Superman's origin story gets sexier, more violent over time.

Teen, 13 years old Written byZebra_Girl July 31, 2010

Great

This is my favorite T.V. show, and it is for many reasons. While it balances flirtatious or sensual things, with real life, with saving the world, with a job, with suspense, with some comedy. I started watching this at about 10, and I loved it. Some episodes I feel have no point to them, and 1 episode left me unable to sleep. This show is basically about Clark Kent growing up and maturing into Superman. The basic plot is he is a small town farm boy, who ends up saving the world in more ways than 1. I enjoy this show a lot, and I think you will too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffy Rules February 2, 2016

Review #11 - This is a violent show that is plenty entertaining. (NOTE: I have a soft spot for this show because I met Allison Mack at Supanova.)

STUDIO: Warner Bros. Television | RATING: TV-14 (some episodes) (Additional note: I won't be able to think of or hear this theme song without hearing her sing along with me. Allison Mack plays Chloe Sullivan in case you wondered. Allison, you rule!) You know, I've watched the entirety of this show and I must say, we all know Superman lives. But it is entertaining and lets you know about the life of a young Clark Kent, basically from teenagehood to young-adulthood; the characters that are in this show include Clark Kent (Tom Welling), Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum), Lana Lang (Kristen Kreuk), Chloe Sullivan (the great Allison Mack), and in later seasons Lois Lane (Erica Durance, introduced Season 4) and Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman, introduced Season 8), along with Clark's parents throughout, Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole) and Jonathan Kent (John Schneider), also there's Lionel Luthor (John Glover). I've given you all the synopsis you need. Now for the parents' guide: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PARENTAL GUIDANCE SECTION: The violence in this gets stronger each season. ("Pilot", S01 E01) A man is electrocuted by a teenage boy and a picture frame shatters. ("Metamorphosis", S01 E02) A man is shown to shed his skin as he is bug-like. ("Visage", S02 E11) A man is beaten by another young man with a baseball bat and a bit of blood splatters upward onto the man with the bat. In the same episode, a young woman is skewered through with a steel-pipe, and we see blood covering one side of it. "Rush" (S02 E14) contains drug references, as in a man appears to have overdosed and red Kryptonite is introduced, it's like methamphetamine. Season 3 contains a teenage girl reaching through a man's chest and crushing his skin. Season 4 contains a woman covered in blood dead lying on a bed, also contains a man leaving bloody fingerprints playing a piano, and a woman's body frozen, her head picked up and dropped graphically. Season 5 contains a man presumably receiving oral sex but the water fills with blood as the women presumably rip his penis off; another scene involves a man causing another man to vomit blood after getting shot. Season 6 contains a woman being stabbed in the hand with a knife, a man's spine ripped out from a distance, a man being stabbed and splattering blood onto the camera. Season 7 contains one man being skewered through with a telephone pole and he somewhat graphically pulls it out. Season 8 contains many arrows going into a man and causing bloody trickles all over his body and a monster slashing a man's chest with a large amount of blood spraying. Season 9 contains a man covered in blood after being hit by a truck, and the zombie episode contains blood splattering from the zombies. Season 10 contains a man shot in the ankle. There's not too much sexual content, but there's kissing and sometimes sex scenes with bare backs and legs; one Season 10 episode has a strip club brochure that has a strong sexual reference. Language isn't too common, but there's "d*mn", "h*ll", "b*st*rd", "(son of a) b*tch" and rarely "p*ss". Socially, characters drink and there's occasions where Lex is drunk, and there's a man dressed up as Santa who drinks in one episode. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The boy who grows up to be Superman gets an interesting story here. It's interesting to see his evolution overtime and certainly entertaining, save for some filler episodes ("Cyborg" in Season 5 was just boring, but comes in handy for a Season 6 team-up episode). Although predictable at times, my favourite would be Allison Mack. Superman fans will inevitably know the twists and turns, but I won't spoil them here. Clark is persistently a great role model and stays true to his values. Watch, like and thankyou for reading.
Kid, 9 years old June 1, 2013

Smallville is super

I love Smallville, but sometimes I can't watch it becuase it's too scary. I think that Clark is a posotive role model but sometimes he can do things to save others that could put him in danger. Violence is also an issue becuase a lot of episodes have strong violence, smashing thingd on poeple's heads, punching, kicking ect. There isn't much sex in the early season's but as this season matures with it's expected audience and I think that season seven onward have too much sex. Language isn't too bad but from season five onward it starts to step it up a bit. Smallville is great!
Teen, 17 years old Written byJesusLuvsYew May 14, 2011

Awesome!

I love this show! Not for kids but, whatever. This show's action is epic!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 25, 2014

Superman's origins lye within smallville

Smallville tells the story of superman before he became the man of steel. The show has some action and drama. Season 5 is where the series gets a little dark for little kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrobinrunner January 16, 2012

Amazing Acting, great plots, and Heroic episodes!

Smallville is a fantastic drama story of a teen-aged hero going through a series of events to eventually become the man of steel himself: Superman. As the series moves on, the show get's more violent and bloody, and different sex scenes are thrown about seasons 1 through 10. But the show has good intensions and a numberous amount of lessons and morals are clearly shown. Clark Kent and Chloe Sullevin are the perfect role models for teens, and other charecters like Lois Lane, Oliver Queen, and Lex Luthor (in the begining of the series) also express and represent friendship, a major elimate in the show. Different teen-age heroes and villains from dc comics also make appearances like The Flash, Aquaman, Doomsday, Supergirl and more that comic fans are sure to love. It's the perfect show to watch!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCocoChoco November 13, 2011

very un-amazing !

this show was awful. filler episodes, recycled ideas and tons of corny crap. dont even bother watching this
Teen, 17 years old Written byLa Rosa July 11, 2011

The Sexual Contents is an issue !

I can't really judge its quality cause I didn't see a one full episode, but I gotta say that from what I saw on Youtube it's totally not appropriate for kids or pre-teens. There are lots of sexual unappropriated off-limits scenes between both Clark and Lana. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone less than 17 although, as it's basically based on Superman's Story, it has pretty good storylines with great educational morals. But still, the sexual contents based on what I watched on Youtube is a BIG ISSUE. Parents and Adults should be careful.
Parent Written byedk012 April 9, 2008

Overall very good, but some episodes are TV-14

I've really enjoyed watching this show over the past couple of years (reruns and new episodes). My teenagers and I watch it together and they enjoy it as well. Better to TIVO and then watch because some episodes are TV-14 and you want to have the option of fast forwarding or at least discussing it with your kids.
Kid, 8 years old January 12, 2013

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic superhuman TV show but it has disturbing comic violence and graphic sexuality. Some language but rarely. In season 6 it has quite a bit of teen sex. Some teen drinking.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGabe4243 December 31, 2011

My favorite show but has a dark side

Fantastic show. Quite bloody and violent at times, and there are moments of sexuality, but overall, it has messages for the family and a main character most teens can relate too: throughout the ten years of the show, Clark struggles with the responsibilities of his future, struggling with his want to fulfill some greater purpose, something that any teen can relate to. Its also a very interesting show, adapting the superman mythos in a more interesting way than I have seen before. Lots of action that can get intense, but Clark is always there to save the day. Wrapping up the series is a season 10 finale worth the wait. Ok for 14 year olds, iffy for 13, VERY iffy for 12. It depends on how mature the audience is but I RECOMMEND.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 February 4, 2011

perfect for mature teens

this show is perfectly fine for mature teens some episodes you may need to watch with kids others are OK for them to watch on their own
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomevkid October 20, 2010

too perfect for 12 and above!

Not too much bad things, Smallville is just like the normal hero movies. (spiderman, superman of course, batman, iron man, etc.) It's the same old content of normal hero movies; just a little bit better. I love this show too much and I am on Season 10 like many people... and I have skipped Seasons 8, 5, and 3. Reasons: 8 - Doomsday, 9 - Boring, 5 - too much kissing. I have been watching this since I was 11... I say 12 because if I was 11 and I didn't know which seasons or episodes were bad and which weren't, then I would have said no. But if it is a 11-year-old who is smart, and knows what he or she is watching, and knowing that he or she knows what episodes or seasons or bad, then I totally recommend this show for anyone 11 and above. If you are 11 and reading this, well then you're all set to know what to watch. I guess you can watch season 9. The zombie episode when Lois Lane turns into a zombie isn't scary or violent... it's fine for 11. Other episodes like the one mentioned above in the info is not good either. The last episode of Season 6, I do not recommend. That is the show that made me have a little trouble getting over. For the ending: too perfect for 12 and above! (good for 11)
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2014

Violent, dark retelling of the Superman story. Here's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth.

Having just finished Season 1 a couple weeks ago or so, binge-watching it over every-time I go to sleep, it would be about TV-14, which is saying that because I own ALL 10 seasons on DVD, including a bonus disc. Having just pretty much seen Season 1 and Disc 1 of Season 2, here's what to expect:
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2013

Awesome Show!

Teen, 14 years old Written bytvguru January 16, 2012

smallville

ok show too violent for under 14s
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Watch it every day.

Smallville is on at 8:00 on the WB. I am crazy for this show. But I am afraid it might be getting worse and worse. The last few episodes I saw were called Bound,Scare and Unseen. All 3 episodes were rated PG14. Each one had a sex scene. Also in Unseen Lana and Chloe talk about when you are ready to have sex. But still I think the show rocks,great story,great cast and music. You should watch this show!
Kid, 8 years old October 8, 2012

LOVE IT!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2012

Ok But A LOT of Content

I had been watching this until the 9th season, which I couldn't watch because my big brother (Who's way older than me) said there's a LOT of innapropriate stuff. It sucks because I got to watch it until i'm 16 or something. :(
Teen, 13 years old Written byArtpig August 1, 2011

Smallville

(Even if everything is selected.) It's not bad, but, it has it's bad moments.