All member reviews for So You Think You Can Dance

Dance version of Idol struts its stuff.

Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2010

best tv show in the world!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bylaess113 June 4, 2009

Great show!

My girls and I love this show (8 yo. & 11 yo.) we have watched it for years. My only concern is sometimes the outfits are pretty revealing and occasionally the dances can have a sexual tone to them. Other than that I think it is great and fun for the whole family!
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2011

Worst show I've ever seen

In my opinion, I think it's crazy that people actually like this show!! It's so boring! Dancing with the Stars is such a fun and entertaining show compared to this show. So You Think You Can Dance is very boring and there is nothing entertaining about it. I don't recommend this show at all to anyone.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Dance At Heart

I am a dancer and I love this show because I can relate to the styles and moves their doing. But, they are sexy dances. And sometimes you will here bad words like h--l or d--m but other words are bleeped. There is ALOT of innuendo but what kid knows what it means. This show at heart is a pure dance show
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 11, 2012

Wonderful.

I watch this show ith my parents,and we love it! Great acting,the guess stars are full of talent,the antics are cool,ect.
Kid, 9 years old July 25, 2012

luv it

I have been watching it since i was 3 luv it so much
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2011

Great Show

Once the top 20 are picked, there is much less curse words, anger, etc. Some dances are inappropriate, but that is VERY VERY VERY rare.
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011

L-O-V-E I-T!!! =)

I love this show. I think I can dance but I can not but at least I try!! LOL
Adult Written bybulava August 23, 2010

A good one for Kids, gives them a good foundation.

I'm yet to get married but I thought show like this one would give a very exposure of the Dancing to the kids. Many kids could catch the spirit of Dancing from the tender age and who knows your kid may thread the path towards a Super Star Dancer in the making. But I thing is very clear to me. As a researcher I do strongly feel (in fact, observed them in many countries) that present generation kids do need to be more pro-active into such very useful activities which obviously meant that less time on TV and Video games would be much better to them in many ways. Good luck kids!
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2010

Good show, but I reccomend DVR'ing it and watching it yourself before showing it to your kids. They sometimes throw in the occasional "Seduction" dances. Bleh.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2010

A great show for older kids!

If you're old enough to handle some of the dances and outfits, it's one of the best shows out there. I'm a dancer, and these people show me what some of the best look like. It's a great show for teens and above and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a great show with some of the best dancers. I hope Kent of Lauren win this season!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJourdy288 February 16, 2010

I really recommend!

This is my absolute favorite show (it got me interested in performing arts!) that I really appreciate for it's variety. The dancers can go from classical ballroom one week to traditional African to avante-garde to Bollywood another. There are a couple salsas that could be considered a little... spicy... but nothing ever over the top.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 28, 2009

10+ :)

i can't dance:) i love this show though. but mary murphy(judge) is the most annoying peson alive. and i don't think cat deely is a real name. go karen:) i just started watching season 8 and i love itt.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2009

Perfect for Children

I love this show, mostly because I'm a dancer. the worst words they say is a-s and d-n.
Parent of a 4, 5, and 6 year old Written bylorenaj79 September 11, 2009

Alright for 5 and up after final 20 are picked

Some dance moves are very sexual in nature (Latin ballroom) but it is just dance and it's amazing to see how far people can come with perseverance and dedication. My kids enjoy watching it but I don't let them watch it until after the final 20 are selected.
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2009

This is my FAV tv show!!!!! I luv it!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2009

Kewl

It's a fun family show. I watch it with my parents all the time!!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymumbai62 August 16, 2009

perfect for teens

its really bad
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2009

awsome

best show ever!!!!! this is one of my favorite shows. i start to like it more as it gets to the end ( top 20 or so) because at that point all the dancing is good, no one gets hurt and the judges arn't as mean. yes some of the feelmale dancers wear some reaviling outfits, but no one mentions them so it's not anything bad. all in all wath this show
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2009

great especially 4 dancers

this show is awesome (especially 4 ppl who wanna b dancers...like me)! only thing i dont like is that the judges r 2 harsh on the contestants who r absolutley amazing!