All member reviews for Soul Eater

Formulaic anime is violent but interesting.

Adult Written byDeath_the_kid February 7, 2015

this is show is ok there is a few bad parts here and there but

this show is great for people with wild to no imagination its got some depressing parts were you think your favorite people are going to die or something there is on sensual character but she appears every like 10-15 episodes there is no implied nudity its just a great show in all I mean c'mon guys you cant believe common sense media I dought they even watched the dang thing so yea oh and there are VERY FUNNY parts like death the kid he's funny and cares about semetry its just a good show in all its also a perfect paste but there are some minor things to it like some words like jack*ss a*s d*mnit h*ll there is a half naked girl in one episode but thats just one time ONE FREAKING TIME ok so yea lol oh and a positive (but really well hidden) message and well I'll leave that for you to find out lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byhellokat13 January 31, 2015

It is soo good!

While there is some fighting, cussing, and light nudity, smoking and drinking, it is a very worth-while show. I saw this first when I was 11 or 12 and I though that it was great. Anyone who is an anime fan already will most likely like Soul Eater. It is funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLight_chan January 1, 2015

Well first thing, lot's of parents are complaining about nudity. Anime usually use pervy moments for fun, and there is never showed someone absolutely naked. Second thing which are lot of adults complaining about is smokeing, that is nothing you can normally see smoking people, and lot of parents are smoking too. It's scarry and I am sure that it isn't show for 11 year old kids. For parents I reccomend to watch it before showing it to your children. There is blood but no so much gore. And well bad language is everywhere around us and in this anime it isn't so bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynathanhillp9 December 28, 2014

great show for mature kids

Soul eater is a great show with a beautiful story line but sadly the directors added some iffy parts. the show includes: some nudity like in the first episode when the main protagonist soul falls into blair the cats room while shes taking a bath. note that this show NEVER shows anything private it only shows the back of a naked person or has the camera angle block the privates. And every time they show a unclothed person it is for comedy reasons. they also have soul say that he would never love maka because she is flat chested but in the end they imply that he likes her which shows that he doesnt care about her flat chest inappropriate touching like when death the kid touches both the thomson sisters breasts complaining that their breasts where not symmetrical(again this was for comedy not for attractiveness) NOTE! this show sadly has these scenes that i described above. But only for the first few episodes! As soon as the story gets underway they almost completely stop with the implied nudity sceans and very rarely have inappropriate touching. this show has alot of fighting but besides the first episode is not very gory and even at that the first episode isn't all that gorey. they have blood but it is normally used for comedy reasons. this show has bad words like the s word and d word and a word but never uses them carelessly and never says the F word or the C word this show is amazing and also shows that bravery can beat fear. it has a demon in it that gives soul power but after he takes too much power the demon swallows soul and makes him go mad which make has to come into souls mind and save him. this is a great symbol for sin and how it will give you limited power but in the end will swallow you whole and there's no way to fight it on your own. if your child is mature enough to get through the first couple episodes and under stands whats right from wrong he should be able to watch this amazingly put together show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykattlebell100 December 12, 2014

Soul eater us a show that's rated TV14 but still is a really good anime to watch. Parents out there I could not watch it until I was 12 because my mom didn't like what was on the first episode (Blair naked in a bathtub) and all that blood but it's an anime what do you expect frosty the snowoman It sends out grate messages like Maka Alban is always trying to say the world and she is a really nice person with good grades and a bubbly personality. Sure there are swear words like h* d* J*a* but usually mentioned 1 to 3 times in a episode there is also a ton of violence but animes are about fighting and action adventures so I would watch this show when your 12 to 13 years old.
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2014

Too good to be true.

Soul Eater is a fantastic T.V show that seems to keep you entertained episode 1-51. The art/animation exceeds the excellent capacity, with lovable characters from the socially awkward demon sword, to the ego-obsessed star. And now: the bad. The show is horribly violent, with emotionally wrecking scenes/characters that make you question your own life, however, this is what makes the show worth watching. Another thing. One SPECIFIC character seems to be a bit too flashy (I think we all know who we are talkin' about ) in what they wear. They show off the majority of her breasts, but nothing too extreme. Overall, I think that the show is definitely a must-see, if you are 13 and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluuvdubstep October 24, 2014

FREAKING LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!

I think this show is great! I watch is alone and with my friends and we love it. I would highly recommend this show for teens 10 and up. If your a teen who likes great action and comedy this show is for you. Great fight scenes, not too bloody. Really good comedy, especially the character Death the Kid, he is obsessed with symmetry. His obsession is bound to make teens laugh. There is minor swearing, but nothing worse than Damn, or Hell. There are scenes with sexual content, but that is only iffy. The first episode is probably the worse episode with sexual content because of the sex crazed character Blair. But, nothing gets worse than the first episode. I highly recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzanderva October 8, 2014

For 12 if the child is mature more like 13 for the norm.

So first off, very little nudity. Just for laughs and when someone gets aroused (Mostly soul) they will have a nosebleed. (and no real nudity) Some violence, mostly the silhouette or shadow of someone who gets cut in half or killed. All with good intentions for the story though. It really has good characters and a great story so it's not at all mediocre. It's messages? Well it's showing loyalty, friendship(Through pain as like blackstar and his weapon and maka and soul) good humor in it's character so it's (In my opinion) an amazing anime. There is a little wine drinking (Cmon parents you drink it all the time :P) and some smoking. Lots of hilarious moments. I would be laughing on the floor at some moments like with the Excalibur. (That was hilarious) And like I said great characters. I mean, at some times I even cried, and the anime bounces characters around so one episode your favourite character will be kid, and the next blackstar, and maka. It really is worth the watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjwolfe22 October 6, 2014

Good anime with some themes not suitable for smaller children.

First off, I love this anime. There are some things that I think are not okay for smaller children, such as slight nudity although genitalia is never shown. There is quite some violence and gore as CSM says, but otherwise this show is great and I highly recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byblonde.and.quirky September 20, 2014

Fantastic Anime

This was overall a fantastic anime, one that I watched when I was eleven and still love to this day. There are positive undertones; friendship, teamwork, and sticking together and supporting each other through tough times. There are generous amounts of both fighting, violence, and action, and the characters social lives at the academy they attend. There is some sex and nudity, although the lot of it is in the first three episodes, and then it virtually disappears. Although, there is a character that often surrounds himself with multiple women, but no sexual activity between him and said women is shown or implied. There is also another character who is shown nude twice, but nothing explicit is shown and all areas are covered or not seen. But beside that she is often scantily clad and has exaggerated features. There is no sex or implied sex, although she often tries to seduce Soul, who always rejects her advances. In actuality, there really is not much sexual things/nudity, and any mature eleven year old wouldn't be affected by it; personally, I was not affected in any way, and forgot about it entirely as I progressed in the series. And I have seen over ten anime series; you will not find one without at least a little bit of nudity or sexual references/content. Compared to other anime titles, it is almost nothing, if not something completely normal. There was a good helping of violence, but not enough to the extent where it could be called gore. There are some intense fighting scenes. There is mild cussing in the Japanese dub, but very light in the English dub, which is usually preferred anyways. There is one character who has phases of insanity, which is also an ongoing theme in the series. This character constantly undergoes physical and emotional distress. He can sometimes be frightening. Overall this is a great anime, good for BOTH GENDERS, I might add, since I am a girl. It has a great plotline with interesting characters, and is one of my favorites to this day. A recommended, but some parents should be wary with their kids. Just make sure they are aware about sex and smoking, and they are not too affected by blood, fighting, and violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeFan3000 September 10, 2014

It always depends on the person

I first watched it when I was 12 and yes I was weirded out for a while but if you watch it through it is good. I say the comic is better but so what. It helped me in a hard time, I was being bullied and people said I looked weak and had no muscle. Watching this made me think, " maybe all I have to do is be strong on the inside". The story is of young kids being trained to defeat evil, so they are like superheroes. It is dark and inappropriate but it really depends on the person. I hope you take this all into consideration. :)
Adult Written byKittystar124 September 5, 2014

AMAZING!

It has cuss words,but not bad,but stein smokes a lot so tell your kids "even though he does it,you don't do it ok?" That's all :3
Teen, 17 years old Written byanimeotaku7 July 31, 2014

not that bad...

kids that can handle fighting can handle this amazing anime
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatknewthat July 20, 2014

I love this

This series is my favorite, but it is definitely not for little kids. It has blood, language, and nudity, so you have to be able to take that.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuper Fangirl June 27, 2014

not as bad as some say, its a great show for teens and tweens :)

I love this show, I am a 13 year old girl. It isn't for young kids under 12 but isn't as explicit as some say it is. It contains some blood, but it's not very gory, and cool actions scenes, and the occasional sex references where the show sees fit. There is nudity in parts but nothing is shown and the characters cover it up mainly, and it is generally used for comedy because of the characters reactions to seeing someone nude. It contains some questionable moments, such as the boob grab in episode 3, Steins attempt to scare Maka by threatening to dissect her, and spirits frequent visits to a swanky bar, but nothing majorly bad is shown or mentioned. Since this is a show aimed at teenage boys it does contain moderate violence, but in the form of cool battle scenes and comical slaps, including the famous "Reaper Chop", it is appropriate for mature kids and kids old enough to appreciate this kind of slightly dark, funny action show. It is an amazing show, don't listen to the people who tell you it isn't! :) (just my opinion don't get annoyed at me)
Teen, 13 years old Written by4712Lily June 22, 2014

Soul Eater

It just fine for twelve, probably not under twelve tho. There is a lot of violence and some sexual stuff but nothing serious. It's a really good show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimationLover June 12, 2014

Great show for teens

The show has a good message about teamwork, but there is a lot of questionable moments that might not be suitable for kids under 13. There is a lot of blood and there are quite a few sexual situations in the first couple of episodes.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2014

Very good!

While there is some violence and partial nudity, Soul Eater is still a very good show. The action is exciting, the characters are intriguing, and the pacing is great. Women also often have large breasts, which ties in which the nudity part. However, nothing explicit is shown. While there is inappropriate content, there are actually good role models. The 'weapons' are loyal to their 'meisters', and are actually willing to die for them. They stick together in every tough situation. Overall, Soul Eater is an interesting thrill ride!
Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2014

Its good

On the last episode a girl in it maka said that everyone has bravery and i kept that in my head and then I went to cedar point and got on a huge ride and was thinking about what she said and it made me fell good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMichael D. Jordan February 8, 2014