All member reviews for Smallville

Superman's origin story gets sexier, more violent over time.

Adult Written bytvgirl June 30, 2009

This "Superman" Series is in Fact Legendary.

This show was fantastic in Season One, but now going into Season Nine it has declined in quality. But, even now, it is probably the best Superman show ever made. It has frequent sci-fi violence, sexual content is prominant in Seasons Two through Five and fairly strong, language was a problem in Seasons One through Five, and alcohol use was a problem in Seasons One through Seven. Seasons Eight and (soon-to-be Nine) are the cleanest and most family-friendly due to Clark having his squeaky-clean Superman persona. This show is good for kids to watch because of how Clark Kent always does the right thing in all situations. Bottom line: This show is usually rated TV-PG DV. Ages 12+. 4/5 stars. Enjoy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMasquerade January 24, 2009

Pretty darn good

This is a rather good show its not for any one under 12 or so but then it depends on the kid. my dad started to watch it and we have been hooked since the earlier seasons are a bit monotonous but the newer ones seem to have a pretty good story line. it is occasionally racy but better than a number of shows I've seen. it just bugs me that he cant fly yet.

Teen, 13 years old Written byscrambledaag April 9, 2008

Adult Written byWestieMeg April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

For older teens

While I love this show myself, I wouldn't let anyone under 15 or 16 watch it. There's FAR too much violence and sexuality for children.
Adult Written byHuebel April 9, 2008

Interesting, But Only For 14+

Smallville deals with the teen years of Clark Kent. It often contains sexual themes, moral ambiguity and violence. So it's not for those under 14.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I was interested

It is a great show for kids. It has great meanings
Teen, 15 years old Written bytrilbyann April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byitisme April 9, 2008

GREAT SHOW

AWESOME PLOT!! Although their is some violence, it is a fantastic show, even if you never enjoyed the comics. Always has a good message, do not overlook this show!
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

awesome

i am like a huge fan of marvel and super hero stuff so i absolutely luv this show it has a great plot and the only thing parents need 2 woory about is voilence every once in a while there will be some sexual contenet but that is it. -10 cauiton
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Watch it every day.

Smallville is on at 8:00 on the WB. I am crazy for this show. But I am afraid it might be getting worse and worse. The last few episodes I saw were called Bound,Scare and Unseen. All 3 episodes were rated PG14. Each one had a sex scene. Also in Unseen Lana and Chloe talk about when you are ready to have sex. But still I think the show rocks,great story,great cast and music. You should watch this show!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycatann302 April 9, 2008

I liked it

considering what most kids are watching smallvile is not very bad sure there is one episode that does have bad things in it but most are pretty good they do have a lot of making out but most of my age group sees taht every day in middle school.
Adult Written byCrazy Chel April 9, 2008

This Season Sank

While the storylines are (for the most part) still very well written and have lots of hidden info for true Superman fans, this season has gone overboard with the sexual content. Way too many undressed girls! What could be a great "the good guys always win", uplifting show has started turning into something my husband and I have to look away from every few minutes. Early seasons are great, (there is little or no language, and most violence is inflicted on the bad guys) and hopefully they can get this one back on track. Until then no one under high school age should see this, and even then, use caution.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoccer girl April 9, 2008

I LOVE THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

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
Teen, 16 years old Written byAngie11 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byqueenrachie2 April 9, 2008

This is my favorite show

I love this show
Teen, 15 years old Written bySmallville Lover April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

Presenting... the Best!

I'll keep thi short, mainly because I'm running out of ways to keep my reviews from sounding repetitive. This show has an excellent story-line, good characters, has a good message about 99% of the time, and is addictive as red kryptonite (sorry, I know that stunk). Please, if your reading to find out if this show is alright, IT IS! Some violence, mild sexuality, but this is what I consider a family primetime show. Finis.