Broadway musical drama with big stars, some sexy stuff.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetrae1 February 19, 2012

Musical

I love this musical show. It shows how the process is very long, but once they have everyone in character the show will be great. I love how the music is so real and you feel like part of the directors!
Adult Written bydr dew January 24, 2012

realy good

well i am a guy first off but that did not stop me from loveing this show and i think you will like it too just be careful with smaller kids due to some sexual content and brief mild language but other than those issues good show
Teen, 13 years old Written byyespleasebroadway April 26, 2015

WOW

This show is AMAZING. If you are involved with the world of theatre, I cannot even begin to describe how much this will resonate with you. The acting is amazing, with Broadway stars such as Megan Hilty, Brian D'Arcy James, Christian Borle, and Bernadette Peters playing large roles, the songs are beautiful, and other than a little extra backstage drama, it's pretty realistic. Totally worth the watch.
Educator and Parent Written bynwmama January 14, 2013

Fun entertainment for adults only

Well done and entertaining but definitely not for kids. No role models in this one. The messages are not very positive, many of the characters operate in extremes and make poor choices. That being said, the singing is good and the story can draw you in if you like the entertainment world. Looking forward to Season 2 with Jennifer Hudson.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2013

Best musical show

Smash is a great show. It follows a retired team of writers (Debra Messing) (Christian Borle) who get an idea to do a musical about Marilyn Munroe, and two ambitious girls (Kathrine McPhee) (Megan Hilty) fighting for the lead. Now parents this show does have some "sex" scenes but nothing younger teens can't handle. Some of the songs are kind of iffy too. Now don't get me wrong they're amazing but for example, "History is made at night" or "If you say something is taboo well that's the thing I wanna do, do it till we're black and blue let's be bad!" It's amazing performances, and stars (Bernadette Peters, Uma Thurman, Jennifer Hudson) shine above all the sexiness and consumerism and make this show fabulous for young teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez August 14, 2013

Only for the Broadway fan.

Smash is one of my favourite T.V shows. But I'm a Broadway fan and someone who even wants to be on Broadway. If you don't like Broadway like I do you won't enjoy it or understand it. There is a lot of cheating. A lot of the characters are cheating on each other. Also one of the characters takes drugs. I think it's better suited for mature teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMashenka July 20, 2013

Smash

Occasional adult topics, overall a good show.