All member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants

Edgy, frenetic animated comedy is iffy for youngest kids.

Parent of a 4 year old Written bySteve Kanbara October 28, 2013

"Forget it!"

I think Josie watched that, and she and her uncle Jorge were setting terrible examples for each other after just 9 minutes into that program! Plus, his sister Ana and her husband Porfy should've known that some of the content was not right for their daughter. I am an expert on monitoring TV shows!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJack'sRants'N'More May 27, 2013

Jack Salutes: SpongeBob SquarePants

I can't believe CSM says SpongeBob is iffy for 6. I love SpongeBob, it is my favorite show. It is really funny, it has awesome animation, great voice acting, and everything. For those who think the show went downhill after the movie, you are WRONG. Some of the new episodes are bad, but not ALL of them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 4, 2013

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? THE BEST SHOW EVER!

CSM is acting very stupid. This show isn't iffy for 6 at all. It is plain AWESOME. It is hilarous, the animation is stellar, the humor is perfection, and the theme song is extremely catchy. I also think people are overreacting when they say the show went downhill after the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySuperSonicSteve896 April 23, 2013

This is the best. THE BEST!!!

CSM is being a bunch of wimps. SpongeBob isn't iffy for 6 at all. It is really funny, awesome animation, great voice acting, perfect humor, and nothing is wrong with it. Best show ever.
Teen, 14 years old Written by69 awesome April 21, 2013

love spongebob

love the show still do. And to the parents that wont let there kids watch spongebob your pretty much letting ur kids suffer and they'll be watching dora when theyre thirty five
Kid, 8 years old April 20, 2013

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

I love SpongeBob! I watched It since I was a little baby. Commonsense is wrong, it is not iffy! It's awesome!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRocketboy1998 April 9, 2013

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

This is the best show ever. It is hilarious, has great characters, colorful animation, great acting, a catchy theme song, and everything. SpongeBob will rule forever. I don't see why some people think the show went "downhill" after the movie. I so disagree with them. They think the show went downhill and they keep whining about it. What a bunch of babies. These people need to grow up. I'm a true SpongeBob fan, and us grown-ups are still going to be SB fans, even AFTER the movie. Even though the old episodes were better, I like most of the new ones. So overall, SpongeBob SquarePants is and will always the #1 best show of all-time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGateswing_Guy March 14, 2013

COME ON! SpongeBob is not iffy for 6!

THIS IS THE #1 BEST SHOW OF ALL TIME! It is so funny. I also like the theme song and the opening. The animation is OUTSTANDING! Also, I don't give a crap what some people say! THIS SHOW DID NOT GO DOWNHILL AFTER THE MOVIE! OK, I admit that some of the new episodes are bad. To be honest, the older episodes are better than the new ones. The only bad old episode is SpongeBob B.C. That was SUCH A POINTLESS EPISODE! Now, i'll give you my list called the top 11 worst SpongeBob episodes. I'm a TRUE fan of this show, but these episodes are HORRIBLE. 1. Little Yellow Book-Squidward was a jerk in the episode, SpongeBob's secrets were stupid, and it was a poorly written episode. 2. Squidward's School for Grown Ups-Patrick becoming a grown up? BOOOORING. The "boat scream" scene was just pointless. 3. Penny Foolish-Stupidest plot on the show. It's just Mr. Krabs going crazy and chasing SpongeBob around Bikini Bottom for a PENNY. Were the writers SMOKING when they made this episode? 4. Pet or Pests-This episode was REVOLTING. That slime literally made me run to the bathroom and gag. 5. Hide and Then What Happens-Who made this episode? It is nothing but cliches, annoying characters, and a lame plot. 6. To Love a Patty-What a pointless episode. It is just SpongeBob falling in love with a KRABBY PATTY. To make matters worse, the ending was GROSS! 7. Squid's Visit-This episode was really creepy and boring. The only funny part was Squidward dating his vacum cleaner. 8. Squiditis-For the episode that made SpongeBob the longest running Nicktoon, this was a HUGE dissapointment. The plot was poorly excuted, SpongeBob was too annoying in this episode, and it got BORING real quickly. I really didn't like that scene where Squidward fakes a sneeze in SpongeBob's gas mask. EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! That was a complete waste of a scene. The episode was low on humor. The only funny part was the ending. 9. Someone's in The Kitchen With Sandy-This episode sucked! Sandy looked GROSS without her fur and there were too many cliches in this episode. 10. SpongeBob B.C.-This is a Season 3 episode? YEAH RIGHT! This episode was so boring and lame! 11. The Splinter-This episode was too gross for me to watch. It was also very dumb. That ends my list. I actually like A LOT of episodes people hate. Such as Atlantis SquarePantis, The Sponge Who Wanted to Fly, WhoBob WhatPants, Best Day Ever (which was OK), Face Freeze, ect. Now, just because some of the episodes are worthless, that dosen't mean I would hate the show itself. If I don't like an episode, I just don't watch it again. I just watch another episode. Don't hate the show over 1 EPISODE! Overall, SpongeBob is the best gem on Nick AND on TV!
Teen, 13 years old Written byWammyguide March 10, 2013

Spongebob

Spongebob may have some stuff that's for adults, but it definitely has tons of life lessons. Especially the earlier seasons.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2013

Good Family show

Nothing TOO inapropriote
Teen, 13 years old Written byExtremeAlex77 February 20, 2013

One of the best cartoons ever!

Spongebob is one of the most watched shows by kids all over the world. It's not just an entertaining show it teaches lessons and responsibility for kids, and even adults love this show! Who dosen't love Spongebob?
Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2012

Common Sense always overrates everything, don't listen to them, listen to roger1.

Once again, Common Sense overrates a cartoon to make it look bad. Iffy for 6 year-olds. Come on, these people need to lighten up. This is on for 5+. Sure, it has very mild language, but your children hear worse at school. Violence, it is very cartoonish violence in a sense that it is funny. Also, it isn't just a fine show, which is what Common Sense says. It is a 4 star really good show. Sure some episodes aren't the best, but Spongebob usually pulls off something great for both kids and adults. Not to mention it is really high on the charts.
Kid, 11 years old December 15, 2012

Awesome

This show doesn't make jokes by inappropriate jokes or stuff like that, but weird faces and stuff. There is some violence and crude humor, though
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaitie11 December 12, 2012

SpongeBob Squarepants!

I do agree with some people about how the older episodes are better. Less meanness and stuff. Still a good show but just tell your kids not to be as mean as Squidward and such. I think the show has a good heart it's all about having fun, being a kid, having innocents, being a good friend and having a good heart. So still very good.
Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2012

Sponge bob

Sponge bob is a really good show. It is really funny and it is cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written by1upmushroom October 5, 2012

Heavily Nostalgic, at least the first 3 seasons are.

This show really strikes a cord with me, mostly because I watched when I was very little, and let me tell you I don't get why so many Parents think this show is harmful. I watched it all the time when I was 4,5,6 and up and never did I EVER think it was real, I thought it was funny but not real. I think the parents are a little too overprotective on this show, I think the show is ok for kids. And as I watch it again, I love it even more, I even list up high on my favorite comedy shows! Well the first 3 seasons are up there anyway, the later seasons are pretty bad, at least compared to the first 3 seasons. The first 3 seasons were funny, clever, fast paced, and had lots of good episodes. Unlike later episodes which focused on whacky plots as the comedy, the original seasons were more about the whacky events, the plots themselves were actually kind of mundane. Like the Paper episode was about Spongebob finding a piece of paper and that's it, but it's the funny gags that made the episode entertaining. And let's not forget classics like Survival of the Idiots, Idiot Box, and of course Band Geeks! Before I drone on and on I'll just give it a 5 out of 5 and leave it at that. The first 3 seasons are great and really nostalgic for me and even now I love them.
Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2012

luv spongebob

i luv bobob
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

How excactly is SpongeBob iffy for 6? Oh wait...IT'S NOT!

This is my favorite show! Great animation,great acting,fun/silly plots,never gets old,very likeable,catchy theme song,amazing hawiian music,the jokes never fail to make me laugh,the characters crak me up SOOOOOO much,the premise is awesome,and so on.Unlike FOP,it's new episodes are very underrated and hard to avoid!
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2012

Sorta iffy

Iffy, because in one episode there is make out reef, with a demonstran, but also spongebob is an interesting role model, he always looks on the bright side of things, lots of bathroom humor
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2012

for all ages well duh let little kids watchs this's to's

for all ages my dad watchs it and i think he is 48 years old :P