All member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants

Edgy, frenetic animated comedy is iffy for youngest kids.

Adult Written byMyLittleMonkeys April 9, 2008

Parent Written bykabook April 9, 2008

Garbage!

I always preview shows before I decide to let my kids watch....it's a good thing, because I made sure this show was NOT on the list after I previewed it! Too much fighting, name calling & general meanness. No wonder why there are problems with kids behaviour, if parents are letting 3, 4, & 5 year olds watch this junk. Yes, my kids know who SpongeBob is, only because of the overmarketing, but they will not be allowed to watch this show....When they have asked, I told them it's not a nice show, the characters are mean to each other & they were OK with that answer. (they are 3 & 5 & know how to work the remote & will even skip over this show on their own) Parents have to be more involved!!

Adult Written byEllisa April 9, 2008

Negative Behaviors

I don't what my child knowing "stupid" "Idiot" and making fun of his "friends". We try to keep him away from these negative behaviors.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPS2freek April 9, 2008

Why are you adults so picky?

I read the adult reviews and I was shocked that some people actually found this show offensive. Some of you parents just take life way to seriously. I dont know how in the world you would find this show offensive. Most of my young cousins love the show and they watch it every day. I feel bad for any kid whos parents dont let them watch shows like this. If you find this show offensive, then you might as well not let your kids watch Blues Clues or Bob the Builder too. And stop writing stuff like that cause it annoys me.
Adult Written bymhula1@aol.com April 9, 2008

A playful cartoon with some mature humor but is not inappropriate.

Spongebob Squarepants is a cartoon about a sea sponge that lives in an ocean city. There's some mature humor that's not inappropriate for any kids. If you ask about any violence there's the normal cartoon violence. But I asure you that adults themselves will love this show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOneofUs April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byKuro April 9, 2008

good show!

I don't know why parents would get worked up over spongebob! I mean come on, it's a children's show about a cute little sponge who works at a fast-food restaurant! It's a fun show, and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to have a good laugh.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

funny show

it is a verry funny show. The age range is four-eleven. It is on nick
Adult Written byBoboMagoo April 9, 2008

Imaginative fun

My son would love to watch Spongebob at his grandparents house (we don't have extended cable) so I got him a DVD of some of the shows and watched it with him. Very silly and sometimes very mild grown-up humor but I thought it was innocent. The writers are pretty imaginative. There are some truly mindless cartoons on TV and while I would not put this in the catagory of educational, I think Spongebob is pretty fun to watch for kids over the age of 4. There is some violence but certainly less violent than the old Road Runner cartoons I grew up with.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymeanychris2004@... April 9, 2008

crazy

Ilove this show. Iwatch that show everyday. Itr is so funny. my cousin watches it and has everything of sponge bob.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCesy April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bywillbarchi April 9, 2008

A completely brilliant comedy show!

It is really funny and original but the humour is probably not for younger kids. In one brilliant episode Squidward goes mad and in one scene he is drooling with a scary dilated pupil in his eye! It is brill and my mum loves it 2! So brush the cobwebs off your butt and sit down to a real treat!

Great!

I love this show! Those kids and adults who think it is inappropriate, they need to get a life! ( no offense but, I do personally think that) Some kiddy stuff that is a little rude, give us kids a break! At least it isn't as inappropriate as Family Guy or South Park or whatever. You should set boundaries but really, loosen up a bit. This show is appropriate for a 3-year-old! To the people that think Spongebob is not appropriate, get a life AND a grip. Thank you!

Teen, 15 years old Written byGilmoregirlsfan101 April 9, 2008

Spongebob Rules!!!!!!!!

I love this show!

I abseloutely love spongebob. The parents that don't let their kids watch spongebob, you have to get a grip! Wait, actually a LIFE! If I were an adult that had a 2 year old, I'd let them watch it! Yeah, your hearing this from a 9 almost 10 year old! I agree with the 16 year old, Adults, loosen up a bit, your breaking an innocent 10 year old's heart. I have almost everything of spongebob, bath sponge, bubble bath, bath fizzies, even a doll pillow of spongebob, i even took him to overnight camp for a week so it would remind me of home. For the adults who like spongebob, you guys are awesome! adults who dont, like i said, loosen up! remember, you dont want to break a little 9 year old's heart.

you see my screen name?????????

Yeah, my screen name is right, Spongebob rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTE TO ADULTS!!! Do me a favor and stop writing stuff like that! Get off Spongebob's back! My cuz and I are Spongebob freaks and you adults got on our nerves!!! Spongebob's not being offensive to people, YOUR BEING OFFENSIVE TO MY CUZ, ME AND ALL THE OTHER SPONGEBOB FREAKS IN THIS PLACE SO PLEASE STOP!! To the kids and parents that approve to Spongebob: Thank you for being awesome supporters of Spongebob Squarepants. Keep the sponge alive for this little girl. KEEP WATCHING IT!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Not So Bad

Spongebob is hilarious! I have been wathing it since the first day that i came out (1999). I don't think that there was anything bad in it. Maybe just a bit of bad behavior, but that's about it. If parents think that this show maybe too inappropriate for their children at a younger age, then I bet that they thought the same for Looney Tunes. I find that show to be more violent than Spongebob, so I say that it is fine for young kids as long as they understand what is good behavior, and what is naughty behavior.