All member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants

Edgy, frenetic animated comedy is iffy for youngest kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycheacky3 May 11, 2009

Not that bad

I use to like this. Great for children 7+. But not the best show for young children. But i've seen a little worst. Spongebob is not that horrible for young children. The only problem with it is the type of comedy and how the charaters treat each other. But still I use to watch this under the age of 7.
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2009

I Love Spongebob! (And krabby patties)

Spongebob is the the best cartoon by far. Better than anything at all on Cartoon Network and stuff. If you think Spongebob is inapropprite for your kids than you should just throw away your T.V. Because you won't get anymore kid freindly than this. If you don't want your kids watching bad shows when they grow up then let them watch spongebob now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLOST_TRUE_LOVE April 29, 2009

I LOVE SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE SPONGEBOB SO MUCH. I WATCH HIS SHOW EVERYDAY AFTER SCHOOL. MI FRIEND SHE LOVES SPONGEBOB MORE THAN ME SHE HAS A LOT OF SPONGEBOB STUFF. HER WHOLE ROOM IS FILLED WITH SPONGE. EVERY WHERE SHE GOES I SEE WPONGE WITH HER. SHE EVEN HAS JORDYN'S WITH SPONGEBOB ON THEM. BUT SOME PARENTS LIKE SPONGEBOB TOO. BUT YOU SHOULD LET YOUR CHILD WATCH SPONGEBOB THE REASON WHY I SAID THAT IS BECAUSE I WAS READING SOMEBODYS REVIEW AND THEY SAID THEY DON'T LET THERE CHILD WATCH SPONGEBOB. I DON'T SEE WHY THOUGH.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bylalindal April 20, 2009

I don't like Sponge Bob

I don't like Sponge Bob, at least, not for my kid. He's sarcastic and smart-mouthed and the he and his friends seem to delight in hurting each other. My son definitely imitates what he sees on TV and if he ended up sounding like Sponge Bob, I would be very upset.
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2009

lol

lol this goes right over kids head but there is an episode where spongebob is saying im ugly and im proud and squidward says so thats what he calls it but here`s the joke replace ugly with gay
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2009

are you kidding

there is some bad lango in this show for young kids...ok like spongebob goes our genius is showing and patrick crosses his legs and goes were if listen in the movie he calls mr.krabs a jack ass and most of all he says penis in alot of episodes OMG
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2009

It made me LOL!

Whats wrong with Common Sense? This halarious show is suitable for all young kids!
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2009

SpongeBob SquarePants

RSKKZ Rating: PG for crude humor and mild cartoon violence. What Rodni Says: Finally! A kids show kids can actually like! When I was a few years younger, SpongeBob was cynical enough to fit my tastes, yet appropriate enough to be a kids show. The only bad things in it are crude humor, bloodless violence and some insults (idiot, moron, dimwit). Please, CI parents, kids HATE crap like Dora the Explorer and Barney, so ignore some of these bad reviews and show your kids SpongeBob, they will like it!
Parent of an infant year old Written byredhed100 April 1, 2009

Nothing wrong w/ Spongebob

I am amazed at some of the negative reviews. It is a cartoon, and yes, there is some adult humor, but kids would never "get" it. It is very watchable for an adult because of the hidden humor. Think back at those Bugs Bunny cartoons, he cross dressed, made political jokes/references and yes there was some violence, but as a kid you aren't getting the full effect anyway, as you don't have the frame of reference yet. Spongebob is a hard worker, loves his job, has imagination, he is a dreamer, shows love for his friends and pet Gary, I could go on and on. Not every single thing has to be a lesson. Lighten up.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byemilybell1 March 27, 2009
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2009

going down hill fast

the show was good at the start. but now they are running out of ideas
Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2009

A Very Good Show, But May Need Looking Into

"SpongeBob SquarePants" will be exactly 10 years old on July 26, 2009. I've been with SB all the way since 1999 and love the show. I own Seasons 1-3 and am pre-ordering Seasons 4 and 5 and Season 6 will be available soon! But, I will tell you, under all that kid-friendly giggles and the squishy yellow smile, SpongeBob does have some iffy stuff around the edges (well, he is a square after all!). I have so far seen three episodes with blood: 1) Fake-looking blood squirts from Squidward's heart as SpongeBob is poking at it in the episode "Dying For Pie". 2) In the episode "House Fancy," SpongeBob accidentally cuts off Squidard's toenail and blood is visible. 3) In the episode "SpongeBob vs. the Big One," we see water spouts of blood. As for sex/nudity, we sometimes see Sponge and Pat run around in their skivvies, but private parts are never seen, just little cartoon butts. Language is limited but some parents may want to steer clear. I could go on forever about this show, but in a nutshell: Look for it, see it, love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymintie_lips March 19, 2009
i think spongebob is fine the 1 episode were he so called swore krabs punished him 4 it and have u not seen PG movies now a days they swear, dont u cuss around ur kids?
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrownie1234 March 19, 2009

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it good for ID say 4 year olds
Adult Written byspongezim March 15, 2009

good and bad for kids

Some episodes are good for young kids some are bad in one episode spongebob and mr krabs think they killed a man. One episode shows them fallinkg off a cliff and losing ther head.This show can get bad and good for kids.
Parent of a 1, 4, 7, 11, 16, and 18+ year old Written bypopcornpop1997 March 15, 2009

Watch Out...

Fellow parents! Do not forget about the content in this show just because it is for kids! There is violence, nudity, and bad language in many forms! Be careful, I don't reccomend this for youngsters!
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2009

Great Heartwarming show!!

I think spongebob is a nice alternative to all the stuff they show on Nickelodeon! Spongebob is just a guy who loves work, and loves to help people! Yes it has a few crude humor, but not as bad as some shows! Spongebob is a great rolemodel for kids! Not the silly stuff, but I mean Spongebob himself! This is just a happy show!! Happy I say, HAPPY!!! =)
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bymomof2teacherofmany March 13, 2009

Pay Attention

You would be hard-pressed to find a kid under the age of 10 who hasn't seen this show. My almost-6-year-old son started taking a very big interest in it lately. I watched it with him once in a while, and thought some of the humor was off, but it would go over his head. I was mildly bothered when SB and Patrick were laying on the beach, Patrick pulled out the front of his bathing suit and you saw his hairy butt. Another episode had SB shooting clothes out of a cannon at Naked Mr. Krabbs. One of the resulting outfits was a bra and panties. I thought my son was ok with it until he got in trouble at school for talking about some of the racier stuff he saw. Know your kid and talk about what you see that's inappropriate. Don't ban it, but make sure your kid knows that this is not a show they should be taking their behavoiral cues from.
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2009

Great!

I would wait for it on Nick all the time because I love it.
Adult Written byFALLOUT3ROCKS March 3, 2009

Awesome show but...

This show is funny but does have sexual jokes, and the two main, male, characters have been repeatedly seen with little or no clothes on hugging and laying on each other. as long as your kids aren't perverts this show is fine my 2 and 5 year old cousins love it and they haven't been doing any nasty stuff.