyone 11 and above. If you are 11 and reading this, well then you're all set to know what to watch. I guess you can watch season 9. The zombie episode when Lois Lane turns into a zombie isn't scary or violent... it's fine for 11. Other episodes like the one mentioned above in the info is not good either. The last episode of Season 6, I do not recommend. That is the show that made me have a little trouble getting over. For the ending: too perfect for 12 and above! (good for 11)
Teen, 16 years old Written byMasquerade January 24, 2009

Pretty darn good

This is a rather good show its not for any one under 12 or so but then it depends on the kid. my dad started to watch it and we have been hooked since the earlier seasons are a bit monotonous but the newer ones seem to have a pretty good story line. it is occasionally racy but better than a number of shows I've seen. it just bugs me that he cant fly yet.
Adult Written byCuriousGerbil October 28, 2009

The best Superman story ever (besides the comics of course)!

This is a fantastic show. Now in it's ninth season it is better than it's ever been. This season is a bit darker. There is a fair amount of violence and some blood but not graphic violence by any means.
Adult Written byDrummer April 9, 2008

cool

i love this show because i love superman anyone can watch this show
Teen, 16 years old Written byhocjen February 17, 2010

My good old father

Great show, my father who was killed in a crash loved this show. i think its pretty good two this will alwase be a good memory.