All member reviews for Soul Eater

Formulaic anime is violent but interesting.

Teen, 17 years old Written byanimeotaku7 July 31, 2014

not that bad...

kids that can handle fighting can handle this amazing anime
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatknewthat July 20, 2014

I love this

This series is my favorite, but it is definitely not for little kids. It has blood, language, and nudity, so you have to be able to take that.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuper Fangirl June 27, 2014

not as bad as some say, its a great show for teens and tweens :)

I love this show, I am a 13 year old girl. It isn't for young kids under 12 but isn't as explicit as some say it is. It contains some blood, but it's not very gory, and cool actions scenes, and the occasional sex references where the show sees fit. There is nudity in parts but nothing is shown and the characters cover it up mainly, and it is generally used for comedy because of the characters reactions to seeing someone nude. It contains some questionable moments, such as the boob grab in episode 3, Steins attempt to scare Maka by threatening to dissect her, and spirits frequent visits to a swanky bar, but nothing majorly bad is shown or mentioned. Since this is a show aimed at teenage boys it does contain moderate violence, but in the form of cool battle scenes and comical slaps, including the famous "Reaper Chop", it is appropriate for mature kids and kids old enough to appreciate this kind of slightly dark, funny action show. It is an amazing show, don't listen to the people who tell you it isn't! :) (just my opinion don't get annoyed at me)
Teen, 13 years old Written by4712Lily June 22, 2014

Soul Eater

It just fine for twelve, probably not under twelve tho. There is a lot of violence and some sexual stuff but nothing serious. It's a really good show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimationLover June 12, 2014

Great show for teens

The show has a good message about teamwork, but there is a lot of questionable moments that might not be suitable for kids under 13. There is a lot of blood and there are quite a few sexual situations in the first couple of episodes.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2014

Very good!

While there is some violence and partial nudity, Soul Eater is still a very good show. The action is exciting, the characters are intriguing, and the pacing is great. Women also often have large breasts, which ties in which the nudity part. However, nothing explicit is shown. While there is inappropriate content, there are actually good role models. The 'weapons' are loyal to their 'meisters', and are actually willing to die for them. They stick together in every tough situation. Overall, Soul Eater is an interesting thrill ride!
Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2014

Its good

On the last episode a girl in it maka said that everyone has bravery and i kept that in my head and then I went to cedar point and got on a huge ride and was thinking about what she said and it made me fell good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMichael D. Jordan February 8, 2014

Not for kids age 12 and under

i call this NC-12.
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2013

ok for kids

well its a little #s and vileonce and black star and maka and death the kid do make positeve role models to never give up and stuff to make kids feel good about themselves
Teen, 13 years old Written byNo Refills November 20, 2013

A very creative series that's best for teens

I'll get to the point by saying that the series is not nearly as bad as most of these reviews may make you assume. It's more than safe for kids 13 and up, and, in fact, is likely written specifically for this age group. I'll start with what most people on here make the biggest deal about; the sexual content. Honestly, most of the content is from the first episode of the series, which features a practically naked witch, and some innuendo-jokes. Most of the other episodes only have minor jokes about this subject. (As for the scene with a character pulling up another character's shirt, there is absolutely nothing sexual about the scene. No references are made at all to strip[ping or anything like that during said scene. In fact, it's a very short scene, meaning that if you must, for some reason, skip it, you could simply cover eyes.) The violence is much more prominent, although it's not worse than what kids usually see in their war video games. Basically, there's alot of Blood; not to worry, though, as nobody ever really dies. They recover. The language is simply things that middle-schoolers hear every day, such as a**, da**, or bast***. The series is very reliant on teamwork, though, and Maka is very good role model, as she is very mentally strong, and fights for what she believes in. Totally safe for any 13 year old!
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2013

Wonderful anime. For mature kids ranging from 11-13 and up.

Yes, Soul Eater can be semi-violent (blood) and can use some curse-words (nothing too bad) but it is a great anime and I think parents shouldn't restrain their kids from watching it. Parents may want to be cautious from a couple things, (smoking, violence [only blood/no real gore], and semi-sexual content [barely]) but if you know your child is mature enough to watch it, let them! It's really up to you, parents, to decide if your child is mature enough to know never to do any of these (bad) things and to let them just watch the hilarious anime. There is, however, a lot of teamwork that demonstrates how important working together is and how girls aren't always weaker than boys (only really stupid 7-year-old's think that boys are always better though) and don't always need to be over-protected.
Kid, 11 years old September 20, 2013

Really good, but...

Really good, but has long sequences of blood and stuff. Only for mature teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGabiey August 31, 2013

Great Show

This anime is one of the best anime I have ever watched. The animation, comedy, characters and concept (what the show is about) make the show very interesting. People seem to think that this show is terrible for kids but actually it is very good. I have my own guide lines to follow when I watch any anime. If this show didn't follow those guide lines then I wouldn't have watched this show in the first place. Yes there is nudity. No it doesn't show anything but it does suggest that characters on screen are seeing what we aren't seeing. This is what I would like to call implied or suggested nudity. Yes there are some bad words. No it is not outrageous or extreme. Yes there is blood and violence. Ummm.... hello its Shonen. Shonen is meant to be for boys and boys tend to like action its not a crime to include blood when a scythe, guns and other various weapons are being swung around. If you don't like it don't watch it that is all I have to say.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzombee_babe August 11, 2013

Awesome Anime

Soul Eater is defintley in my top 10 favorite animes of all time. I think it has one of the best story lines and plots. The only thing that really dissapointed me was that the anime stopped right in the middle of where the manga was getting good. Other than that I would recomend this anime to anyone
Adult Written bychristian2011 July 21, 2013

Truly one of a kind anime with unique design and interesting plot/characters.

Soul Eater may be somewhat similar to fantasy/supernatural anime like Bleach and Gintama, but features a more cartoonish/androgomous design, which doesn't take away from the surprisingly interesting storyline and funny yet likeable characters (Maka, Soul, Chrona, Dr. Stein, Death The Kid). It's about a young teen girl named Maka who goes to the prestigious Death Academy to learn and become an experienced "Soul Eater" with her friend, Soul, a teenage boy who transforms into a death scythe - her primary weapon. Their goal is to consume 99 souls, and are obligated with completeing multiple dangerous missions to obtain them. One of the main antagonists is Medusa, a highly evil treacherous witch who experiments on multiple human beings in order to gain additional firepower to aid her in her desired goals, even to the sinister extent to using her own son for her selfish motives. While Soul Eater may appear kid-friendly, it's an anime mostly recommended for teens and up, due to the violence (there's blood, torture, implied gore), profanity (d*mn, h*ll, b*stard), adult humor/themes with nudity and sexual references/dialogue, also with some drug use (drinking and smoking). There are some tragic and emotional moments shown throughout the anime, which some main characters meet their unfortunate fate - not spoiling!
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2013

Different feelings for different people

This show is overall a good show. For me, I'm 12, and I liked it a lot. It's very funny, and the main characters never give up, which is a good message. But, there is violence and blood. If you are squeamish or not comfortable with it, it may not be a good show for you. Example: the moon, and the show itself has a creepy atmosphere. Also, the ending vs. the main antagonist and the many fighting scenes.there is language in this show. The English dub does not have as much dialogue as the English sub. This show is a bit provocative, but it happens more in the beginning of the series, like with Blair and Stein. The weapon forms do have the human weapons nude, but only collarbone up. Some characters have bulging breasts, but its mostly covered completely except for Arachne and sometimes Blair. Stein and spirit smoke, but you should know not to smoke anyways. Their is a bar that spirit goes to, but that occurs rarely throughout the series. Overall, it's a good show, but it depends on what you like.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

BEST ANIME I'VE EVER SEEN!!

With 51 episodes total, this is a GREAT anime, but not suitable for everybody due to violence, strong language, cigarettes, dark themes, etc. Soul Eater is mainly about 7 teens that attend the DWMA (Death Weapon Meister Academy). Run by the one and only, Shinigami-Sama (Lord Death). The students are divided into 2 seperate classes, the Weapons, are students that can transform into weapons, and the Meisters, are the students who weild the Weapons in battle. Each student has their own weapon or meister partner. The students are to collect 99 Kishin (Kee-shin) egg souls and one witch soul to become a Death Scythe (a weapon used by Shingami-Sama/Lord Death). The school has 1 main goal, which is to keep a Kishin from ever being created again. Main Characters (listed with correct meister/weapon partner) Maka Albarn (meister) and Soul Eater Evans (weapon) Black*Star (meister) and Tsubaki (weapon) Death The Kid (meister) Liz Tompson and Patty Tompson (weapons)
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2013

Ok

I think it's awesome Im 11 now but I started watching it at age 9 it has partial nudity but not too much and it really doesn't show anything the gore in it is stupid and unrealistic it has bad words like dam and stuff but I'm sure 9+ are old enough in fact I showed my 2 year old sister
Teen, 13 years old Written bycherryblossom4224 May 21, 2013

All a matter of maturity

Honestly, this is the best anime I've watched in a while. While googling something about it, I came across this review, which I feel is missing some of the positive sides of the show. Soul Eater has a strong message of teamwork and sticking with those you love. The main character, Maka, is also very capable of handling herself and confident, unlike most pitiful, damsel-in-distress love interests in anime. However, I do realize that it sends a bad message about Maka not being able to forgive a father after he ruined his relationship and caused a divorce. This didn't really affect me, as frankly I am in the same situation as Maka with my father (it actually made me feel a bit better having one of my favorite characters go through the same thing as me). But it may be a bad message for younger viewers with a good relationship with their fathers; they may view disliking their father as "cool." But that's probably taking it to an extreme. ;) Yeah, cussing, but that depends on the kid. Personally, I have been exposed to countless bad words from countless people (in real life and on tv, internet, movies, etc.) but I know that I am better than to cuss. But obviously not all kids can do that. And yes, violence. Honestly the blood is not even realistic, so the gore is not really the problem. It's more the act of hurting others that may bother you. With the exception of the episode where the kishin is released and there is a disturbing scene in which he, er, puts back on his skin. Ahem. So basically, if your kid is mature enough to handle cartoon blood and cussing (worst word I've heard is d*mn), they can handle this show. Peace out! (that was lame)
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2013

Awesome show

I think that soul eater is a fun and cool show. I have the whole series and I love it. Although there is a lot of violence and some inappropriate scenes , it is a very entertaining show. Also parents should read what it's about before letting there child see it. I find this show to be awesome funny and it gives a great lesson not only bravery but trust in friendship!! Hope this helped a lot!!!