All member reviews for Speed Racer: The Next Generation

New take on old fave is OK for kids but listless.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAkagami April 9, 2008

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 30, 2012

I agree with CSM on this one.

If it's still on Nicktoons,i'd be SO ANGRY.The animation looks HORRIBLE,the acting is ear reap,and it has pretty bad artwork.Plus,this show is just so.............boring! It's really pathetic! Can't wait to watch it soon (sarcasum) !
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat November 12, 2011

Somewhat new take on old junk is OK for kids but is much better

This is a really good show. There are numerous things in it that make it better than the original, which I think sucks. Stan is the funniest comic relief character I've ever seen. The races are actually exciting. The three-part system of the show makes it have more continuity than it would have otherwise. It concentrates heavily on its science-fiction elements. And as enjoyable as Season 1 is, Season 2 is even better. It has more continuity, more violence, and more drama. In fact, Season 2 is the reason why I rated in on at 9. SPOILER ALERT: Halfway through Season 2, a school is blown up, X's and Annalise's cars are suddenly blown up, and a character who just joined their cause is apparently killed. This is a very good show that teens ought to like just as much if not better than kids, but young children may find it scary at times, especially in Season 2.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2009

LOL, this is so ironic

Man, this is ironic! I had a few questions about this show! :D I've watched it once and actually I've seen all the episodes. I LOVE Speed Racer, the problem is that I have no clue if they're going to make more episodes! -_-' Seriously, I hope they are making more episodes! SPOILER ALERT: Speed just saw his father for the first time and now they decide to stop airing new episodes. And just when I decided to stop watching El Tigre! ^^' Oh well. ShadMaria out! Peace :D.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKryssy January 12, 2009

LOL!!

I love this show!! My little cousins got me into it. I recemend this to children at least 7 or 8 years old. It's very fun and funny to watch! And I am a huge Speed Racer fan, too.

long live speed racer!

this series continues the 1967 series. it is a continuation series similar to avatar: the lest airbender. it always leaves off in a cliff hanger that may or may not be solved in the next episode. once you watch the show, your hooked. i highly recomend this show. the best episode so far in this series, (my opinion) is "the note". this show has no bad episodes.
Adult Written byWhitechick April 9, 2008

A must read book for 8 yr old.

Hello, I am a 46 yr old mother of a 5.6 yr old boy and have been married over 22 yrs to one man. Having a baby at 41 yrs old have learn many things about raising a child lots of work lots of Reading and viewing TV Channels. Thank You Whitechick
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i haven't seen it yet but i want to

i can't wait to see speed racer!
Adult Written bysweetmaddy April 9, 2008

I enjoyed Speed Racer it brought back memories...

I enjoy Speed Racer it brought back memories from my childhood. I remember watching Speed Racer and wanting my own my Mac 5. Well as the old Speed Racer this new Speed Racer also looks good. Sincerely; sweetmaddy
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Go Speed Racer Go

Speed racer coming from humble beings looked into the pages of the characters he encountered and based his friendships and trust in those found worthy. Many times we want to go with what is popular and find emptiness in that moment of short coming we miss those that show great character because we failed to simply read what was in front of use entire time.