Formulaic anime is violent but interesting.

Teen, 13 years old Written byripstar32 June 10, 2016

Fantastic

I think it was truly awesome it did have a little nudity but there was nothing serious that was shown its not like some other animes that are real nasty it has some good content to though and it is funny I am 13 and I think you should be my age to watch this because there is some violence and some things may cause the wrong approach on young children it is real good though
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2016

Great show

I loved this show, but there is a lot of violence. There is also some sexual content in some episodes. Boys constantly get nosebleeds in some episodes. Other than that, I loved the show and I think it is perfect for teens.
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2016

Soul Eater

This is a shounen(aimed for boys) anime but I think that it can be enjoyed by both genders. I first started watching Soul Eater when I was 9 or 10. I was that type of girl who didn't mind violence and some sexual content. There is violence and blood but nothing too bad like gore. There is some fan service. There is some nudity but not full nudity. It's usually covered up by some bubbles or clothes covering that area. Also, there is no sex in this series. There is the use if alchohal and smoking but only some of the adults do that, not the kids. I would suggest that whoever is going to watch Soul Eater, knows that alchohal and smoking is bad for you already. There is cussing, but nothing strong. The swear words used from what I can remember are d@nm d@#*%it, h3*# and @zz. There are some good messages in this anime. There is this one scene where a character named Maka, becomes friends with another character named Crona, who was once evil and was used by his mother. The character in this series care deeply for there friends and are even willing to kill themselves for the other person. The characters are memorable and its hard to choose a favorite. I probably should have put this in the beginning but I'm going to talk about the plot. So basically the story is that there are 3 main groups(Maka and Soul, Tsubaki and Black*Star, and Liz, Patty, and Death the Kid or Kid for short) and they have to collect 99 kishin souls(an evil soul) and 1 witch soul. But after a couple of episodes, they just completely throw that out the window and focus on different things. The ending was... ok I guess? I won't spoil anything but if you have watched it before, you know what I mean. Overall, the anime was AMAZING and its my favorite anime of all time. The characters are memorable like I said before. The opening and endings are also pretty good! I think that you should try to watch it if your parents let you. I also forgot to mention, if you do plan to watch Soul Eater and you are of the younger audience, I would get your parents to watch the first few episodes of Soul Eater for approval. Forgot to mention again, you should watch depending on how mature you are. I also wonder if anyone made it to the bottom.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnime lover 2 March 9, 2016

Eccchi, Violence and horror!

Soul Eater is quite famed for its harem and ecchi ( sex/sexual) scenes. Especially from the cat girl Blair who wears slightly revealing outfit, sometimes reveals herself naked to the boy characters who often nosebleed and sometimes pushes the main character Soul into her boobs. Be warned although soul eater can be quite childish in some takes this series has quite horror and gothic themes from the idea of ki shins ( evil souls), to the shinigami ( death God/ death spirit), to the smiling moon which in this universe often has blood poring out of its mouth , to the creepy laughing sun to eating human souls to the idea of witches , insanity and other immortal creatures. Soul Eater can also be exceptionally violent even in comical moments like nosebleeds to when the characters are fighting, there is a little language used like ' crap', 'bitch' and ' shit' however of what I can remember of watching Soul Eater the language doesn't really go any more explicit than this. Soul eater like many anime series's is based upon the original manga which is a little more explicit than the original but not too bad. There are many influential characters in this show ranging from Tsubaki showing no one is truly weak to Stein who proves sanity is still reachable within sheer madness.
Kid, 11 years old March 4, 2016

Very good anime

Soul Eater is a very good anime. Although many people say 15 or so I would say 10. I know a nine year old who finds this hilarious. Also there is a bit of nudity but saying kids start health class at age 10 then they already see what adults don't want them to see so it's less of a big deal. Also I didn't notice that some people thought the cussing was bad because in school kids start swearing and hearing foul words at a young age. Overall I think it would be up to the family standards but still it's a great anime.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNerdy__Erenn March 3, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byCursed Wings February 21, 2016

From an almost 13 year old girl

I would just like to say that I am used to blood and gore, so maybe you parents won't approve... I watched Soul Eater when I was twelve, and I loved it. I had my doubts when I started watching the first episode, but I kept watching and I did not regret it one bit! Okay, so for the parents that really care for their children, and don't want them to be "scarred for life" or something, all I have to say is that, if you're okay with all the witches (except Medusa and Arachne) dressing like Victoria Secret models, then it's fine. The only thing that most people worry about is the, err, "nudity" of sorts... *Slight spoiler* So, in the first episode, Soul and Maka are sent to get their final soul, a witch's soul. They "meet" their target by Soul jumping through her bathroom window, seeing the "witch" naked, and Soul having a nosebleed and screaming "BOOOBS!!!". Most parents would be uncomfortable for their children to watch this but trust me, it's fine! The first third of the series or so, is playful and fun. Death the Kid pretty much dying because his hair was asymmetrical, Black Star attempting to, ahem, "assassinate" Kid because he "Can't have rumours about anyone but himself passing around the school", Soul, always talking about being "cool", the super hawt (in my opinion, don't judge me) guy, the musician that played piano in his insanity, the fabulous as all hell demon weapon of Maka, Maka being a total bad*ss and kicking butt whilst also being top of her class, mastering Genie hunter AND Kishin hunter, Patty being the adorable airhead she always is, Liz, the fashionista, being the one to freak out or sweat drop when her meister, Kid, does something reckless or criticises anything asymmetrical, And finally, Tsubaki, the lovely, caring demon weapon that everyone loves, who tries to make the most out of any situation... These seven crazy people all make one awesome show, I'd say that Maka and Tsubaki are great role models, Maka always studies hard for her tests, and Tsubaki is a kind and gentle person... But after the fun, comes the seriousness... I've read on Wikipedia that the story deviates from the original path in the anime. *Spoiler* Apparently, in the manga, one of the characters, Crona Gorgon, goes insane after killing the witch Medusa. I don't blame him though, she DID perform experiments on her own child. YES, Crona was her kid, she put Ragnarok, the Black Blood/Demon Sword IN him. As blood. Messed up, right? But what's a good story without some insanity? *Spoiler* But in the anime, Medusa tries to convince Doctor Franken Stein, to join her in her research. She made him go insane, by making Crona put a snake in Stein's weapon's tea. That snake made Stein lose his sanity faster, by being around Marie Mjolnir, he went insane. The irony is that Marie is the one who saved him from insanity. Like I said, what's a good story without some craziness? Drugs and Alcohol? No, not really. No drugs in the series, but there was some alcohol. Franken pretended to be drunk so he could get some secrets out of Medusa, Spirit/Death Scythe got drunk once in a bar(?) and told the viewers a little about his life story. Franken also smoked a lot, as if it was second nature. But it's not like that's super serious. Sex? Nope. None. Nada. Cussing? Meh, low level. D*mn, crap, jack*ss. Stuff like that. But in the manga there was sh*t. Just sayin'. Violence? Like I said, I'm used to blood and gore. But if you compare this to Owari no Seraph, it's nothing! Your kids will be fine, dear parents! *Spoiler* Well, Soul DID jump in front of Maka when she was about to die. He got a huge scar from his left shoulder to his right hip. But it adds to the story. Consumerism? Dunno what that is, but I don't think that's in there... Great Messages? I don't think so, it's just one of those stories that don't exactly have a lesson. You know those shows where most episodes, it's just the main character learning stuff, then at the end of the episode they learn their lesson and the teacher is all, "You have done well, I am proud of you..." This isn't really like that. In other words, if you're okay with a little half nakedness, then you'll be A-okay!
Teen, 13 years old Written byQueenofthegeeks February 15, 2016

14 and up

Okay. I am thirteen. I was eleven when I first watched it. But I say fourteen and up. It is rated a 15 for reasons like nudity and violence. I personally don't care about either of those things and think age ratings are stupid. IT'S NOT ABOUT AGE, IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE! The nudity isn't graphic. You don't see any private parts. There are sexual references, but no actual sex. There is quite a lot of violence, but it's not that bad. There's no gore. There is a wide range of characters and people could relate to at least one of them. I would recommend this to children 14 and up or mature 12 or 13 year olds
Teen, 15 years old Written byCanada December 3, 2015

It's A Great Anime!

Soul Eater is my #1 favorite anime. It has a good message at the end, some of the characters are great role models, and the story line is pretty good. However, I find it suitable for children 13+ but, parent supervision should be used for any younger viewers. There is a lot of violence, blood, and other gore but, nothing too gross (no organs are ripped out of bodies). A lot of scary themes (there are "kishin eggs" and "kishins" which are basically demons, the witches can be considered "scary"). There are some outrageous body proportions in the females. For example, the character by the name of Blair has a very large chest and extremely skinny body. There are some parts that are a reference to sex. For example, one of the first scenes is a woman in a bathtub. Nothing too bad is shown except for cleavage and butt. In the opening, a character is seen leaping onto a table naked. In the first couple of episodes there are references to female nudity but, nothing major. There is vulgarity but, nothing too bad. No "F-Bombs" or anything like that . Some scenes are taken place in a bar. The only part of the anime that isn't related to anything listed is the character Excalibur. There isn't anything truly wrong with him except his personality. He is VERY OBNOXIOUS. There are very good messages such as "Courage is the only thing that can beat out fear". I suggest this anime to be viewed by kids 13 and up unless, there is parental super vision. :) Other than that, it's a pretty awesome anime!
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2015

Great anime.

As a ten year old who's watched many animes, I think this is great. There are some positive messages, such as not to give up and to not hurt children. Although there is a lot of fighting, little to no good guys die. There is a lot of swearing, but don't be mislead; the swearing doesn't make it bad. Overall, great show, you should watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoldengwenny12 October 9, 2015

I love Soul Eater!

I rate Soul Eater 13+ because there is violence, barely any sex, and it shows a great message- if you have bravery, you can stand up to anything, no matter how weak you are. Soul Eater is very humorous at time, and can be serious. My only thing is that it is very violent. Blood, creepy monsters, y'know. Anyways, I hope my review helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheChocolateQueen October 3, 2015

If you are mature

I really like that show. Yes there will be boobs because it anime (and believe me I saw worse in other shows). But It's not all the time. There is some strong girls and boys. I'm a girl and I like it. You should be mature to watch this show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfrench.cats August 29, 2015

Seriously awesome!

The whole series is so action packed, while still having a plot! You get so attached to the characters! I love the idea of humans being able to turn into weapons, the realm of Lord Death, the really unrealistic Death City, the witches, the meisters... and the sun and the moon (you'll know what I'm talking about once you watch it). It's simply HILARIOUS! (Some inappropriate humor and swearing in the sub version, but it should be fine for kids!)
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2015

This show rocks!

This show is really great. I am watching this show now, and I am OK with all of the violence and the blood in battles. I am fine with those sort of things. But, I know that some kids aren't really great with that. This show has some horror in it. Be warned before you watch this! If you are cool with that kind of stuff, this is the show for you!
Adult Written byjacksyken July 29, 2015

A great anime for everyone

I'm 13 and I started reading Soul Eater a while ago. Most people watch the anime, but I feel there is nothing like holding a good, thick manga in your hands. The anime is by far less suggestive and violent than the manga, so I think you should wait until until my age to read it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJayTu463 June 25, 2015

Not a kids animated show

Soul eater is not for children and I would say it is for adults.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMyChemicalLevi June 24, 2015

Lots of these opinions really stretching the truth.

The average review talks about nudity and sexual talk. Let me straighten that out: THIS IS ANIME. It is animated. If a character is nude, no actual parts are shown, just bare skin. If you want to know the exact truth, the most of a part you will ever see is the top third of a breast. Even if any parts were shown, it's still anime, it's not real. There is one particular character who is not commonly seen in the series. She's kind of like a bit of a "sexy" 8 year old. She talks like she's 8, anyway, a cutesie girl. (Example, "Why won't anybody play with me?" in a disappointed-five-year-old way.) The first time you see her, she's taking a bath, so you see a small part near the top of her breasts. Further on, she asks "which one of you boys wants to come take a bath with me?" But like I said, she is rarely seen throughout the series. She is only added for laughs, really. If your kid is mature enough to deal with that, then it’s totally fine. I was eleven when I watched this and I got past it fine, my only reaction was rolling my eyes. I would say more, but just go read some of the first parent reviews, it’s put in a much better way. Overall the show focuses on teamwork, bravery and being strong. The show has plenty of good role models, and it certainly had a positive impact on me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylunam June 23, 2015

Not as bad as the website says.

Seriously, how do the people who review these things keep their jobs? This anime is really good. It's about 7 kids, 4 of which can turn into weapons. One girl turns into a variety of ninja weapons. Two girls turn into twin pistols, and a boy turns into a scythe. The three who cannot transform use these weapons to fight evil dudes called kishins (KEE-Shins). The kishins kill innocent humans and eat their souls to make themselves more powerful. Some of the kishins look really creepy, especially Asura. One of the 7 main characters (Death The Kid) has severe OCD even though it's never mentioned directly. He is obsessed with symmetry to the point that he will not be able to defend himself in a fight against a kishin that is perfectly symmetrical. He is the one who wields the twin pistols as he cannot use a weapon that is asymmetrical or makes him asymmetrical in any way. The protagonist (Maka Albarn) is a complete and total bookworm and meister of scythe Soul Eater. They are roommates and he constantly calls her 'flat-chested' and calls himself a 'cool guy.' In the first episode he jumps through a window right into a nude lady's bathroom (she turns out to be a magical cat, but whatever) while she's taking a bath. He gets a nosebleed and says 'it's okay, cool guys see naked women all the time.' Another one of the main characters (Blackstar) has the biggest ego ever and always yells about how he will 'surpass God' and how he's 'the biggest star of all' he is an assassin who's terrible at sneaking up on people, being quiet, and assassinating people in general. His weapon (Tsubaki) is very flexible which is why she's the only one who can deal with his HUGE ego. The big 'sexual thing' is the first three episodes which are basically one big sex joke (which is hilarious). One character (Professor Franken Stein [yes that's his name]) Basically goes insane in the 3rd and 4th seasons and he LOVES to dismember/dissect people. Be scared of him. Over all this show is quite violence with some sexual references and sex humor but with no real or implied nudity. Gore and blood and some swearing, but if your kid has watched any PG-13 movie and been okay they can watch this show.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2015

It is a little you know to much for younger kids but as a kid my self it's alright

Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2015

Great anime but not for young kids

I absolutely love this anime. This anime is not for young kids. Witches and a few other girl characters wear very little clothing like short skirts and shirts, cleavage showing, and tight outfits. One witch is butt naked sometimes but you don't see anything but her bottom. and her boobs but not the small area or private part. There is violence and some blood.