Kid reviews for Some Assembly Required

Mundane comedy plays superficial characters for laughs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDogLover727 August 15, 2019

It’s ok and funny but lots of sexy stuff and stereotypes

The acting in the show gets better as the show goes on but in general, it’s basically clueless teens that suddenly own a toy company. It’s sad that people think that teens can’t take charge and do something useful! Second, why did they bring back “blondes are dumb” stereotype!? I’m blond and I’m the smartest person in my grade. It pisses me off sooooo much that it almost made me stop watching the show!! Jarvis is oblivious to Piper’s clear signs of desperation to want to be his girlfriend! In on of the episodes Piper says to Jarvis “Do you want to make out?” And Jarvis says “do you mean make some toys?” He is clueless. Not until the VERY LAST EPISODE does he say his feelings for her. And of course they cancel the show right as it gets good. Aster makes lots of zingers at Piper about her gender, looks, and clothes. In on of the episodes Aster kisses Piper and said “eh not feeling it.” And walks of. Bowie creeps me out a bit. His personality is extremely strange, but is smart. But he has RUINED romantic moments between other characters. Mrs. Bubkis is secretly the former owner of KnickKnack, Candice Weller. It’s extremely predictable but is a interesting twist. There is a episode where the gang where having a group hung with Mrs. Bubkis and she takes Jarvis’s wallet out of his pocket, though after a few seconds decides against it. It shows that she has become more bonded with the group, although she continues with her schemes. There is a lot of moves on Piper’s part toward Jarvis to make him her boyfriend. There is a lot of talk about kissing, taking “measurements,” making out, and dating. I do not think kids below 7 should watch this. They may ask questions about making out and other things that you maybe don’t want them to know about yet. Overall the show is funny, but the stereotypes get better if they ever decide to continue the show.

Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2016

This Sucks!

Tried the show and couldn't get through it because of the bad acting, the bad jokes, and the overall style of the show. It gets really annoying and the main character's best friend's face haunts me. I hated the show. Don't watch it if you love life because it might kill you with cringe.
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2020

Funny show

All of the adults are hating on this show, but they have to see it in a kid point of view, the way they displayed the show, kids, see this type of show everywhere (I know you guys are mad be the blond girl, but that type of character is in all kid shows). Also most kids shows do not have learning, in them.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2020

The bad acting

You wanna know why it's so funny? The bad acting! It's hilarious when they are in a tough spot and the bad actors try to say something serious. The teens are so gullible, they think that Mrs. Bubkiss is a real person, and she speaks in a real language. So dumb!

Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2016

Most stereotypical show I've ever seen

I was immediately drawn to this show after watching an episode or 2. It's funny, but I am mad at myself for thinking this. I wish I hadn't watched it. Good plot though

Teen, 17 years old Written byN.I.C.O May 19, 2020

I love this show

This is a good show because there is a mix of Drama and Comedy it is one of the best shows I have seen and I watched it when it first came out I watched the first season in one day then I had to wait like a year for the second season to come and I watched the second season in one day so it is honestly one of my favorite shows

Kid, 8 years old May 17, 2020

no and why

its SO BAD. why does this exist? NO to this! they are so mean. I hate it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJusthereboi October 10, 2019

Good

It’s really good I have no clue why it has such horrible ratings
Kid, 9 years old September 23, 2019

FairlyDecent

a little stereotypical but there was a funny joke about the song What Does The Fox Say some silly jokes and a cliff-hanger end
Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2019

Sterotypical

This show is stereotypical: there's the unattractive goth girl, the daredevil, the dumb, pretty blond, the creep. It is an addictive, funny show, but the jokes are often about "pretty girls" or "how no one likes the goth girl." There is some kissing and crushes, and often the boys talk about how good girls look in short skirts. Okay acting, bad music. It's potential wasted. It is good for little kids who don't get stereotypes, though.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2019

Good, but some stereotypes that are pretty funny

Show overall is very comedic and nice. Some love, but nothing toxic. Main stereotype that may be offensive is blondes being stupid. But, overall great show that is funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaosborn317 August 30, 2020

Why does this show even exist?

This show is so bad, don't even bother watching the preview. My younger brothers love this show and frankly I don't even know why. I don't think that I've ever seen a show with worse acting than this one. The jokes are awful and inappropriate. Shows like this get more popular each day and they have a bad impact on kids. Your better off watching a PBS masterpiece show with educational value and much better acting.

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2020

Favourite

This is my favourite series at the moment and I love how it is. It's extremely funny, and I appreciate it a lot. There is some romance stuff, like for example, in one superhero episode, a girl is supposed to eat clothes of a model, and a superhero comes in. Then one person asks the storyteller if maybe the superhero came in a tiny bit after the villain ate the clothes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKungfuHeart July 17, 2020

Really Funny!!!

This TV show is awesome, my whole family loved it. The characters are funny. Everyone has a different personality, and the toys the team comes up with by the end of each episode are pretty cool and funny.
I think the cast acted great and I wish there were more than 3 seasons. I honestly don't know why there are that many bad reviews for this show. And though other reviews say it's a little lame, I think some jokes get funnier when they're like that. Some reviews also say that it's stereotypical, and it is a little, but any kid watching this TV show would know not to keep them as a real big role model, right from the first episode. Anyways, in a nutshell, if you like toys and a good laugh you should definitely watch this........ :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byThedoglove July 1, 2020

Hate it

It is stupid and the acting is trash
Teen, 15 years old Written byVulpixel June 26, 2020

Pretty bad

The characters are probably the flattest, most one dimensional I’ve ever seen. The more interesting ideas in the show get ruined by the bad acting, script, and characters, which make the show more unrealistic than it already is. Even though some of the things that happen are funny, it just feels too lackluster to care. The plot makes no sense of course, but that doesn’t matter as much as it’s a comedy.

A few of the reviews have pointed out that a lot of shows have characters like these, and it shouldn’t be an issue. However, I disagree. It’s okay to use stock characters sometimes, but this show doesn’t do anything to add any depth to them. You basically learn everything you need to know about them in the first episode.

I’ll give it points for having some funny ideas. I’ve read that comedy is about situational humor, and I think that the things that happen to them are hilarious. It has potential, and although I hate the characters, there’s a lot of unique ideas in the plots. I just wish I cared enough about the characters to root for them.
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2020

pretty good

First off i don't see what is so bad about Bowie's face.
Second the show is fine there are stereotypes but not as badly as other shows and anyway all shows have some stereotypes.
It is a OK show.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySeasonedViewer June 15, 2020

Who approved this?!

I never knew what this show was about until I watched one episode too many. First, the characters are absolutely terrible. The only decent character is probably Piper, but she is constantly being called ugly. Then, Jarvis who is really dumb and has no growth or development in his three years. He really doesn’t do anything. Then, Geneva who is annoying and a bad representation for all young girls. Aster is just annoying with his voice and constant put downs. Bowie’s only redeeming quality is the fact he is loyal to Jarvis. Knox is just an idiot, who has nothing going for him. I hated how sexist this show was, and they failed to understand there is no place for that in the modern world. I wished Piper had stood up for herself, but was bullied by her “friends” for too long. The relationship between Jarvis and Piper could have gone in so many better directions. The whole “I love you” thing was cheesy, and could have been a very touching moment. Instead of dropping possible hints during the second season, it made no sense he was suddenly crushing on her. And it could have been really insensitive if Candace’s Mrs. Bubkis was from a real place. She was appropriating culture and butchered a language. I honestly wish they had a serious moment between Piper and Jarvis, telling her she wasn’t ugly, and shouldn’t let anyone tell her that. Honestly, it really makes you think, how horrible does a pitch have to be, until we get a steaming trash pile as this. If you want your children to grow up with strong values and learn from what they watch, then use this to show that every line coming from the boys doesn’t belong in this world. The acting was pretty horrendous, especially Jarvis’s extra facial expressions and the way the show was written. I admit I laughed a couple times, but then again, I never go to bed at reasonable hours.
Teen, 13 years old Written by234chickgeek May 21, 2020

It’s not that bad

I think the show is fine. Everyone is angry about the blonde girl even though this type of stereotype was in almost every movie,book, and TV show when I was seven. Also the characters are dumb and sometimes weird but that’s what makes the show funny. To all the people saying that they want to see more of the show my dad found it on Amazon video(another streaming network where you can watch movies).It’s not that bad for kids because (spoiler ) they knew it was Candace in a fat suit the whole time! And Jarvis states at the end of season two that he liked the goth (piper) because she was smart, different, and beautiful. To all the people saying the show is racist let me tell you that you don’t know the definition of racist. Racist means that someone discriminates others because of a slight difference such as race. Making fun of height, and hair color is not racist. I’m going to say this one more time the blonde stereotype is not as terrible as you think. My eight year old brown skin sister knows she is beautiful her own way and that the show is just playing around. I watched the first episode with my sister and showed it to the rest of my family we knew these stereotypes were not harmful because these days children know they are all amazing the way they are and don’t have to fit into this worlds image of cute. Lastly the only reason they chose the cleaning person was not because she was cute as they stated. It was revealed in the last episode (of season three on Amazon video)that they KNEW IT WAS A COSTUME.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHello221 May 17, 2020

It could be better

It’s kind of weird and not that funny.