Kid reviews for Some Assembly Required

Mundane comedy plays superficial characters for laughs.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHello221 May 17, 2020

It could be better

It’s kind of weird and not that funny.

Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2020

Boring.

Most of jokes are broken in polish lector like in early episodes he is saying words like Pierdole (f**k)

Kid, 10 years old October 18, 2019

Racist But a little charm

I think that this is NOT FOR your 9 year olds I watched it and idk but it is just racist Because a not really attractive smart girl has a crush on a boy but no one accepts her because she has black hair and they give advantages ALWAYS to the blonde hair girl and the small guy gets bullied around But this is a funny show so if you have 12 year olds they can watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjazzytherazzy March 9, 2019

Funny and had a good message

funny
Kid, 9 years old February 25, 2018

funny

I just do not see what is bad about it

Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2017

Funny, but many stereotypes.

This show was really funny and there isn't really anything except kissing, a man saying a womans body is an hourglass, stereotypes and the boys being obsessed with pretty girls. Although it is funny and appropriate for families, I recommend watching it from about 10 or 11 because younger children might not understand stereotypes. The blonde people are dumb and pretty and the boys are constantly flirting with her and the goth is smart but unappreciated because of her appearance. If your child is mature and knows shows aren't real then they can watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byoOBUBBLEOo July 14, 2017

Fun to watch!

I love watching this show with my two brothers (9 and 11), and my friends all the time. Most people don't like the cheesy writing, or the weird jokes that stray from the reality of things, but that is exactly what I like about it! It is the only show that has characters my age, making jokes that my siblings will get, that isn't just showing me how most teens act. Most shows now days are the same situations with different settings, and too much emotion packed into every episode in hopes of drawing the audience in. This is a great show to just sit back and laugh at some cheesy humor for a while, and not feel bad about it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykhanhi May 6, 2017

Mediocre, stereotypical show

Cheesy, bad acting... horrible messages. The show's plot and storyline is poorly created, this show is a time waster and like eating empty calories. All the character's act play heavily on their stereotypes: the diva, the smarty, the leader, the daredevil jock, and the weirdo. I do not recommend this show if you want your child to succeed at life in general.

Kid, 8 years old January 3, 2017

Good but too old for younger viewers

The plot of this story is about a fourteen year old boy who becomes the owner of a toy company by chance. He invites his high school friends, Aster, Geneva, Piper and 2 more. Piper has a big crush on Jarvis. There are jokes where Jarvis (main character) jokes about what Geneva would look like with a bikini on. Also when Aster thinks of a superhero that stops the evil Gothbird from eating Geneva's blue dress, Jarvis asks if the superhero could come a little after the dress had been ripped off. Also there are concerns about Cindy (the Knickknack toys version of Barbie)'s size. Also where Jarvis pulls the desk up to the top at the Toy's Beauty pageant because he wants 'to see the pretty girls'.

This is a 'know your child' watch. If they are completely clued up on certain things this show well, shows, then they can watch it. I don't reccomend under ten.

But Piper is annoyed about all of this, and hates it when Jarvis treats the girls like objects. But, in every episode, everything works out well at the end.
She is a good role model.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybadabingbadaboom October 19, 2016

Why

The opening song is A+ but the show itself sucks - the acting is bad and the jokes are forced and the laugh track? Terrible. Doesn't belong there. Show doesn't belong here in this world. My sister watches it and I hate it with a passion. Please don't watch this show and poison your mind honestly for the love of God.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2016

Best show ever

I love this show personally. It's really funny and my favourite tv show. I'm really sad though because they're cancelling the show. Last show is on YTV Monday at 7.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2016

good

there is to much lovey dovey between jarivs to geniva and piper to jarvis
Kid, 8 years old July 1, 2015

OK...

This is a great show. Profanity is in the least possible manner, however on the latter, there is romance involved in S1. No kissing but... Still... This is not for 4 year olds who hate love.