All member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants

Edgy, frenetic animated comedy is iffy for youngest kids.

Adult Written byEliMama April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bydoctapeppa April 9, 2008

ARE YOU PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR MIND!

For the people out there that said that this show should be rated TV-14 are crazy. I would let my infant cousin watch this! If you guys are soooooo concerned about this show, why don't you browse through other channels? In Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, you'll see a guy hesitating to talk about how babies are made! In South Park, you'll see a baby spanking his mom! In Family Guy, you'll see limbs cut off, carefully censored nudity, and foul language! Now, that we have explored television, do you now see how mild this show is? Face it people! You can't stop a kid from growing up! The worst language I heard in this show was "Idiot!" This may not be suitable for young children, but people who have heard the word will completely oversee it as profanity. Come to terms with reality. Kids that are in 1st grade will know swear words you never even heard of! I T-ooatally Agree! We just have to give this a TV-14!

Teen, 16 years old Written bythebizent April 9, 2008

Funny, but not for young kids.

Sex: In one episode, Spongebob and Patrick make their clothes invisible and is suggestive. Other than that, it's mild toilet humor. Violence: Some cartoon violence but some scary images (e.g. the Rock Bottom episode) Language: Not an issue unless you think "stupid" and "idiot" are very bad words. Social Behavior: Iffy I recommend this show to kids 6-7 and older. One guy says this should be TV-14. That's a bit too far. However, the Sex is rather iffy. But in general, it's a funny and great cartoon.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

funny cartoon

a really great cartoon for all kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

This is not for toddlers...

SpongeBob is a great show however the new episodes are'nt that great but this show is often billed as a toddler's program when it's NOT aimed at them(it airs on Nick Jr sometimes in the USA when it's not mean't for the toddlers to watch) it's aimed at people aged 7 and over and also the block(now channel) which airs it in the UK(Nick UK airs it too but there's another network which airs it) CITV has cut some of it for no reason to make it suitible for toddlers such as the ending for Squilliam Returns personally even though i'm a Brit i know what the US ratings are too personally the rating has FINALLY changed from TV-Y to TV-Y7 ok some of it should be TV PG but not all of it but it should'nt be TV 14 like one of the people said it should be on here personally this show should be TV-Y7 well mostly TV-Y7 well it is now but it was originally TV-Y i dunno why though overall this is a great animated series i think the 4th season sucks though.

SOO FUNNY!

SPONGBOB is so funny! In some epasodes I laugh so hard that my eyes almost pop out! WATCH IT!!!
Adult Written byadryctsmommy April 9, 2008

Children over 8

Teen, 13 years old Written bymooseberry April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Not So Great

Bad Stuff: Patrick is naked (while flying through the air with a flag in his hiney) Spongebob and Patrick get drunk off ice-cream. A big fish tries to hurt Spongebob and Patrick. David H. gets stabbed in the hiney with a knife (while trying to get Patrick and Spongebob back to Bikini Bottom) This movie is not as good as the series even though my favorite character (Plankton) is in it.
Educator and Parent Written byelemenope April 9, 2008

Watch with caution, and with your child

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

good

good show

it's a kids show

i mean if you don't let you 4 year old watch you don't need a tv
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

You can't be serious???

Do you honestly think that a three-year-old will look THAT deep into a cartoon? Or that people UNDER 13 can't handle it? It is time to wake up!! When I was in sixth grade, people were swearing left, right, and center. If you are over the age of three I think spongebob is a good show, though it can seem appalingly stupid if you're over 11. Oops, I said stupid, I hope the intellectual children will forgive me! lol
Adult Written bycoffy500 April 9, 2008

I get it now...

5 year old constantly calling classmates names and uses the word "stupid" too much. Found out the child's favorite show is Spongebob! I don't think the humor is apporpriate for small children. They act out too much that they see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBob129 April 9, 2008

I still like this show even though i'm older

This will be very entertaining to kids. Its basically a mix of rugrats and looney toons.
Adult Written byKimmieSu April 9, 2008

I love the sponge

Well I love Spongebob and find nothing wrong with letting kids watch it. Parents are saying it's bad because of what it's showing kids but it's up to the parents to tell them not follow what they do on TV. There are a lot worse shows out there.