All member reviews for SpongeBob SquarePants

Edgy, frenetic animated comedy is iffy for youngest kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv June 18, 2014

I love it! Best show on Nick ever!

I started to watch this show when I was 5 or so & I think that I was a bit too young to watch it (I watched the movie first which is a bit more mature than the series). When I was 8 I started to get the jokes a bit more & liked it more so I recommend ages 8 & up to watch this! :) This show DOES have great messages i it; you'll just have to look a bit closer. ;) Some explosions can occur as well.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLimination June 17, 2014

Read review

In this animated TV series aimed for preschoolers, Spongebob Squarepants is an underwater sea-sponge that lives in the town of Bikini Bottom. There, he lives in a pineapple under the sea where he causes nautical nonsense with his best friend Patrick Star, a lazy but loyal starfish that literally lives under a rock, cheerful Sandy Cheeks, a smart and karate loving grey squirrel from Texas that wheres a water suit, and grouchy Squidward, an octopus that refuses to admit he's his friend and would just wish Spongebob would leave him alone. The nonsense includes his job at the successful Krusty Krab that has the world famous burger the Krabby Patty, owned by the coruscation him self Mr. Krabs, a cheap successful buisness owner that will do whatever he can to make the most money. Spongebob's job take the orders from Squidward that ironically, works with him and is to make the Krabby Patties behind the grill. Meanwhile, he has to protect the burgers from the most evil person in all of Bikini Bottom; Plankton, an actual plankton business owner sworn to The show has been my favorite show as a kid and I loved the first few seasons. The stories were original and fun and the characters were fun to watch. Spongebob was optimistic, Patrick was loyal, Sandy
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 16, 2014

The best show ever IMO.

I have been a huge fan of SpongeBob ever since it premired (sorry if I spelled that wrong) in 1999. Everything about it is AWESOME! I LOOOOOVE the Hawaiian Music in it too and it's theme song is just FANTASTIC! I'm getting tired of people comparing the new episodes and the old ones. They are both just as amazing as each other. Some new episodes are pretty bad like Once Coarse Meal and Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, but most of the new ones like InSPONGEiac, For Here or To Go, Accidents will Happen, Porous Pocket and Boating Buddies to name a few are AWESOME! If you still have hope for the show, try some of the episodes I just mentioned. If you lost ALL your faith in the show, why the hell are you still watching it? Just stop watching the show if you lost your hope for it. Problem solved. This is, and will always be, MY FAVORITE CARTOON OF ALL TIME!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2014

My favorite Show!

I love this show! Only Squidward is ever sarcastic or mean, and this show can be watched by younger kids and older kids, because there are some jokes on it that younger kids won't get but older kids will think are hilarious!
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2014

PLEASE READ!!

This show is so innapropriate once you actually THINK about it. This show is like brainwashing your child. In one episode, Patrick is really paranoid for some reason and make a little hill in the sand and LICKS it then turns it into a lamp. Now I wonder what THAT means?! Also, They're based off the 7 deadly sins, as we all know. Nice message there, huh? Sandy isn't a very good role model, either. She uses very incorrect grammar which I picked up on as a kid without even realizing it. Also, there's quite a bit of nudity in here. Of course they never show anything, but it's kind of sad showing butts and Sandy in a bra all the time. Another reason why is because they use language like "barnaclehead" which means "d---head" and "fishpaste" means "s---" and stuff. Remember that episode where SpongeBob and Patrick started cussing? To the users it was a bunch of animal noises and stuff, but that episode was so irrevelant. They didn't even need to make that episode. And we all know when SpongeBob turns on the TV and there's an anemone on the TV and then he turns it to the sports channel when Gary came on. That was p---, guys. ;) Also, Mr. Krabs is the WORST role model of all. He's greedy, and he says he's illiterate in one episode, and he's just plain bad. He's always keeping things for himself and he's so cheap. It's not even good. This show was so funny and hilarious when I was a kid until I actually opened up my eyes and payed attention. This show is pretty funny if you don't pay attention to the bad stuff, but still. I recommend to stop watching this show at the age of nine or under before you become, well, stupid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 June 3, 2014

Not that good anymore

I used to like it but now it's not that great. It's mostly just slapstick and laughing and stupid stuff. But for those of you who think that the characters are good role models, they are definitely not... I saw one episode where Spongebob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs broke into some woman's house to raid her underwear drawer... is this supposed to be in a childrens show? Also, why is it called Bikini Bottom and how come you can see Sandy's underwear?
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeter Griffin June 1, 2014

Used to be Good but Not Anymore

Spongebob was good in seasons 1-3 and the movie. Season 4 had good and bad episodes. The good episodes in season 4 were Fear of a Krabby Patty, Shell of a Man, The Lost Mattress, Skill Crane, Dungeons and Dragons, Krusty Towers, and Best Frienemies. The bad episodes were Good Neighbors, Funny Pants, Karate Island, All That Glitters, The Thing, Squid Wood, and Best Day Ever. The rest were meh. Season 4 was mediocre. Seasons 5-8, I can't stand the show. It was just bad. Spongebob: Used to be a happy sponge that likes work and was only a little annoying. Now, he sounds like he is hyper on sugar and is really annoying. Patrick: The starfish who was dumb and hallourious. Now, he is really dumb and annoying. Sandy: The squirrel who lives under water and used to do karate. Now, she is obsessed with science and is a bland character now. Squidward: The squid who hates Spongebob and Patrick and is never happy. he hasn't changed at all, only he gets tortured now, and that isn't funny. Mr. Krabs: The greedy crab who had a heart. Now, he has no heart, he is more greedy, and he is a criminal. Plankton: The plankton who always tries to still the krabby patty formula. He hasn't changed either.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySpongebob1 May 28, 2014

SpongeBob

It is an awesome show and kids 12 and up should watch it!!! Not just 6 or 7 year olds!! Its timeless!
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2014

It's a classic

I have seen some other review for this show and....... im dissaponted DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT REN AND STIMPY IS? (I also love that cartoon) but if you compare these two its really tame. I can't belive people are saying its not for kids KIDS ARE MUCH SMARTER THAN YOU THINK!
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2014

Good

Tis a bit violent. But not Attack on Titan nor FullMetal Alchemist violent. Just the right amount. The show does show butts sometimes, but nothing that a four year old wouldn't like.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHoroscopist May 26, 2014

I believe children must be mature for this.

Some episodes like "One Course Meal" involve suicide humor. Like when the evil character "Plankton" sits in the road waiting for a bus to run him over. And one episode "Are you happy now?" The sad "Squidward" almost tried to hang himself. Also in one episode "Little Yellow Book" I believe it's called, Squidward kinda gets revenge and reads the main character Spongebob's diary in front of everyone, also in the first movie Patrick which is the 2nd main character and Spongebob's friend is fully naked and you can see his butt.
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2014

It is a great show! Dad thinks it could be rated TV-PG- D-L or TV-14-D-L
Teen, 16 years old Written byDylanLeviiHiggiNobth May 8, 2014

So-called "children's show" is more violent and sickening than it seems.

This show features briefly graphic violence, frightening moments, sickening content, immaturity and mild innuendo. NOTE: The frightening moments warning is refering to scenes that may scare children under 9. So it's on for ages 11+, iffy for ages 10- and off for ages 6-
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014

love it!

I loved it all of my life!(I like the episodes more before,I don't know maybe 2009,maybe,I still like those episodes though.)
Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2014

LEARNING

Old episode are great, but went downhill in 2005.

The episodes from 1999-2005 were great but went downhill when the lawyer episode came on. The episodes were best through 2002-2004.
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2014

CANCEL IT NOW!

It has a lot of bad words. Please cancel it, it's so long overdue. And everybody must avoid Spongebob and Nick, or at least Spongebob.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2014

parents do not let your kids see spongebob squarpants. they can only watch spongebob if their 7 or older.

do not let younger kids see this.
Written byAnonymous March 25, 2014

Awesome Show...

I think that spongebob is a wonderful show. It contains crude humor, but it is humor! It is almost a satire, but even if your kids can't understand it it's not inappropriate. Keep in mind that not all shows have to be educational!
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2014

TotallyMe:

This show is the best. I know that people say "Spongebob is bad for your kiddies," or "It's not educational." Does is matter? It isn't any better than the Fairly Odd Parents (great) or Fanboy and Chum Chum(TotallyNotMe: stupid.) People should ease up. Parents, just think, where are you putting your kids if they are not watching the show? Where are you if you do let them watch the show? It's the same. Let your kids watch SpongeBob. Think about this also, if your kids have a tattoo or piercing, then why don't you let them watch SpongeBob? I have watched this show since I was a TWO YEAR OLD! I laughed at everything. Sure, I didn't get it, but laughing is the best medicine - even if you aren't sick.
Parent Written byResponsibleParentof4 March 13, 2014

18+ AND RATED X

I FOUND MY 4 12 YEAR OLDS WATCHING SPONGEBOB, THEY WERE LAUGHING, WHEN I SAW THEM WATCHING IT I TURNED OFF THE TV AND THEY WHINED, SO I GROUNDED THEM AND TOOK THEIR PRIVILEGES AWAY, NO SICK SHOW LIKE THIS THE LANGUAGE IS TOO CRASS FOR MY KIDS LIKE STUPID, OR SHUT UP, THATS WAY TOO STRONG