All member reviews for Spider-Man: The New Animated Series

Spidey grows up in 'toon best for older kids+.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTomreviews16 April 17, 2016

Well it's okay

In this flick spidey takes a turn for the worse. There is quite a bit of violence ranging from gun violence and electrocutions down to a simple fist fight. The language doesn't help the show at all. Spidey cusses and MJ takes her fair share at it as well. On the topic, of MJ she has turned into quite a flirt. Since this show is based in college you should expect a lot of drinking from characters like Harry. This show is best for kids 11 and up.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byPapa_Reviews February 12, 2010

Teenagers yes, youngsters no

This is a show for older kids. I wouldn't let younger ones watch it. Some mild language and implied sexual activity.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bytrinitydawn22 August 13, 2012

Not for children

It's pretty violent. The episode I watched a teacher was electrocuted to death by the electric bad guy. They used the B word and A word, and also had sexual themes and girls were suggestive. I would only recommend this for teens. I made the mistake of getting it at the library thinking it was the normal spider-man cartoon for my 6 year old. Why it was even in the children's section is beyond me, it should be in with the teens section.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 24, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback August 14, 2009
Good Show
Parent Written byPinkiePenguin September 18, 2015

Big Mistake For Those With Young Kids

I took my almost 8 year old son to a small local DVD Rental Store. I told him he could pick ANY kids movie he would like and he choose this one. Little did I know it was a big mistake. Within 5 mins into the movie. They are talking about alcoholic beverages. Then it moves into Peter Parker using a pair of binoculars to zoom in on a couple making out. The couple has their hands all over each other with his hands rubbing all of the females bare thighs. Needless to say I turned it off and we watched something else. Not appropriate at all for young child. My son was so disappointed that he couldn't watch it. Don't make the mistake I did. This again is not a show for young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymanny20444 August 6, 2015

inappropriate for children

his series featured a far more mature version of the character than typically seen on television for any animated comic book adaptation. Throughout the series, characters are clearly killed, rather than the usual ambiguous disappearance, and several characters are strongly implied to have had sex. Harry osborn tends to consume an alcoholic beverage and drowns his sorrows in alcohol after the death of his father. peter tends to use profanity like "damn it" or "oh crap". while other characters tend to say "what the hell."
Adult Written byMBII August 4, 2014

Why must parents insist on being idiots?

How many times do people have to be told, not every animated series is for children? Still, they don't get it through their thick skulls and get pissed off when they come across animation for older people. Also, just because you watched something with your kid that wasn't kid-friendly DOES NOT MEAN you give the series a 1-star review. Do any of you geniuses know how this site works?
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Nerdinator August 3, 2013

Uhhh... Thwip thwip?

Ok. I just watched the first four episodes on Netflix with my brother. It was rated TV-PG but I really think it was rated wrong. It should be TV-14. The character for Peter Parker is complex, given justice with his character model and voice actor, however in this show he actually cusses a few times and ironically lets Mary Jane kiss him. That is a bit OC to me. Especially since the actually PG-13 movies are cleaner than this show. However, the awesome techno music is enjoyable and the graphics are unique, akin to the much later Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Violence- people are shot, cut, electrocuted, etc. and blood is shown along with the traditional punching and kicking. The lizard gets his limbs cut off but there isn't blood shown and his limbs grow back. Doctor Connors had his arm amputated. Language- d%$m, a@#, h$#%, cr$p, s$ck, etc. Sexual content- Mary Jane is flirty as heck. There is some passionate kissing that lasts more than two seconds. Some of the characters' bodies are exaggerated, even the males. Females often have ridiculously small waists, round butts, and medium-sized breasts. Almost every girl you see is wearing a shirt that exposes their stomach and back but luckily shows no cleavage or legs so in a way the skimpiness is cleaner than some Y-7 shows. However, the bizarre body proportions can be frustrating for female viewers (such as myself) who are feminists. While it isn't as bad as Avengers Assemble, it can be distracting while you're trying to watch Spider-Man kick a bad guy's butt. Some villains and heroes wear skintight outfits that give them ... butt wedgies (including Spidey. -_-). Language that is possibly suggestive. :3 So, yeah. I don't think I'm going to let my eleven year-old brother watch it. I don't think it's really PG. If so, it's probably only PG on TV. Netflix needs to get censored versions of shows. Consumerism- it's based off of the huge Spider-Man merchandise including cartoons, movies, video games, comics, etc. Positive role models- eh. Characters cuss. MJ wears an outfit that shows her stomach and back. However, Peter Parker has wisdom and is smart, funny, and kind even when bad things happen to him. He does the right thing almost all the time no matter what. Yeah. Good show. But Things that annoy me: * The ridiculous body proportions and outfits (hello breasts, butts, and anorexic waists. No joke: even Mary Jane Watson looks like a 1960s Barbie which depresses me because I love her character). * The fact that they rated it wrong on Netflix * Peter is a bit OOC to me (I prefer the clean, nervous Pete on the trilogy who's afraid of the opposite sex) So, yeah. It's good when it's not annoying. I'd say this is for ages 13+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhypnotica August 3, 2013

Uh.

Ok. I just watched the first four episodes on Netflix with my brother. It was rated TV-PG but I really think it was rated wrong. It should be TV-14. The character for Peter Parker is complex, given justice with his character model and voice actor, however in this show he actually cusses a few times and ironically lets Mary Jane kiss him. That is a bit OC to me. Especially since the actually PG-13 movies are cleaner than this show. However, the awesome techno music is enjoyable and the graphics are unique, akin to the much later Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Violence- people are shot, cut, electrocuted, etc. and blood is shown along with the traditional punching and kicking. The lizard gets his limbs cut off but there isn't blood shown and his limbs grow back. Doctor Connors had his arm amputated. Language- d%$m, a@#, h$#%, cr$p, s$ck, etc. Sexual content- Mary Jane is flirty as heck. There is some passionate kissing that lasts more than two seconds. Some of the characters' bodies are exaggerated, even the males. Females often have ridiculously small waists, round butts, and medium-sized breasts. Almost every girl you see is wearing a shirt that exposes their stomach and back but luckily shows no cleavage or legs so in a way the skimpiness is cleaner than some Y-7 shows. However, the bizarre body proportions can be frustrating for female viewers (such as myself) who are feminists. While it isn't as bad as Avengers Assemble, it can be distracting while you're trying to watch Spider-Man kick a bad guy's butt. Some villains and heroes wear skintight outfits that give them ... butt wedgies (including Spidey. -_-). Language that is possibly suggestive. :3 So, yeah. I don't think I'm going to let my eleven year-old brother watch it. I don't think it's really PG. If so, it's probably only PG on TV. Netflix needs to get censored versions of shows. Yeah. Good show. But Things that annoy me: * The ridiculous body proportions and outfits (hello breasts, butts, and anorexic waists. No joke: even Mary Jane Watson looks like a 1960s Barbie which depresses me because I love her character). * The fact that they rated it wrong on Netflix * Peter is a bit OC to me (I prefer the clean, nervous Pete on the trilogy) So, yeah. It's good when it's not annoying. I'd say this is for ages 13+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 May 29, 2012

There is cussing

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I got it from Hollywood video one time, and there were only two episodes that didn't have one cuss word. I heard d--mit, h--l, and a-s. I was like, "This is supposed to be a kids show?" I can't remember if there was blood or not. I think there might have been for some reason but I can't remember exactly. One part where they're "fixing a TV," and Mary Jane puts Peter up against the wall, and gets close to him (and fixes the TV.) I think there was an episode w/ drinking
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Good show but it has a few problems.

This is a good show,but it has a few problems.Some of the characters are horribly annoying.The animation is nice.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysomerandomguy January 21, 2012

Pretty Dang Awesome!!!

In almost every episode you will see a mild kiss between characters, in the episode "When sparks fly" MJ says the word b***h and its not very good for kids to be saying things like that. Other than that a very nicely made show!
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2011

perfect for mabey 11 and older.

This show screams no one 10 and under. Most enimeis die whithin the half hour. There is the lizard that murders and gets his arm chopped off. There are murders but there not usally shown. Electro,kraven, and Lizard kill. Also the words are somtimes d--n, as-, and h--l. A violent and strange but great show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byprince of persia November 8, 2010
very bad language it has bas----- a-- da-- he-- su--
Kid, 9 years old September 12, 2010

not for 9 year olds

One thing parents should mostly be concerned about is the violence. People rarely actually die, but they are injured and blood is shown. langauge is another issue, but if you have time warner cable you can watch it on kids on demand with any thing stronger than d**m censored and it is not nesarially frequent, but it is used in a lot of the episodes. there is some sexual content but if you're ok with the violence and language than you'll be fine. wath it uncensored on hulu.com. I learned that the hard way.
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2010

woot

honestley this was awsome dont know why they canceled it it had a good plot and it was the spiderman of a older age probablle age 11 and up i saw the first episode at four and dident get what was up.some consers are:almost every enemy dies the last episodes were dark the lizard episode was scary and he died spiderman cusses almost all the time in one episode its so dark thats theres a muder also in the lizard episode theres a muder and a dimembered hand on age 11 or 12
Adult Written byjeccabecca February 22, 2009

No for young kids

I put this on for my kids (Ages 6 and 4) who really like spiderman. I sat down to watch it with them. The opening scene was a very busty woman in lycra, who made a comment about another woman's breasts. A couple of minutes later, Spiderman says "Damn it". I turned to show off at that point. If that is what is contained in the first 5 minutes, I don't care to see the rest.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008