All teen and kid member reviews for Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 13, 2011

Okay for kids above 9 who are EXTREMELY mature and have a strong heart.

Okay,I will admit it this is pretty violent and sex is bad,although it's not a big bother but the problem is the heavy violence.I've seen all the episodes in the Spartacus series(not joking,absolutely EVERY single episode) and also Spartacus gods of the arena although I disagree with Csm,I still have to agree its very violent and so I'm making an exception.But if you've a very mature kid who can stand lots of violence this is definitely for your kid.It is a very historical drama when the characters aren't talking they are killing and gutting each other there is a quite large bit of dialogue but nevertheless still a great show .
Teen, 15 years old Written bydefiant12 January 12, 2011
I liked the show but the sex scenes happen to freqeintly ruining the shows purpose and meaning. really to much for my eyes so i just fast forward past them.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2012

Just fine.

Nah. Not that good, but entertaining. Too gruesome violence for children. The violence gets even more inappropriate cuz of the fact that this show gloryfies the violence. NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12!
Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 November 1, 2011

Brutal

Strong bloody violence a hard sex a strong language
Teen, 13 years old Written byDodex September 17, 2011

Be more liberal .

Oh , don't be over protective , let you kids watch so they can learn what you aren't explaining to them. Yes its full of sex and violence but look at your son or daughters web history - same thing they watch on internet so let them watch , cause in real world they will do the same ( I mean sex) , and you will not be able to stop it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDearos August 11, 2011

Violence, action? Yes. Deep, intelligent story telling? No.

It is the film 300 in TV form. If your wondering wether or not to watch this ask yourself; Do I want a good story with interesting characters and a complex plot or do I want awesome over the top action with lots of blood and epicness? if it's the former then look elsewere. If it's the latter then you will enjoy it. I know I did.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEntropy January 17, 2011

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Well firstly, the battle sequences are spectacular. The blood is over-the-top and not unlike 300 in that regard, except there is much more of it in this case. All the action scenes are fantastic, I love every minute of them. Blood, Honor, Glory, Betrayal... These are the messages behind this show. The only problem? Well, way too many sex scenes is a start. When someone isn't being hacked to bits, two characters, or more are guaranteed to be going at it. Full frontal nudity, both male and female can be witnessed in this one. They occur too frequently to show any purpose having to do with love or passion, they are long, extended, and just plain inappropriate. As a cause, I started fast-forwarding directly to the action/battle scenes. The storyline is cliched, and reminiscent of the Gladiator film. Overall, it's an interesting show, with great fight scenes. But the bad outweighs the good, there is just too much filth and nudity in this one to warrant watching it for any kind of storyline. If anything, just check out the fight sequences on YouTube, or fast forward the bad stuff. I
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2010

?!

I don't Like it.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2010
bad
Teen, 14 years old Written byDak Ordo May 29, 2010

bloody violence =]

good action filled show!!!!